• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Do 10 minute timer. I did that once and Magik didn't time anyone out. (I also did 2 stage bans with more CPs.)

Tesh

Smash Hero
How about we keep MK legal but not his specials?
Since any possible "fix" is better than...you know

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
How about we keep MK legal but not his specials?
Since any possible "fix" is better than...you know
Now that's not fair to Mk mains ( and who isn't these days? ).
Ban the sucker completely or don't.
And 8 minute timers are there for a reason. It's the perfect time limit. It's
not too long, but it still allows for time out games.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
2 stocks is a terrible idea. Not only does it not give you time to adapt/learn your opponent it also screws with your mind once you get to your last stock(we all go thru the "crap, i got one stock left mentality") and thats just after losing ONE stock. It screws with lucarios aura and screws with wario's farts too(not that it matters). IMO it may even boost ICs cause a lot of the time the first stock the ICs take is the "learning stock" for the one who just died but by then its too late cause you are on your last stock already.

Doing a 10min timer is also ********. The MAIN reason is because it is guaranteed make ANY event last longer even when no one goes to timer. People whos goal is to run the timer or time out will do it no matter what the timer says.

Less counter picks only shortens the life of this game and reduces what characters are considered "viable" or "semi viable." Japes was fine in melee(you instantly die when u hit crocs. you auto sink when u hit water. nearly every char could combo to spike you into BOTH) its fine in brawl(you can swim/survive croc/ no auto combo to spike) . Brinstar is fine in melee and its fine in brawl. Rainbow Cruise is also fine in melee and fine in brawl. PS2 is fine IMO but only cause im used to stages like PICTOCHAT and stuff.

There is a reason why the USA is better than euro/***/the world. We dont do dumb **** like those 3 ideas^

Anyways.....

The real/only problem is mk. Scrooging rule wasnt created cause of charizard gliding.....its mk(MAYBE pit). LGLs were not created to stop SAMUS....its for mk(and MAYBE pit/gw). The banning of Plainking(unstopable ledge play) can only be done by mk. People dont want RC/Brinstar to be banned when they play snake/diddy/falco......they want it banned when they fight mk. Get rid of him and you can CP the entire cast by stage AND character. No more dreading RC/Brin/japes because they can all be CPed(by character). In other words, you can play smash the way we(the players) intended it to be played.....aka a game of CPing.

This **** has been easy to see since day one. Well, assuming you came from melee. Most "BRAWL ONLY" players have a hard time seeing this cause brawl is all they know.

Suspect

Smash Hero
If you are going to do less cp's get rid of the "you cant go back to a stage you already won on" rule

Xyro77

^Obvious bias to Melee stages, PS2 is just as fine as those, if not better because it won't move around and try to kill you.
it's not bias(it's clear you don't know what bias is and u don't know how to use the word right). It's prove that if those stages were legal in melee(when u could legitly argue for them to be banned) they are most def safe for brawl. As for ps2, I don't care if it's banned or legal I would support either choice.

MK mains are players too.

Players with no emotion, but still players.
yes they are players too but its been clear this games focus is on mk. Whether it's rules/results/payout....ect. It's all about mk. This is not healthy for this game.

:phone:

Xyro77

once mk is gone the game will focus on...snake? diddy? then what?
Incorrect. They all can be CP by stage and character. Sure one character may win more than the rest(that's how fighting games work) but there won't be special rules to restrict them(unlike mk) and you will see LOTS more variety than you do now. You won't also be callin for brin/japes/cruise to be banned caUse it won't be an auto win for any character. This promotes growth.

Xyro77

Leaf, After reading what I said and u still think the way you do? There is no hope for people like you.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Anything goin on this weekend? One of the few times I'm actually available.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Ask razer, ally or any player that's beat Gnes/ADHD without going mk. They will inform you.

ok ill ask the same people who have beaten mk

and dont avoid the question, in a mk banned tourny, what stage/character can you cp diddy?

Eh I was just kind of wondering what would everyone's opinion be after experimenting with 2 stocks.

It really wouldn't hurt to host a side event with it. You could even add Low tiers only or Mid tiers only to it.

Xyro77

ok im on my comp now so maybe i can type better/faster.

Please don't take what I post seriously, lol

But you ARE avoiding the question.
its hard to tell when people who dont normally troll decide to troll.

im not avoiding the question. im simply passing it off to a person who is an expert in diddy killing. didnt ally wario beat gnes diddy on BF? Doesnt razer snake beat gnes on castle? Stages like that may or may not be bad for diddy but it may make the MU more or less in favor of snake/wario(for example)

remember, if mk is gone stages AND characters can be used to change MUs. With mk legal the WORST it gets for mk is like diddy/snake+FD and even then its 50/50. mk is NEVER at a disadvantage

Eh I was just kind of wondering what would everyone's opinion be after experimenting with 2 stocks.

It really wouldn't hurt to host a side event with it. You could even add Low tiers only or Mid tiers only to it.
if its a side event then yea thats cool

Tesh

Smash Hero
Shorter games doesn't make Brawl more interesting. If you want a faster pace, go to special Brawl and turn on lightning mode (is it still called that in brawl?). I think its laughable that people think camping your *** for for 2 stocks will be more interesting than camping your *** off for 3 stocks.

Whenever a song gets remixed, they don't just make it shorter so people like it better. If you want to "remix" the way competitive Brawl is played, you need to do alot better than making it shorter. Unless shorter is all you want.

@ Xyro, the point he was making was that if Razer can beat M2K (broken MK), then beating Gnes doesn't prove Diddy isn't broken. Maybe Diddy is broken, but Razer/Ally are so good they can beat broken stuff.

Xyro77

Which is exactly what makes it easy.
In general, A perons post history.

Look at my posting history. It's like 99% trolling so it's easy to see when I'm trolling. Yours normally isn't. That's why it's hard to tell.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Shorter games doesn't make Brawl more interesting. If you want a faster pace, go to special Brawl and turn on lightning mode (is it still called that in brawl?). I think its laughable that people think camping your *** for for 2 stocks will be more interesting than camping your *** off for 3 stocks.

Whenever a song gets remixed, they don't just make it shorter so people like it better. If you want to "remix" the way competitive Brawl is played, you need to do alot better than making it shorter. Unless shorter is all you want.

@ Xyro, the point he was making was that if Razer can beat M2K (broken MK), then beating Gnes doesn't prove Diddy isn't broken. Maybe Diddy is broken, but Razer/Ally are so good they can beat broken stuff.
m2k is **** against snake this widely known

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom