• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
**** this ****. i honestly don't believe that we broke every metal chair they had. although like 1 or 2 i would believe. and they aren't gonna help us break bills? these guys are being poor venue hosts. i mean we are paying them to let us do this, so they should act accordingly
You have to keep in mind, they aren't going to stock up on bills like a grocery store or bank. They obviously want to keep the total amount of cash on hand to a minimum to prevent robberies amongst other reasons. We take all their small bills, then what are they supposed to give for change when a legitimate customer purchases something and they have only $20 bills?

It's silly to see smashers come into a tourney, especially a medium-sized tourney, with large bills (like $50 or $100) knowing full well the venue and entry fees are small amounts. Don't be "that guy" who inconveniences everyone else. Just go to Kroger and get some change prior to walking into the venue, simple as that.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
kilik... that post LMAO

and yeah.. no chairs is some serious BULLLLLLLLLLLL ****

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The Patriot Act already did that. Sopa is just kicking people in the face while they're already in a fetal position.
the end times. its coming

No chairs? This is some bull****.

**** this ****. i honestly don't believe that we broke every metal chair they had. although like 1 or 2 i would believe. and they aren't gonna help us break bills? these guys are being poor venue hosts. i mean we are paying them to let us do this, so they should act accordingly

This venue gets better and better doesn't it?
Ive been through much worse. Quake con.

^ If I own 10 chairs and you break 1, why would I continue to let you use the other 9?

I'm surprised stuff got damaged tho. I honestly felt like I was destroying the shelves every time I squeezed past them, something fell off (usually knew where to put it back on tho)
i saw several chairs broken as well as one of MY tables.

buy all of their games.

move the shelves

at the end of the day, ask for a refund for all the games and they can put the games back
..........................no

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Unfortunately, chairs fall under privileges with respect to the venue. Funxplex had chairs because of the nature of the venue itself (party rooms). Most video games stores don't have chairs. Most Gamestops don't have chairs for customers, so...

BioDG

Smash Ace
^ If I own 10 chairs and you break 1, why would I continue to let you use the other 9?

I'm surprised stuff got damaged tho. I honestly felt like I was destroying the shelves every time I squeezed past them, something fell off (usually knew where to put it back on tho)
I'm not. For one, it's a lot of people in a small area, and two, it's not unheard of when someone isn't being considerate or just...not aware of what might happen (some people sat two to a chair for dubs and such).

Sad to hear this, though. These guys are generous to do this for us and look how they get repaid. :[

I'll be bringing a chair tho. :D

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ambassador games status

Australia: live
Japan: live
US: ?????????

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Oh and on a high idea of mine

Everyone shuttle their Wii's and controllers in moderately sized paint buckets (without paint inside obviously), empty the contents of the bucket and turn it over, you now have yourself a portable seat. Is your tournament match and or "money match" over? Kindly unplug your controller, set controller inside bucket and move along.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
If I had a bucket I'd do that.

also, reposting this here to see if I can get an answer by tonight.

Kewl, I have no prob paying for that. I just need a ride from the tourney to your place, if someone has room in their car plz.

Also, I would need a ride to the bus station sunday, if anyone there would be able to take me. I'll pay for gas if need be.

Sorry for being so demanding T_T

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
IMPORTANT NEWS TO HOBO 34!! READ!!!

Bring exact change: The owner needs his change so when his customers come in and shop he doesnt have to go run and make change so im asking everyone please bring exact change.

Chairs/Tables: Last time a few chairs broke so this time the owner is asking everyone to bring there own chairs. We would need small tables that can hold tvs so bring whatever you have so we can make the tournament run faster and smooth.

Surge Protectors/Extension cords: I will be bringing a few but if everyone who can bring some that would be good as well. They will be needed,

Brawl Controller Bags: I am sponsoring apex this year with some apex bags so if anyone wants one you can order it at hobo. I will be selling brawl bags as well in colors of sliver and gold. The prices for the bags are 25$ so if you want one, when im taking your venue fee you can get it from me then. I have a limited amount of bags so get them now before there all gone.

Time: Please be on time because we need to be out the venue by 9:00 sharp. Last time was great because we finished on time so lets make this happen again. Any questions let me or xyro know. See you all Sat. Lets GO!

Xyro77

Sync, ok great. Please have it all ready to go. I'll try and head over there around 11pm. Is that too late?

P4, nope. I sold it.

:phone:

Xyro77

No Smoom. No one but u is that dumb, ya dumb dummy dumbo.

P4, NO!!!!!!

Sync, ok I'll head over as soon as I can.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
vVv ZeRo 11:52 pm
ahhhh
i agree
what music do you like
I love metal
in general

vVv ZeRo 11:52 pm
(not all of them tho)
I then like linkin parkkkk
and sometimes
breaking benjamin

illmatiiiccc 11:54 pm
..........DIE

vVv ZeRo 11:54 pm
o
":(

Xyro77

Omg! My absolute fav shooter from TopShot season 2 just sent me a message on twitter!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ambassador games are live in US. Don't forget that you get coins for them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom