• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Back on the subject if Vita, how is it? It looks quite bulky...can it even fit in a pocket? I heard the UI is terrible/annoying, is that true?

:phone:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Tekken Wii U: 60fps, low image latency, Touchscreen controller as a strategy guide

Tekken on Wii U will run at 60fps, has impressive image latency, and will make use of the console's touchscreen controller in interesting ways, designer Katsuhiro Harada has revealed.
Harada has seen the upcoming console up close and personal, and is impressed with the results of latency tests - news sure to please frame-obsessed fighting game fans.
"The speed of the image transmission feature from the screen to the controller is impressive," he told*Nintendo Gamer.
"The first time I saw Wii U, I thought, 'isn't the delay longer than one frame? If it is, it's going to be difficult for fighting games.' But when I heard that the latency actually isn't more than 1/60th second I was really happy."
The development team's goal is to get the fighting game running at 60fps, Harada revealed.
"In reality most games offer a variable frame rate of no more than 20fps to 40fps," he said. "But one of our major objectives will be to fix the frame rate of our game at 60 so it becomes a match about movements and no longer a match about visuals.
"Of course, with a frame rate of 30 images per second, we still get very nice visuals, but you can't compare our 60fps games with those that have low frame rates - we're taking the fight into an entirely different dimension altogether."
According to the report, Harada doesn't think Nintendo is planning to enter the graphics race with the Wii U.
Instead games will stand out courtesy of the touchscreen controller and the unique features it enables.
For Tekken, one of these unique features may be using the controller's screen to display an interactive strategy guide.
"I've often heard about or seen fighting-game players playing with a strategy guide open at their feet," Harada said. "So it would be useful if we could, for example, distribute an enhanced digital version of the guide that the player could see while playing, and even touch to have a live preview on the main screen."
Tekken Wii U was announced during Nintendo's E3 2011 press conference as part of a long list of titles due out for the console from third parties.
Little is known about it, although we expect more information at E3 2012, where Nintendo will unveil the final design of its Wii successor, due out in time for Christmas.
Another idea Harada has for the Wii U's second screen is to use it as a drawing board, letting gamers design their own patterns for character customisation.
"Another thing I would like to do is use the capacity to write on the screen," he said. "I'd like to implement a feature such as being able to customise the character by drawing and painting on the screen."
Tekken Wii U footage from last year shows how this may manifest itself in-game. It also shows live-editable stages, lending the 3D fighting game a Smash Bros. feel.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-28-tekken-wii-u-60fps-low-image-latency

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So latency is no more 1/60th of a second? Fascinating...

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
"The first time I saw Wii U, I thought, 'isn't the delay longer than one frame? If it is, it's going to be difficult for fighting games.' But when I heard that the latency actually isn't more than 1/60th second I was really happy."
So.

a frame is about 1.6 ms

all TVs have at least 1.25 frames of latency but anyway more importantly is buffer.

Tekken is generally a 5 frame window of buffer game

For comparison Brawl has 10 FUGGIN FRAMES

and Melee has 0

it will effect reaction time but will only matter if they make a game without buffering (which exactly 0 games do these days, even sports games and etc)

furthermore if this console actually runs games at 60fps thatd be nice, altho i wouldnt doubt nintendo first party games.

but for hd games, sf4 is built on windows xp ,720p standard, and is very optimized, they did a good job

PS3s and xbox cant run skyrim, mgs4, re5, deus ex HR, MVC3 and many other games at a high, consistent framerate (yes the framerate varies constantly and usually runs in the 22-28 range.

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
i raged at MW3 today.....i made a hole in the wall...

should i quit gaming in general?

srsly

*also i learned that u dont learn anything until u pay a price, whether it be time, pain, or punishment...

^^^^^^^^
i died at that pic btw

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hole in the wall?

Pics plz.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm far too lazy to stand up and punch something over a video game.

CY

Smash Ace

srsly

*also i learned that u dont learn anything until u pay a price, whether it be time, pain, or punishment...

^^^^^^^^
i died at that pic btw
I would actually be concerned if you DIDN'T rage at MW3. ur fine, my dude. I've broken a few controllers in my day.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I once saw P4 shoot a shotugun point-blank several times at someone's head while they were using a pred missile or whatever and saw no hit marker.

Such is the life of a MW3 player.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

srsly

Pics would be appreciated.
Besides everyone rages, especially for a terrible game like M- No, any FPS/TPS is bad. Anyways, what CY said is true. It'd be weird if you didn't break any controllers, so don't feel bad.

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
i think i rage harder than red shadow, tho i dont show it as often.

see look....

[/IMG]

towards the right was the living romm where i was playing

i had to lie to my fashza and said i spilt water on floor then was lazy and didnt clean up and slipped and fell on the wall against my elbow

if i play again i should prolly just use the generic set everyone uses:

striker/assassin/watever 3rd perk

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That lie should not hold up...you're lucky it did.

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
@RT
how am i lucky if it wasnt a lie?

@Slush
i didnt throw my controller...i learn that lesson the hard way :urg:

@Xyro
i rage at everything, whether it be an fps, LoL, or Brawl
its an internal problem i'vem been trying to fix since my elementary days tho back then it wasnt an urgent of a fix as it is now

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
>I had to lie to my fashza and said i spilt water on floor then was lazy and didnt clean up and slipped and fell on the wall against my elbow
>not a lie
Not sure what's going on anymore.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Mario Party 9 says goodbye to taunting

One of the best/worst features of other Mario Party games was the fact that you could taunt other players just by pressing buttons on your controller. Sadly, that is not the case with Mario Party 9. Taunting has been removed from this version, which means you'll have to keep your taunting in the real world.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1219609p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I miss the taunt cancelling in earlier games...

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
Mario Party 9 says goodbye to taunting

One of the best/worst features of other Mario Party games was the fact that you could taunt other players just by pressing buttons on your controller. Sadly, that is not the case with Mario Party 9. Taunting has been removed from this version, which means you'll have to keep your taunting in the real world.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1219609p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

nooo toad taunt waas too good

that would be soo rhape, needs matching nunchuck tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom