• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Megabus isn't working until June 19th.

HOBO 38 isn't a good indicator due to the insane prices for that tournament. Texas' smash scene has obviously reduced though.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Texas' scene died when the second LSC failed after I was removed from the panel.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
HOBO 38 prices were no worse than whobo(people are just stupid and don't buy venue early). It even had a bigger pot bonus.

Hobo 38 was def an indicator of this scene not even wanting to go to an event when payout/pot bonus is extended to top 7.

:phone:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Hey fellow smashers!!!

I'm plannin on coming 2 Whobo but I'm coming with my Girlfriend...

and I'm just trying to look up things to do outside of WHobo for her and I. Like any nice places to eat or any special activities that we can do.

ALso... How far is the nearest Car renting center from WHobo?

:sonic:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Whobo is at Dave and Buster...not sure if you need anything else...

I think there is Hertz nearby...search the venue's address in google to see...

Xyro77

Yea. RT isn't into women. He's into ANIMALS. Panda/zebra/penguin. Anything black and white.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I know what you're into, ya sicko.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
HOBO 38 prices were no worse than whobo(people are just stupid and don't buy venue early). It even had a bigger pot bonus.

Hobo 38 was def an indicator of this scene not even wanting to go to an event when payout/pot bonus is extended to top 7.

whobo is a national. hobo 38 wasn't. money issues is a problem with texans right now and lots of them are saving up for whobo.

Xyro77

For those of you that care, I'm reading a REAL book on my own free will. Let's see if I can finish it without falling asleep or losing interest.

Xyro77

whobo is a national. hobo 38 wasn't. money issues is a problem with texans right now and lots of them are saving up for whobo.
Though that's a legit excuse, "insane prices" isn't true. People should have bought venue(the most expensive item) early.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Read War and Peace.

Or Fifty Shades of Grey. :troll:

Gnes

Smash Master
sorry i sort of agree with mr. sims. Everyone will ALWAYS have money issues. Priorities have shifted, that's all. Some people aren't willing to sacrifice to make events anymore. Just how it is.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm predicting WHOBO 4 will outdo 3 as far as attendance is concerned.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
and you know how lazy people are. the prices were "insane" for a regular hobo...not whobo.

f u gnes the hipster gay marvel spanish hw doin bailer of cod...just like p4...

Xyro77

Yea there are multiple reasons why tx smash is dying but most def people's priorities have changed.

Xyro77

And I hope WHOBO 4 beats 3 in attendance.

It all comes down to advertisement and the hype yall add on to it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Money's my problem.
But also because tournaments are too consistent in their results. The excitement's dead. :applejack:

Gnes

Smash Master
brawl > sauna
my vomit>brawl

also cod wasn't my fault. Internet was super laggy yesterday. I tried to play, but it was ********. I would literally warp and die.

Money's my problem.
But also because tournaments are too consistent in their results. The excitement's dead. :applejack:
well, that too. Drive was a big motivator for people. Learning new ways to play the game, new techs, etc. But the most efficient way to play is already known. Honestly, its not enough variety in almost all aspects of the game...imo.

Xyro77

This has inspired me to write the final entry of the Houston smash story. Expect it soon.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Well now that I FINALLY have my laptop(thanks Kilik) and no bull**** is happening to me, I'm going home to update the PR and make tournament threads.

Brawl is dying for multiple reasons and sauna=brawl=marvel=cod=tales. Just depends on your mood :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Why would you put Tales in the same class as those?

You are banned from playing Xillia 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom