• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Nah, I NEED rumble, or I can't even play. I need a way to get around wireless interference though. It makes me not want to play at all.

Gea

Smash Master
That is pretty awesome, Tesh. Thanks for the link. Gotta listen to the rest of their stuff.

There isn't too much you can do, Razer. Use a gamecube controller or try to play on TVs in a little isolated room. As far as I know you can't actively select what channel the Wii uses for the Wiimotes.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Yeah, unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. Luckily, the Apex venue had none or maybe an unnoticeable one. I've already put in 4 years with this controller...just don't want to go through it all again with GC. I like how wiimote feels over it anyways.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I wonder what happens when Smash 4 comes out. Or the next generation of consoles in general. I really wanted to just pick up GC for real this time, but it seems kind of pointless if I'll have to go back to wiimote/classic or at best wireless GC when Wii U comes out.

I imagine almost anything would be frustrating to play when your inputs get confused.

Gea

Smash Master
Learning a new controlscheme doesn't take that long. It just takes enough dedication to actually stick with it. Especially when the controlsticks are pretty damn similar. I would imagine interference to be more of a problem when an entire venue is using wiimotes, though.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Dude, Slush went back and got his diploma, he's so good now. It was like he stepped into the time chamber, came out looking like trunks

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
He's always been active, just our city hasnt had much tournaments. He's been having smashfests

@RT- pspGO is amazing for $50. Get both if possible. pspGO is good for emulating, already has 16gigs of memory and would be only $50. Thats cheaper than vita memory sticks LOL

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He's always been active, just our city hasnt had much tournaments. He's been having smashfests

@RT- pspGO is amazing for $50. Get both if possible. pspGO is good for emulating, already has 16gigs of memory and would be only $50. Thats cheaper than vita memory sticks LOL
Indeed. Sadly, I already have one...and only one game...which I don't even play anymore, lol.

so mario party is out, i know what we are doing after hobo
I heard the new one doesn't have the traditional coins and stars, but you collect mini-stars or something like that. No more set turns, it's more "get to the end of the board." And there's more co-operative based games. You can still screw people over, but not nearly as much. I can already see the evil possibilities...

In other words...I don't like what I've heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f7vEn0NAjM

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Could see if you can find one and sell it on craigslist for more. Thats what im going to try to do lol

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
the fanmade music/art for persona 5 is amazing

but I cant understand why people cant just wait, man they must be bored lol

Gea

Smash Master
Suspect, Gos aren't that great for emulation. Pretty much every good SNES game has some frame issues. It does have a pretty good library though, and they are eaaaasssyyyy to softmod.

Happy birfday, Flipchamphop Noel

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Some of the guys played Mario Party 9 at the SA Tournament yesterday.
It was funny as hell. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
i didnt even know this was out. i dont really like how it looks but i cant really argue with the "end of the board" win condition. Anything over 20 turns is like playing monopoly, you just dont finish with real people.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
SkyPirate/cloverleaf, thanks for playin RE with me. You are pretty decent at this game and make a good partner!!! What perks do u have on your sniper? Also, if u can, keep running through ghost ship with people and u will get really good parts/high lvl weapons. A decent run through GS is like 25-30min. Seems long but the gear pays off.

:phone:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I thought I had good DPS with my P-90, but that Pale Rider just... destroys EVERYTHING. :x
I have Damage +20%, Distant Hit +45%, and L4 Charge Shot on my rifle. It's a 3-slot Lv48 M40A1. Can't seem to find any 4-5 slotters for some reason.

I'd run through the Ghost Ship more often with people, but I'm not really in town and able to play often. That was actually the first time I played online, so it was a little freaky when some of the enemies would skip forward a tiny bit. XD

Thanks for playing. That was actually quite fun! :D

I loved PantyRaider's reaction to Prime's game collection. "Oh my GOD, he should be in jail!"

Also, Paw rage quit. Must have still been mad about losing to Slush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom