• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
But you don't need your knees. It's all online!
You sit on your knees when you browse the web? :applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mr. Hobo 12 champ and Mr. TO savant, what is your Nintendo network ID?

:phone:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Mines DJFliphop.

I'm still deciding on what game to buy? Would you guys be interested in teaming up for COD BO2? Heard that was actually one of the stronger titles out there.

Also, I'm about to purchase my airline ticket for Apex shortly. How many Houston Smashers are going?

EDIT:

Since you can play games like Mario/COD via the gamepad, are you able just to operate the console and start playing games directly to the gamepad without a need of a TV?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Flip yea certain games like Mario/cod do not need a tv. It can all be played on the tablet.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Yeah, since I live at my parents on weekdays and my apartment on weekends, would be nice to switch back and forth the WiiU without worrying of not having a HDTV to plug into at the parents. Is there a menu of some sort to allow Gamepad playing?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yea you can switch views from the tv to the tablet before the game starts AND on the title screen of the game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sweet, mine is Rockettrainer.

Mr. Turtle that is grim, it seems okay so far. I did experience a connection issue with the gamepad while playing Mario. It kept skipping, for about 5 seconds. No other problems since then.

I suspect it was either interference or too close to the system. I still need to do a max distance test...

And I'm still curious about the Wii U chat

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It did it just once so far. Otherwise, very smooth framerate. Again, I think it was just interference.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yea you can switch views from the tv to the tablet before the game starts AND on the title screen of the game.

Mario has it set up so that both TV and gamepad show the same thing. You can watch TV to play, get up, and go to another room while looking at gamepad to play.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Awesome. I tried the chat function. Pretty smooth, its like video chatting with Skype. I'm not sure if you can chat with multiple people at the same time. Did anybody get a screen protector for their gamepad?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Imo, you shouldn't need one unless you try to ram the stylus through the screen like some people or care about fingerprints.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mario is Mario. You either love it as a Mario fan or hate it because it's Mario. I feel this is what the Wii one should have been.

ZombiU, I've played like five minutes. Graphics aren't bad, but they aren't the best. Controls are okay.

Nintendo Land, I have not tried, but the minigames are supposedly pretty fun, with other people obviously.

As a sidenote, people have confirmed that Wii homebrew does work. But whether Nintendo will brick unit that have it in a future update, who knows...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I mean.. I kind of knew that was just asking how much fun the two games they bought were.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Flip is a smash millionaire.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably bragging about his illegitimate Fortune Street win.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Me and flip are 2 sides of the same coin

So i won Hobo 12 ^_^

**** UH
So if I get Flip to borrow money, that means you'll owe me money too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom