• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I found this in the Music section on Luelinks. I know this is not an official scale of anything but id like to know where you guys fall? Hell, where do i fall if i like 80s?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh please, you're not special.

:phone:

Gea

Smash Master
I love how classic rock is somehow level 2.

We all know Illmatic is still off that chart. I think he would listen to the distorted sound of snack packs being opened to the rhythm of mice humping and come tell us he had discovered a new human emotion as a result.

Xyro77

Oh please, you're not special.

:phone:
ummm i never said i was.

Why would "Ambient" be at level 4?
i dont know dude i didnt make this graphic

I love how classic rock is somehow level 2.

We all know Illmatic is still off that chart. I think he would listen to the distorted sound of snack packs being opened to the rhythm of mice humping and come tell us he had discovered a new human emotion as a result.
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA dear god this post should win an award

Xyro77

Bad example is bad lol.

What classic rock do you listen to Allan?
I just saw the pic so i thought id post it. Im not well versed in music genres so i cant say what level im at so yea.

As for classic rock i like SOME songs from the following groups

ACDC
PinkFloyd
AeroSmith
ZZ Top
Journey

Some of these im not sure are even considered "classic rock" but its always on the classic rock channel of Pandora.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I just saw the pic so i thought id post it. Im not well versed in music genres so i cant say what level im at so yea.

As for classic rock i like SOME songs from the following groups

ACDC
PinkFloyd
AeroSmith
ZZ Top
Journey

Some of these im not sure are even considered "classic rock" but its always on the classic rock channel of Pandora.
I probably shouldn't say this but w/e my life cant get any more embarrassing LOL. I used to be obsessed with this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSNKCfxcYvE

lol sorry guys
These are the reasons you're at level one, standard pop/rock

Gea

Smash Master
I just thought the classic rock thing was silly from the standpoint of what music is lucrative for radio stations to play. Classic rock rakes in way more advertising dosh than jazz for sure, which is a niche selection for stations. Then the top level would best reflect what radiostations tend to go for (because they get the highest ratings and thus convince advertisers to invest the most amount of money).

Though to complicate things, oldies stations (which often are classic rock stations) actually bring in the lowest ad revenue compared to the amount of people listening out of those other big genres, even if they have significantly more listeners. As in 100 people on an urban station or easy listening (a station like Sunny) can charge more for their adtimes than a station like the Eagle/Arrow with 300 listeners simply because the demographic of 50+ aged listeners are less responsive to advertising. This is kind of irrelevant towards its popularity, though.

Man, I know way too much about radio marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom