• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
....dude...

Yes, it probably is, wahahahahahahahahahaha.

A little flash window should pop-up. It may be your browser...try another one. If it doesn't work, then...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

The coins do expire after two years. Now that they are giving free games away, people shouldn't have a problem with them expiring...codes don't...you can enter a code for Mario Kart DS and still get coins.

Tesh

Smash Hero
JAPAN ONLY!!!!!??? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:/

Now I'm sad.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's not impossible, but Nintendo of America isn't known for being generous with free stuff. Japan and Europe can redeem their coins/points for controllers/point cards. Here? HAVE SOME POSTERS!!!11!!!!1 The promotion for the free 3D Kid Icarus and those special edition 3DS giveaway that Japan and Europe got? Yeah, they still haven't been announced and probably never will.

As for the games that are being offered right now, they aren't bad, but I'm waiting for something better...hopefully.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That's what the site says. They claim the games will be chosen based on what people want, so...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Relax tesh, the gold nun chuck will be heren as well as the free KI.

I might get that xevious game for 100 coins.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Geez, at least put some effort into the trolling like last time...

I wouldn't get Xevious unless you're a huge fan. You're better off saving the coins for something better, especially when it's free.

For those that care, Humble Bundle #4. It's probably the best one to date. Super Meat Boy itself is worth the get-all-seven-games price.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Honestly, if you don't care about the bonus games, you can still give just one cent and get the other 5 games. Heck, you can buy it as a gift for someone that cares...assuming they don't already have it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Breakdown of MK7 during one session:

2nd: Bob-omb (worst and probably rarest possible item in this position because it offers no protection from red shells and you have to snipe first place which can be hard depending on the track)
4th: Super Leaf (a primarily defensive item that is practically useless when in the middle)
6th: Three SINGLE Mushrooms IN A ROW (I honestly didn't think this was possible and yet...)
7th: Two Golden Mushrooms IMMEDIATELY cancelled by a random Lightning Bolt IN A ROW (once I can accept, but twice....?)
8th: Spiny Shell (the worst possible item for this position)

All of this from items I both let the roulette choose for me and when I stopped it manually. Like, I literally got 1 Red Shell out of 7 matches.

Like there's bad luck....and then there's Mario Kart's "stop you from doing anything" version of bad luck.

So mad.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Houston, I can't be the only person capable of housing. Honestly you guys need to help me with this. I'm housing EVERYONE for HOBO (again) but with Gnes/PJ/Trela and others here it's getting kind of hard and some people aren't as flexible as I am.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Everyone else capable of housing is moved in with you.

I already hit my parents up about housing AR again, not gonna happen. (it's not Arkansas, it's us)

Plus, I'm over an hour away from the venue, not like I'd be any help to anyone else.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
...yes...it says "Live Sopa Coverage" right there...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This SOPA or some form of it WILL be passed at some point. The people of this country are literally HANDING their "free country" to the government.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The people of this country are literally HANDING their "free country" to the government.
The Patriot Act already did that. Sopa is just kicking people in the face while they're already in a fetal position.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
**** this ****. i honestly don't believe that we broke every metal chair they had. although like 1 or 2 i would believe. and they aren't gonna help us break bills? these guys are being poor venue hosts. i mean we are paying them to let us do this, so they should act accordingly

Tesh

Smash Hero
^ If I own 10 chairs and you break 1, why would I continue to let you use the other 9?

I'm surprised stuff got damaged tho. I honestly felt like I was destroying the shelves every time I squeezed past them, something fell off (usually knew where to put it back on tho)

Smoom77

Smash Master
buy all of their games.

move the shelves

at the end of the day, ask for a refund for all the games and they can put the games back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom