• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Devil Survivor is fun. Got kinda drawn out at the end though, IMO, but I played the original version, not the remake.
Sacred Stones is definitely fun, though I wouldn't put it top FE game.

We should make a crew of Washed up Veterans:
Fliphop
RoyR
UTDzac
Sethlon

It's time.
I would be up for this if only for the excuse to hang out with you and RoyR again lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Baby's first RPG. It was a pretty average game. He should probably play it, but only so he can give it back to me.
Babys first rpg? you mean yours? his? mine? NONE of us can say golden sun was our first rpg

Gea

Smash Master
Babys first rpg? you mean yours? his? mine? NONE of us can say golden sun was our first rpg
I am saying it is an extremely basic and average RPG. It did slightly better in the puzzle department than most RPGs, but that is about it.

Xyro77

I am saying it is an extremely basic and average RPG. It did slightly better in the puzzle department than most RPGs, but that is about it.
The dijinn combinations offered lots of depth because certain spells couldnt be learned if u didnt combine correctly. graphics were AMAZING for its time. music was too. there is lots of text and a decent story. AWESOME game. nothing average about it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They still haven't announced a sequel on 3DS.

:phone:

Gea

Smash Master
The dijinn combinations offered lots of depth because certain spells couldnt be learned if u didnt combine correctly. graphics were AMAZING for its time. music was too. there is lots of text and a decent story. AWESOME game. nothing average about it.
Offer you lots of depth? I certainly disagree. Not only were some classes straight up useless compared to others, but the options hardly mattered-- the game was pretty easy. Ontop of that, many skills were shared, making stats the most important part of classes. I would concede if it were a system more like FF5 where your options ultimately had a larger impact on the gameplay, but really you could get through the game with any combination and probably not care. The graphics were not out of this world for when they came out, though it definitely is a nice looking GBA game. Though I'll knock it for using sprite recolors quite liberally. Music was alright, but fit the game well. Saying there was lots of text doesn't make a game good or bad, just that it was wordy. And it was. The story was pretty lame if you consider that you got an incomplete story from pretty much every title. It wasn't even particularly well written, and the pacing was pretty bad.

It didn't offer anything particularly new to the RPG genre, nor were the elements it had very polished. The biggest innovations the game brought were the puzzles.

It wasn't a bad game for sure, but it wasn't spectacular either. Superstar Saga and Mother 3 completely blow it away.

CY

Smash Ace
Offer you lots of depth? I certainly disagree. Not only were some classes straight up useless compared to others, but the options hardly mattered-- the game was pretty easy. Ontop of that, many skills were shared, making stats the most important part of classes. I would concede if it were a system more like FF5 where your options ultimately had a larger impact on the gameplay, but really you could get through the game with any combination and probably not care. The graphics were not out of this world for when they came out, though it definitely is a nice looking GBA game. Though I'll knock it for using sprite recolors quite liberally. Music was alright, but fit the game well. Saying there was lots of text doesn't make a game good or bad, just that it was wordy. And it was. The story was pretty lame if you consider that you got an incomplete story from pretty much every title. It wasn't even particularly well written, and the pacing was pretty bad.

It didn't offer anything particularly new to the RPG genre, nor were the elements it had very polished. The biggest innovations the game brought were the puzzles.

It wasn't a bad game for sure, but it wasn't spectacular either. Superstar Saga and Mother 3 completely blow it away.
you're wrong. Allan is right on pretty much every count.

Xyro77

case closed.

we realize that an RPG doesnt have to be revolutionary in order to be good(especially over devil survivor lol). We realize that an RPG doesnt have to conclude its story after 1 game(like FF) to be good. We realize that gea is a bitter liberal new gen who likes NERDY games.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Devil Survivor is not even close to being as good as Golden Sun (idk about the DS version though of GS, haven't played it)

This coming from an Atlus fangirl btw

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Is the Golden Sun DS version any good?

Oh and Sethlon, I got a copy of Koudelka! Havent played it yet since my monitor doesnt have AV inputs lol..so im gonna go to goodwill/pawnshop for a cheap tv.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
all of them are amazing

gea, that picture destroyed me lol

Xyro77

The DS game(from what i gather) story is MUCH different from the first 2 GS games. remember the 4 party members from GS1 and the 4 from GS2? yea u dont use them any more in GS:DD. lol

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Other than new characters, a few new mechanics, and some new moves, it's the same game you already know. It even has a cliffhanger ending!

Xyro77

Other than new characters, a few new mechanics, and some new moves, it's the same game you already know. It even has a cliffhanger ending!
if you cant use Garret/Alex, the game sucks!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom