• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'd give Illmatic a ride...

u know 15 dollars will get u all over the city on the bus dawg...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's a pre-recorded presentation, so there's really no need to stay up for it. The main things they will talk about include Mario Kart 7's wireless play support and supposed firmware updates. They might talk about some other random stuff too.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It's a pre-recorded presentation, so there's really no need to stay up for it. The main things they will talk about include Mario Kart 7's wireless play support and supposed firmware updates. They might talk about some other random stuff too.
well it wont be out untill 6am central so its the same as live.

i also heard we will see the final GBA games for the ambassador program

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, but you can watch it when you wake up...unless there's another reason why you're staying up...

Xyro77

Yeah, but you can watch it when you wake up...unless there's another reason why you're staying up...
nah nah ill go to sleep but ill wake up early to see it. i like seeing things for myself instead of reading what others want to write about it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So the only notable news coming from the press conference was that Hulu will be coming out on the 3DS later this year. And some random video game trailers.

Also

You can't buy these though, they are being given away as raffles to Japanese Nintendo Club members. What a shame...

Xyro77

actually there was A LOT of things notable from the conference.

Mario kart 7 is AMAZING.

Nintendo will send ghost data(thru spot pass) to your game based off of your "skill." Skill is based off of the data nintendo collects off of you from your stats in the game.
Nintendo can send up to 20 ghosts per day to your game
You can race up to 7 ghosts at one time.
You can trade ghosts with other players thru street pass.
Every ghost you save will be copied and set to nintendo.
You can set up "communities" in mario kart 7. They are like rooms where u can set rules/invite players....ect. Basically a tournament.
There are 32 tracks(16 old and 16 new).
8 player wifi matches run at 60fps meaning very smooth animation
3ds can record up to 10min of 3d video, make "stop motion" motion and many other video related things.
the 3ds will also be getting a "texting" type app that will allow you to text/send 3d video/send 3d pictures to other 3ds users thru street and spot pass
several games were announced though non are worth mentioning

Xyro77

I will be running bi weekly mario kart tournaments when this game comes out. i have lots of ideas for this game and how it can tie into hobo and Battle Networks(assuming sync is on board). its gonna be tasty

Tesh

Smash Hero

definitely wanna do those for Halloween...

also do i have to pre order skyward sword for that badass golden wiimote?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No, but only the initial productions will have the bonus soundtrack CD. Don't bother trying Amazon, they are sold out on pre-orders...best bet is to hope Gamestop has some or random stores on release day...

Tesh

Smash Hero
i dont care about the soundtrack, i'll download it off youtube if i ever want it...

BioDG

Smash Ace
That was a great watch, Tallman. Faved and Liked.

No obligations behind it, either. It's great to see people who I met through the smash scene pushing themselves to be beyond that box and do great things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom