• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yellow House is by far their best.

DUM DUM DUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpP8yahxERo#t=2m

Each day I spend it with me now
All my time, spent it with me now

Each day, I spend it with you now,
Each day I spend it with you now
All my time, I spend it with you now

Out here, no one can hear me
Out here no one can hear me

OOOOOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOHHHHHH

Gnes

Smash Master

DUM DUM DUM

Probably true. I cant judge tho considering I haven't gave the other albums enough listen.

Dirty Projectors tho

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
RT, how far are you in XenoBlade? What level is your hero?

:phone:
Near the bridge to Colony 6 where all the Mechon are. I think they're level 15ish? I don't remember...

I've been rotating through several games.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Oh im getting xenoblade this week xyro. I have a little extra money ^_^. Trading some stuff in and buying a new wii.
Dude YES! There is a big *** box of games in yalls living room. Sell that crap and get das wii/xenoblade and pay off The Last Story. You shouldn't have to pay anything outta pocket!

And RT, there is nothing more important than xenoblade. Drop all other games and play it!

CY

Smash Ace

DUM DUM DUM

Veckatimest is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

JUST SAYIN'

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
As hyped as I was for Xenoblade, its a good game and all but it's pretty repetive and is no better than a ps2 game. Wii sucks lol

z00ted

Veckatimest is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

JUST SAYIN'
nah you ****ing pop loving indie fan ***boy
always the catchy beats with you cy, and im sick and tired of it

no tho. unless you like cookie cutter lo fi songs that sound the same.
give it time or die
LMFAO at them sounding the same, dear god ur a fool

Xyro77

As hyped as I was for Xenoblade, its a good game and all but it's pretty repetive and is no better than a ps2 game. Wii sucks lol
of course the Sony fan boy of texas would say that.

I hereby declare RT a hipster.

MEGA Hipsters/Nerds of Houston:

Illmatic/Smoom/Cy/Jerm/P4/Gnes. These lost souls spend their time listening to the pure form of **** music(mostly indie/no one knows about or some other form of music that wont stand the test of time) while playing their mainstream nerd games(marvel/CoD/computer games or any valve game). Typically these vermin wear girl pants/v-necks/hipster shoes/over sized glasses and unmatching clothes. They tend to do copious amounts of drugs(but not always) and are very weak to peer pressure.

ALIENS of Houston:

RT/Razer. Though their identity is "hidden" from the world, aliens do exist in our city and ive seen them. Some may be from the Bamboo infested forest of China and some may be from the 3rd world rat hole (aka the arm pit of planet earth) known as Mexico. Both are not wanted here and should leave or die immediately.

LEGENDS of Houston:

Trela/Jimbo. These beings were created by the ALMIGHTY for one purpose.....DESTRUCTION. Gifted with UNEARTHLY POWER their only goal is to ****(trela) and/or annoy(jimbo) the rest of humanity/Houston. Their gifts cannot be matched.

The ALMIGHTY of Houston:

Xyro. Suck it, nerds.

CY

Smash Ace
nah most lo fi is garbage and sounds the same. get some quality plz. if you're playing lofi because it's all you have access to, cool. but if you go out of your way to have ****ty distorted sounding equipment then that band should be shot. and bands like that have been called out for it before. trying to bring back lo fi as a fad, ****'s wack man.

and veckatimest is better, legit critics think it's their best, even JONNY GREENWOOD thinks it's the best. has nothing to do with "pop" or anything like that. just a better record, my dude. just because the album got some mainstream attention doesn't mean anything. good for Grizzly Bear.

z00ted

nah most lo fi is garbage and sounds the same. get some quality plz. if you're playing lofi because it's all you have access to, cool. but if you go out of your way to have ****ty distorted sounding equipment then that band should be shot. and bands like that have been called out for it before. trying to bring back lo fi as a fad, ****'s wack man.

and veckatimest is better, legit critics think it's their best, even JONNY GREENWOOD thinks it's the best. has nothing to do with "pop" or anything like that. just a better record, my dude. just because the album got some mainstream attention doesn't mean anything. good for Grizzly Bear.
what a snobby brat
mbv would like to have word with you, then shoot you dead

idgaf about what jonny greenwood or critics say
it's like built to spill with perfect from now on and keep it like a secret

some people like girly pop summer music (boys) i.e YOU
and others like long, drawn out, REAL music (men) i.e ME

CY

Smash Ace
long drawn out songs? most GBV songs are like 2 minutes long lol.

I listen to plenty of long, drawn out ****. i've been listening to Sigur Ros' Ágætis byrjun, ( ), and Takk a lot lately.

give me examples of "girly pop summer music" that I listen to lol

Smoom77

Smash Master

Illmatic/Smoom/Cy/Jerm/P4/Gnes. These lost souls spend their time listening to the pure form of **** music(mostly indie/no one knows about or some other form of music that wont stand the test of time) while playing their mainstream nerd games(marvel/CoD/computer games or any valve game). Typically these vermin wear girl pants/v-necks/hipster shoes/over sized glasses and unmatching clothes. They tend to do copious amounts of drugs(but not always) and are very weak to peer pressure.

ALIENS of Houston:

RT/Razer. Though their identity is "hidden" from the world, aliens do exist in our city and ive seen them. Some may be from the Bamboo infested forest of China and some may be from the 3rd world rat hole (aka the arm pit of planet earth) known as Mexico. Both are not wanted here and should leave or die immediately.

LEGENDS of Houston:

Trela/Jimbo. These beings were created by the ALMIGHTY for one purpose.....DESTRUCTION. Gifted with UNEARTHLY POWER their only goal is to ****(trela) and/or annoy(jimbo) the rest of humanity/Houston. Their gifts cannot be matched.

The ALMIGHTY of Houston:

Xyro. Suck it, nerds.
Average, annoying xyro post.

CY

Smash Ace
ALIENS of Houston:

RT/Xyro. Though their identity is "hidden" from the world, aliens do exist in our city and ive seen them. They listen to videogame music only, have no taste in anything, and only buy Nintendo related games or discuss Nintendo related subjects. free time consists of 3DS and Wii. They are the strange creatures of this planet.
I replaced razer with you because you and RT are the real aliens. the only music these aliens listen to are soundtracks to videogames. that's not nerdy at all btw. and they barely have time to listen to THESE SONGS because they're too busy playing NINTENDO games 24/7.

Xyro77

I replaced razer with you because you and RT are the real aliens. the only music these aliens listen to are soundtracks to videogames. that's not nerdy at all btw. and they barely have time to listen to THESE SONGS because they're too busy playing NINTENDO games 24/7.
I have a wife/kid/college/work. My ultimate dream of playing video games 24/7 is not possible.

z00ted

veckamist is pretty poppy compared to grizzly bear, that's all i was saying
you can tell when comparing the bridges and the actual lengths of the songs (shorter)

and sigur ros is more along the lines of soundscape/atmospheric/drone music when compared to something pulled from a piece of godspeed, yndi halda, kayo dot, etc which is a lot more orchestrated and meticulous

it's stupid to knock something because of it sounding lo-fi and short. the songs are actually really layered and abstract, lots of instruments going on and then they dismiss it abruptly and head to another idea instead of sticking with it for a good four or so minutes. like a minute and thirty and then done, repeated twenty or so times gives it a really different feeling compared to anything else out there. sure, you could call it pop - but the way they layer it and then pull it away instead of repeating it over and over again sort of discredits that claim

fresh ideas from riffs constantly thrown in your face every two minutes is what makes the album unique
give it a shot before knocking it, like two or three good listens

z00ted

clear display of why pitchfork is so ****ing ******** and further justification of my hatred towards it

one review... one man's opinion... and it can breed hipster st vincent and bon iver loving **** munchers that will never learn to appreciate real music because they are too blinded by some numbers thrown across a screen

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

ALIENS of Houston:

LEGENDS of Houston:

The ALMIGHTY of Houston:

Xyro. Suck it, nerds.
I guess this is a poorly labeled tier list of Houston, so I guess this means Xyro is bottom tier.

Seems legit.

CY

Smash Ace
on a serious note, Mogwai Young Team and Ágætis byrjun are the best post rock albums of all time.

just sayin'

like ill, it pisses me off you can't even MENTALLY grasp what Mogwai brings to the table when it comes to post rock. you just can't comprehend it or fathom their music. what a ****ing SHAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom