• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
holy **** is m2k really coming to this? he should post in this thread for proof.

this HOBO should be better than the last one. -_-
He is. He contacted me on Aim telling me he wanted to come to texas.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Mr.3000 pm me bout next time we can game. Dallas is lookin to go to waco's Sept.20th brawl doubles and singles tournament. We would love to see you and Trex there. I never got a chance to play u guys and a few other houston players in serious friendly sets. If you don't make it to waco's tourny...your sonic will look like this when it meets Dallas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1cfWntU8MA

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to Stiltz for winning the whole tournament! I'm not surprised at all that he won, to be honest. You're a puta, though ;P.

So, I'm confused about a couple things. Yes, Hylian won the tournament match (I love suiciding and getting infinited on Rainbow Cruise, lolz), but I asked him at least three times throughout the day to do the money matches, and each time it was a no because he, "Only played Brawl 3 times in two weeks" or he was waiting for teams to finish up when we could have played during the down time between matches. So...wtf?

I'm still holding you to those money matches Hylian, and since I heard too many bad excuses, we'll do this. At Hobo 11, before the tournament even starts, I'll bring my tv and that will be a dedicated MM tv until the tournament starts. If two people are playing on my tv and someone wants to do a MM, I'm kicking the two people off after I ask politely for them to stop their game.

To refresh everyone's memory:

$50 Sand-Trap vs Hylian, best of 5
$50 (only $10 for Sand-Trap) Sand-Trap vs Hylian (no MK/ICs), best of 5
$10 Sand-Trap vs Fogo
$10 Sand-Trap vs Dojo (no MK)

You are not getting out of this, Hylian. And since you won that tournament match, you should be full of confidence and have no worries about playing me again.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Congrats to Stiltz for winning the whole tournament! I'm not surprised at all that he won, to be honest. You're a puta, though ;P.

So, I'm confused about a couple things. Yes, Hylian won the tournament match (I love suiciding and getting infinited on Rainbow Cruise, lolz), but I asked him at least three times throughout the day to do the money matches, and each time it was a no because he, "Only played Brawl 3 times in two weeks" or he was waiting for teams to finish up when we could have played during the down time between matches. So...wtf?

I'm still holding you to those money matches Hylian, and since I heard too many bad excuses, we'll do this. At Hobo 11, before the tournament even starts, I'll bring my tv and that will be a dedicated MM tv until the tournament starts. If two people are playing on my tv and someone wants to do a MM, I'm kicking the two people off after I ask politely for them to stop their game.

$10 Sand-Trap vs Fogo

You are not getting out of this, Hylian. And since you won that tournament match, you should be full of confidence and have no worries about playing me again.
Certainly. I wasn't trying to get out of it. As soon as I got knocked out of the tournament at around 11pm I went looking for you. I litterally walked around PZ for an hour looking for you. I even walked over to Whataburger to see if you were there. I left at around 12 because Lee was tired and he was driving back to Austin that night.

Where did you go? :(.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Badnewsbear, we can do a gorilla match in Waco, and the loser becomes GGG aka Good Game Gorilla. :)

I remember seeing everyone gathered around Hylian and Sand-Trap while they were playing and I seriously thought it was a MM until someone told me it was just a tourney set.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
I dont care who he is or her all i care is dont bak down even if he is the best on the world
That really depends on the challenge. If pianodude backs down from a friendly challenge, then he's being a *****.

I would love an opportunity to fight M2k, but not if I have to auto-lose 10 bucks , eat cinnamon, drink questionable milk, wear a scooby doo suit, wear a gorilla suit, or anything like that XD.

pianodude, what sort of "challenge" are you talking about?

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice

$10 Sand-Trap vs Fogo

Sand-trap stop squabbling over that and spend your time more wisely, like congratulating me more ^_^

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Certainly. I wasn't trying to get out of it. As soon as I got knocked out of the tournament at around 11pm I went looking for you. I litterally walked around PZ for an hour looking for you. I even walked over to Whataburger to see if you were there. I left at around 12 because Lee was tired and he was driving back to Austin that night.

Where did you go? :(.
My gf came back after work so I hung out with her, but half the time we were inside PZ, and when we weren't, I checked back in PZ twice to try and MM you. And when I finally saw you, you were getting into a car =/. Well, as long as you don't forget, and we have the MMs at Hobo 11 first thing, that's cool with me.

Sand-trap stop squabbling over that and spend your time more wisely, like congratulating me more ^_^
LoL, I did congratulate you already! I just wish _someone_ wasn't punishing a friend for being helpful and generous *glares at Stiltz and Roy*. I'm so proud of you, and I'm especially glad you didn't lose to the 2nd place guy...at dinner I had to sit with him, and he was just so annoying! I wanted his head to just explode so he would shut the **** up.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My gf came back after work so I hung out with her, but half the time we were inside PZ, and when we weren't, I checked back in PZ twice to try and MM you. And when I finally saw you, you were getting into a car =/. Well, as long as you don't forget, and we have the MMs at Hobo 11 first thing, that's cool with me.

LoL, I did congratulate you already! I just wish _someone_ wasn't punishing a friend for being helpful and generous *glares at Stiltz and Roy*. I'm so proud of you, and I'm especially glad you didn't lose to the 2nd place guy...at dinner I had to sit with him, and he was just so annoying! I wanted his head to just explode so he would shut the **** up.
Yeah, I'm cool with doing it at Hobo 11. Glad you still want to :).

kown

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm cool with doing it at Hobo 11. Glad you still want to :).
HOW CAN U DO A 50 DOLLAR MONEY MATCH....with 5:1 odds. thats completely rediculous...well i like how your confident but geez if you lose 50 dollars and than another 50 dollars itd be a huge dissapointment to urself. but ur responses to sand traps comments are too funny. you act too composed against sand traps comments. its funny.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
HOW CAN U DO A 50 DOLLAR MONEY MATCH....with 5:1 odds. thats completely rediculous...well i like how your confident but geez if you lose 50 dollars and than another 50 dollars itd be a huge dissapointment to urself. but ur responses to sand traps comments are too funny. you act too composed against sand traps comments. its funny.
Winning against good people will make you have that kinda attitude. Hell i wish i could be that confident at a big tourney. @_@

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
That really depends on the challenge. If pianodude backs down from a friendly challenge, then he's being a *****.

I would love an opportunity to fight M2k, but not if I have to auto-lose 10 bucks , eat cinnamon, drink questionable milk, wear a scooby doo suit, wear a gorilla suit, or anything like that XD.

pianodude, what sort of "challenge" are you talking about?
a cinnamon match O_O

lol i would love to play M2K friendlies and get ***** hahahaha

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Is Mew2King really attending our tourney? or is this some kind of joke? because if it's not I WILL GO WITH MY CREW ON OCTOBER 4th!!

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Wow, M2K is gonna attend the next HOBO? This'll attract a lotta attention. Houston's becoming quite the brawl hotspot.

Conker315

Smash Lord
it's 50/50 if I can go, but will anyone help me with my plane ticket?

it's a risk enough to go when my mom doesn't want me to travel outside of EC during college

edit - I don't know if I can go to this one since I would have no ride from my place to cactuar's guaranteed (mom gets back too late, and she wouldn't want me to go anyway) on Friday, but I would like to come to one in the future if possible
^maybe..high chance he is.

Conker315

Smash Lord
how is he backing down??
If u actually read the quote youll see he needs help with a ticket, and needs a ride.
"but I would like to come to one in the future if possible"
didnt sound like backing out to me.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
well, if m2k doesn't go, try persuading DSF to go. I mean, he traveled all the way to Michigan by himself, surely, TX wouldn't be much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom