• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Resident Evil 4, Pikmin 2, Windwaker, Luigi's Mansion, and Melee were probably my favorite GCN games.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Xyro: I love traditional side-scrollers, so I liked playing the Wiimote that way. I also liked how the switching mechanic made a traditional format more dynamic without turning it into a modern 3D perspective game. It was a clever way to make the player have to look for things in first person (but this was handled poorly) and give an old school feel a little more immersion.

I agree with you on all of the game's faults.

I know this game isn't perfect but I felt like Team Ninja made a great gameplay system but simply executed it poorly. Samus should be able to move in FPS mode. Enemies should be flanking her FAR more often so that the player is forced to assess the area (and defend with that evasive move) in 3rd Person mode. A greater number of weak enemies should overwhelm her at any one time so that she has to prioritize killing them quickly in 2D perspectives. Things like that.

But because I do like the gameplay system for what it is, I do play it again occasionally.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Why do you try to always dismiss us as "new gen" or whatever?
cause you are. you were born in 1993(you missed the NES) and im gonna take a wild guess you started playing games around 96 or 97(that puts you at 3-4 years old and at the tail end of the SNES age). Thats right around the time the n64 came out(1996). i pop out in 1987 and i distinctly remember my first 2 NES games (duck hunt/mario bros) around 1990 as every SNES game ive ever played(i wrote them down when i was little). Im not saying new gen kids are trash(YOU are but THEY are not) its just a descriptive term i like to use.

We were alive at this time and had a childhood too, as well as probably having A LOT more free time compared to whatever you guys had at that specific period of your lives.
Unless you were home-schooled from 1st-8th grade i highly doubt you have played as many games as i have. Im a nerd now but dear lord back when i was little i was 10000000x the nerd i am today. Had no job, hated friends, hated girls, hated parents, hated school. Gaming literally was all i did.

Xyro77

Resident Evil 4, Pikmin 2, Windwaker, Luigi's Mansion, and Melee were probably my favorite GCN games.
Phantasy Star Online 1&2
Melee
Re4
F-Zero GX
Capcom vs SNK2 EO
Metroid Prime 1
Soul Calibur 2
Mario Sunshine

These are def my fav games for GCN.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No Symphonia = I hate all of you. It saved the Gamecube from having almost no good RPGs.

Xyro77

No Symphonia = I hate all of you.
Its a great game but once u beat it/get the best armor/weapons and do the few side quests.....ect its boring IMO. PSO pretty much was THE rpg for the GCN imo. I spent over 600 hours in it and STILL couldnt reach max level nor get anywhere close to the best armor/weapons....ect.

Xyro77

It saved the Gamecube from having almost no good RPGs.
man i remembered those days. days when RPGs made people choose what system they wanted. now days no one cares. its all FPS games.

ugh

PLEASE go back to RPG or platforming days PLEASE

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Don't forget Rogue Leader.

"ROGUE SQUADRON, WE NEED HELP!"

Bombs gotta regen tho.

z00ted

LMAO

That's the one I was talking about, Xyro!
omfg... I used to RAGE at that game sooo hard as a kid

and yeah, I forgot about SC 2 and Super Mario Sunshine as the Gamecube games.
it was a really great system

edit:

nvm i lied, that's the sequel
the one I had was the original

http://youtu.be/cxBqGTh4LQU#t=52s

Xyro77

LMAO

That's the one I was talking about, Xyro!
omfg... I used to RAGE at that game sooo hard as a kid

and yeah, I forgot about SC 2 and Super Mario Sunshine as the Gamecube games.
it was a really great system

edit:

nvm i lied, that's the sequel
the one I had was the original

http://youtu.be/cxBqGTh4LQU#t=52s
I posted the 2nd one. DO you mean just "Super Star Wars"

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Xyro didn't list lufia 2 on his SNES list, 64 was great, Symphonia is the best game on gamecube, and **** kilik for stealing my yu-gi-oh pic.

Also, add me on AIM smoom!

DIP!

Tesh

Smash Hero
[COLLAPSE="Apex Hype if anyone cares...."]Just a reminder guys, I actually am trying to make a Texas hype video for Apex (apex, texas, apexas hype?) , but I think I'm failing miserably. I need a few things here.

First off I need a really good list of people going to Apex for sure, I know one was posted before, but I just wanna be sure. I would like to know which color of your character you use and if you want to have a clip in the video please help me find good footage of you. If you aren't Razer, Gnes, Trela or Espy I'm already having a rough time finding anything really awesome.[/COLLAPSE]

Also from what I can remember from way back when, I kinda like the previously mentioned pod racing game.

Favorite Gamecube games....I never got to play as many as I would have liked but I guess Eternal Darkness and Timesplitters 2

z00ted

Tesh, if enough people are interested in doing that thing.. I'm going to send you some replays really soon.

I've been busy with finals, when is the dead-line on finding things / turning them in to you?

Xyro77

Favorite Gamecube games....I never got to play as many as I would have liked but I guess Eternal Darkness and Timesplitters 2
ETERNAL DARKNESS was the most trippy game i have EVER PLAYED. The stuff that game did to you to make u panic was AMAZING!!!! It trumped the metal gear solid game for the PS1 big time.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Tesh, if enough people are interested in doing that thing.. I'm going to send you some replays really soon.

I've been busy with finals, when is the dead-line on finding things / turning them in to you?
I guess I was kinda rushing, but I was trying to get a "rough draft" out before HOBO, but I think thats pushing it. I guess any time before 2012 will do. I had a music choice lined up, but its only about 2.5 minutes and I don't know how many people I'm putting in the video.

z00ted

I guess I was kinda rushing, but I was trying to get a "rough draft" out before HOBO, but I think thats pushing it. I guess any time before 2012 will do. I had a music choice lined up, but its only about 2.5 minutes and I don't know how many people I'm putting in the video.
okay

and i'll find some good music choices for you too when I send in the replays :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Meta Knight ONLY
This is a fair well tourney to Meta Knight, we at FGCU wanted to send him off right. Thank you MK although you did not Dominate FGCU your reign at the top is over. Hey hey hey good bye!

$1.00 Entry Fee

1: Viper :metaknight: ($15.00)
2: SSGuy :metaknight: ($5.00)
3: Kycko :metaknight:
4: Shinibu :metaknight:
5: Abscent :metaknight:
5: Veggi :metaknight:
7: Nova :metaknight:
7: Meglalodon :metaknight:
9: Snope :metaknight:
9: Dab :metaknight:
9: Juan :metaknight:
9: TRA :metaknight:
13: Dax :metaknight:

Bracket:

I wish we had an event like this once. I think it would have been pretty funny.

Xyro77

All 10 3DS Ambassador GBA Games Revealed

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4