• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Im finna body this mofo foreal tho (⌐■_■)==/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

KRDsonic

Smash Master
hell nah, I saw Radiohead in '08 when they came to Houston. insta-win
I've seen Sonata Arctica live in houston too. I'm also a musician so I auto-win.

Haven't you heard? Wolf Doing a Bair is the hottest new band around! You've never heard their new single "What's the Matter (Scared?)"
Tallman knows what's up.

Edit: I feel like my sig matches my posts perfectly.

:059:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I haven't finished...I'm on chapter 10. I'm looking for the Zodiac weapons and have a few interesting weapons.

I haven't had much time because of work...

I've read that offering hearts does nothing, but some people claim it does. I've offered 10,000 and nothing do far.

:phone:
I got a question about weapons, rt/leaf

How come i got Zodiac weapon ABC but found the EXACT same weapon in the SAME level from a treasure chest? Are treasure chest items set at random? Also, ive noticed i have 2 of the same weapon but they have different stats. Does this mean there is no single "best weapon" in the game cause all weapons could potentially be the "best" due to the fact no one item has the "best" stats???????/?????

also

What do i look for in a weapon when determining how "good" it is? High Value stat? High "star" count? I have these ORBITORS that have 2 FULL stars in range and can basically attack things over 5000miles away. i then found a claw that has 3 FULL stars in range but cant even hit 1 mile away. I dont get it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Freakin old gens...they have an instruction manual AND instructional vids just for people like Mr movies>books, and yet you didn't use either? This is what's wrong with the world...all these lazy old gens! YOU ARE THE SCUM OF THE UNIVERSE.

How come i got Zodiac weapon ABC but found the EXACT same weapon in the SAME level from a treasure chest? Are treasure chest items set at random?
The type of item you'll get seems to be set for the most part (some chests will always have weapons, some will always have hearts/food/etc), but higher intensities always give better stuff. That's the reason why I recommended that you guys increase the difficulty during your initial playthrough. Since you guys decided to playthrough at a constant 2.0ish level and I bumped up to 6.0, I'll probably end up with better weapons for crafting and more hearts for buying the crazy expensive weapons.

Also, ive noticed i have 2 of the same weapon but they have different stats. Does this mean there is no single "best weapon" in the game cause all weapons could potentially be the "best" due to the fact no one item has the "best" stats???????/?????
You are correct. There is theoretically no best weapon because of all the various effects. You should use whatever fits your playstyle and whatever weapon you're using. Factor in all the various skills, and the possibilities are enormous. This is also why the two of the exact same base weapon might have different stats.

What do i look for in a weapon when determining how "good" it is? High Value stat? High "star" count? I have these ORBITORS that have 2 FULL stars in range and can basically attack things over 5000miles away. i then found a claw that has 3 FULL stars in range but cant even hit 1 mile away. I dont get it.
Each of the weapon types has strengths and weaknesses. Clubs and claws are for melee-focused players, staffs are for snipers, cannons are for area-of-effect, etc. You generally want something that maxes out the potential of your weapon.

For example, I have a claw weapon that has six stars in melee and has +2 running speed, +1 melee combo, +3 melee dash attack, and +1 forward-dash cont fire. Since claws are primarily a melee weapon (quick attacks, but low attack output), I want something that lets me get in, do a ton of quick hits, and run away. I should also equip skills that follow this type. The weapon I have is an okay setup, but I would try to craft something that adds more running speed and evasion.

And all the weapons have counters. Staffs are amazing for sniping, but you'll get ***** in melee. Clubs have amazing charge shots and melee, but at long range, you'll lose.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Leaf/Rt, I just beat KI. Have you?

What does offering of hearts to the goddess do?

How do I get point bonus after killing bad guys?

Which was your fav boss?

Beat it, yeah.
Nothing from what I've seen, like RT I put up 10,000 and nothing yet.
I just woke up, dunno.
Dark Pit, I think. Have to think about it.

I got a question about weapons, rt/leaf
Basically what RT said, you'll spend a lot of time trying to get some of these.

For example, I have a claw weapon that has six stars in melee and has +2 running speed, +1 melee combo, +3 melee dash attack, and +1 forward-dash cont fire. Since claws are primarily a melee weapon (quick attacks, but low attack output), I want something that lets me get in, do a ton of quick hits, and run away. I should also equip skills that follow this type. The weapon I have is an okay setup, but I would try to craft something that adds more running speed and evasion.
Chapter 10? Oh my god...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Beat it, yeah.
Nothing from what I've seen, like RT I put up 10,000 and nothing yet.
I just woke up, dunno.
Dark Pit, I think. Have to think about it.

Basically what RT said, you'll spend a lot of time trying to get some of these.

Chapter 10? Oh my god...
Well the game said you get better rewards with higher difficulty. I figured 6.0 was probably the max level I should try for my first playthrough. I could probably push 7 or 8, but I figure 6 is good enough until I learn where everything is. And most of the intensity gates are below 6 at this point. I ran through the crafting table, saw this weapon, and decided it works...for now...

If the wreath isn't gold, that means you missed a door or Zodiac weapon.

EDIT: Spot Pass has Reggie Mii...he has every puzzle piece...

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I haven't finished...I'm on chapter 10. I'm looking for the Zodiac weapons and have a few interesting weapons.

I haven't had much time because of work...

I've read that offering hearts does nothing, but some people claim it does. I've offered 10,000 and nothing do far.

It makes her walk closer to the screen.

I'm on chapter 14 I think, been doing around 5-7 intensity for my playthrough. Starting on 7, usually dying once or twice.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm just curious what happens when you max it out. Sakurai has to be trolling...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There are other places to get those AR card scans...google it.

I'm don't usually encourage gambling, but...dat Mega Millions...

Xyro77

There are events in dallas and SA too, leaf.

I honestly don't really care for AR cards the onse that came with the don't work for me.

Xyro77

Some of these achievements on KI are impossible.

Also, did y'all hear about the 10.0 difficulty?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Some of these achievements on KI are impossible.

Also, did y'all hear about the 10.0 difficulty?

Wimp. Can't hand a real game with real challenges.

On chapter 12...hopefully I'll finish this weekend.

CY

Smash Ace
and why are there so many careless posters in here. a fellow smash player who frequents this board often tells us bad news and you guys just skim over it like it's nothing and post about some ******** 3DS game that sucks. at least have the decency to say something encouraging to KRD.

heytallman

CTALL
and why are there so many careless posters in here. a fellow smash player who frequents this board often tells us bad news and you guys just skim over it like it's nothing and post about some ******** 3DS game that sucks. at least have the decency to say something encouraging to KRD.
this

I love CY
Me too.

KRD, I'm incredibly sorry to hear about your mother. Another one of my friend's moms is fighting cancer as well. I can't imagine how hard of a thing that must be.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
iPhone = Eye Phone = Illuminati Phone and Siri spelled backwards is Iris which means Eye. We're Watching You.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
To anyone from houston going to corpus this saturday, Pwii asked me to ask if any of you will be willing to take him along as well.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Thanks for everyone giving support. It really does mean a whole lot.

You'll be in my prayers wolfmaster910.

Did they give a specific reason to why its not being effective?
I'm not really sure why. From what my mom told me, they did a cat scan early on during the chemo treatments which showed the tumors, and they did another one for comparison recently and the results of that came back yesterday, and the tumors had gotten bigger and there are more now. From what she said, from the cross-section of her liver on the scan, she saw about 20 tumors in there right now. She still has some small ones on the outside of her lungs that haven't gone away and have increased in size as well. Apparently the doctors were surprised that the chemo wasn't working and that that's rare. So they're gonna put her on another type of chemo now, though they don't think it will work. Still, it's the only chance she has left. I'm still hoping for the best, but I also need to start planning for the worst too.

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom