• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You sold off your Wii without tranferring your save data and Virtual Console games?

:phone:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yea. Most of that **** Amanda played or bought. I basically got rid of everything we played or she bought me.

Besides, I don't play any of that crap I downloaded anyways.

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Is it wrong that I feel like there is nothing announced for the Wiiu that I want? I mean Monster Hunter sure but I'm not getting a console just for it. I think I'm done getting consoles. My backlog stretches for years and years as it is. Hell, I have a ps3 and find so little on the thing that calls out to me.
Absolutely not. The lineup isn't particularly breathtaking or what have you.
I want to get the WiiU myself, especially after trying it out a few weeks ago, but I'll probably have to wait it out. :applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, Zombi U has received a high score, low score, and in between scores.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

Tesh

Smash Hero
bayonetta 2, smash 4 , mario party 10 are the things im waiting for.

considering i literally bought a wii as my brawl machine, its looking pretty good that im already hyped for 3 games.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
smash 4 and monster hunter, dunno what else I'll be looking forward to that's been announced so far so I'm in no rush to buy one.

Xyro77

Mass Effect 3 a positive? HAHAHAHAHA
yea its def a positive for the Nintendo ONLY owners or the ones who were holding out for all the DLC to be free.

Red Steel all over again, huh?

Edit: Multiplayer seems kinda cool, though
Do you remember when RedSteel was shown for the first time at e3? Ubisoft showed it running on a cpu and it looked AWESOME. the media/masses were super hype about the game. but once we bought it dear god it looked HORRIBLE and played WORSE. thats why people are afraid for ZombiU.

Gea

Smash Master
yea its def a positive for the Nintendo ONLY owners or the ones who were holding out for all the DLC to be free.
Have you played the series? 1 was a solid game, 2 had issues, 3 is abysmal and I don't mean just because of the ending.

Do you remember when RedSteel was shown for the first time at e3? Ubisoft showed it running on a cpu and it looked AWESOME. the media/masses were super hype about the game. but once we bought it dear god it looked HORRIBLE and played WORSE. thats why people are afraid for ZombiU.
Yeah no surprise, especially since people way overestimated what the Wii could do to begin with. WOW SWORDFIGHTING. Well... not exactly.

Xyro77

Have you played the series? 1 was a solid game, 2 had issues, 3 is abysmal and I don't mean just because of the ending.
Nah i dont like shooters+RPG type games. Other than the ending im pretty sure people liked the game.

Yeah no surprise, especially since people way overestimated what the Wii could do to begin with. WOW SWORDFIGHTING. Well... not exactly.
Its as close as we got tot he real thing until the Sony "Move" came out or RedSteel 2 which they say was really good just tway too late to save wii

Gea

Smash Master
Nah i dont like shooters+RPG type games. Other than the ending im pretty sure people liked the game.
People are dumb as hell. The game had almost no redeeming factors except maybe voice acting and "cinematic experience" if that is important to you. Actual gameplay and story suffered horribly. Gameplay was repetitive and interactions between your party was so horrible compared to the rest of the series. Pacing was bad, new mechanics with the warchest was bad. The only interesting new party member you get also happens to be on disc-DLC.

RE6 sold a ton and lots of people liked it. Doesn't magically make it anything besides the abortion of a game it is.

Xyro77

People are dumb as hell. The game had almost no redeeming factors except maybe voice acting and "cinematic experience" if that is important to you. Actual gameplay and story suffered horribly. Gameplay was repetitive and interactions between your party was so horrible compared to the rest of the series. Pacing was bad, new mechanics with the warchest was bad. The only interesting new party member you get also happens to be on disc-DLC.
aint gonna argue with this cause i never played it

RE6 sold a ton and lots of people liked it. Doesn't magically make it anything besides the abortion of a game it is.
To be fair, RE6 got a **** ton of bad reviews from critics and even worse reviews by the masses. What made it bad was not the ending (like ME3) but the WHOLE GAME. Not sure if its fair to compare those games. It sold well because of the brand name/CoD effect. But i do understand what you mean. Some game which are honestly bad sell well and its dumb.

picking up my WiiU in like 15min. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Xyro77

That's what I'm trying to tell you. What made ME3 bad was not just the ending, it was the whole game.
And that may be true but the masses(from what ive read) disagree and only ***** about the ending. As with RE6 is was basically common knowledge that the who game is a pile of ****. Either way, its a shooter in HD and im sure it was only brought on board for WiiU to appeal to the "core" gamer. Problem is, they already bought that game long ago.

edit: GS wont open till 11am now. the wait continues

Gea

Smash Master
Plenty of people defend RE6. Honestly I woulda been straight up surprised had ME3 gotten low review scores because of who made it and how much advertising they did. The game had some serious writing on the wall, like multiplayer emphasis.

So what stuff are you getting at launch for your spiffy new console?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yay, now it's time for a very large day one update!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
ZombiU already causing me problems, I had trouble getting the wrapper off while the other games gave me no problems.

It deserves a 4.5 already.

Xyro77

I just hooked it up and turned it on. LOL im literally controlling my TV/Cable with a Nintendo tablet its pretty cool. The controller is pretty damn light considering its size and the speakers are bad *** (remember the horrible wiimote speakers?). I have ZombiU and Nintendoland (it came with the WiiU) but i wont play NL unless im mega bored. There is a day one update i gotta sit through and its HUGE.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
After spending two hours preparing everything, I'm ready to play some Mario U...

Only to find out there is an update for it too.

NINTENDO.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just did a test with Mario using the TV only and Gamepad only.

Gamepad screen felt like it had a slight input delay...maybe it's just my imagination.

Some of the software take about 10 seconds to close. I'm assuming an update can fix this issue, the Wii had a similar one on launch day.

One flaw of the TV controls is that if you require an enter button to select input mode, you can't switch back to HDMI display if you switch to a TV channel.

Xyro77

ZombiU is pretty sweet. Some of the things it has you do with the tablet is gonna be sweet on metroid prime 4 or w/e it will be called.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Metroid: Universe. Or MU for short.

The only minor gripe I have is no eject button for discs on the Gamepad Menu. I know it's lazy/nit picking, but it would be nice if they add it eventually...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*wants to help*

*gets no response*

Okay then.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID