• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Got that Fliphop SD status.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ANOTHER steet fighter 4. i freaking HATE capcom

http://kotaku.com/5826480/2012-will-get-a-new-super-street-fighter-iv-version

Street Fighter IV was released in 2010. This year, in 2011, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition was released. What about next year?

2012 is getting Super Street Fighter IV. At the EVO fighting game championship, Capcom revealed that it was working on Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver. 2012.

Details about this updated version are forthcoming. Though, last December, Capcom's Seth Killian said that Arcade Edition will be the last version of Street Fighter IV. Guess it will get a 2012 version.

also, in case anybody DIDNT know, Daigo Umehara/Justin Wong did NOT win evo.

http://kotaku.com/5826429/meet-your-evo-2011-champion-in-super-street-fighter-4/gallery/1

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
It's a balance patch that's supposed to be free. Which is still dumb, but at least they're not making it a whole new game again >_>

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It's a balance patch that's supposed to be free. Which is still dumb, but at least they're not making it a whole new game again >_>
sf4
ssf4
ssf4:ae

mvc3
umvc3

And if what gea said is true, none of the DLC you bought will carry over.

I HATE THAT ****!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Capcom=Crapcom.

The whole canceling of various games...refusing to localize various games for unknown/dumb reasons...shady practices with DLC and "updated game versions....

It looks like Capcom went full ****** and has a strong desire to piss off a lot of fans.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
1.Toon Link is the most fun char

2.Flip your diddy is **** now step it up.

3. pwii but is your ***?
1.Toon link is the most ugly and free char of all time

2. u beat flip? well now i know flip is worse than the best toonlink in the moon.

3. lol u should know better all east coast carries a knife with them, we took on inui`s steps. i know they don't get knifes in the moon, but they pointy.:awesome:

:phone:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/never+go+full+******+tropic+thunder+never+go+full+retard_7f2fae_212781.jpg

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's just dumb how greedy some video game developers have become. Paying to unlock content that is already on the disc? Having to buy DLC on day one instead of including it with the game? Forcing people to buy a new version of a game instead of patching it? It's ********, and yet companies will keep trying to get away with it and push the boundaries.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Well

SF2:World Warrior
SF2: Championship
SF2: Turbo
SSF2
SSF2: Turbo

Almost at Street Fighter 2 status in terms of revisions.

EVO was way too hype for Ustream to handle.

Pwii- 5 or 10 dollar MM

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice

And how ****ing dare anyone out there ban MK, after all hes been threw. He lost his Infinite Cape Glitch, hes going threw a Ban. All you people care about are readers and making money off of him, HES A CHARACTER!!! What you don't realize is that MK is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him. He hasn't won a tourney in years!!! His play style is gay for a reason cuz all you people want is gay gay gay gay!!!! LEAVE HIM ALONE. Your lucky he is even in this game you BAST*RDS!!! LEAVE MK ALONE!!! Pleeeease....... IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH HIM YOU DEAL WITH ME!!! *crying* Please leave him alone...

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
1.Toon link is the most ugly and free char of all time

2. u beat flip? well now i know flip is worse than the best toonlink in the moon.

3. lol u should know better all east coast carries a knife with them, we took on inui`s steps. i know they don't get knifes in the moon, but they pointy.:awesome:

1. Ok y u lose to jash so many times tho

2. ok

3. Ok i carry a gun

10moonrakers

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
1. Ok y u lose to jash so many times tho

2. ok

3. Ok i carry a gun

10moonrakers
Well, I wasn't ranked or good back then but it didn't rlly matter much since jash is the best toonlink, well I did beat zac then tho lol?

2nd. K

3. I carry a bazOoka, I'll shot it at close combat too.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Capcom=Crapcom.

The whole canceling of various games...refusing to localize various games for unknown/dumb reasons...shady practices with DLC and "updated game versions....

It looks like Capcom went full ****** and has a strong desire to piss off a lot of fans.
Yeah, I guess Capcom was only half-****** before this gen since they always pulled that "updated game versions" crap for nearly 20 years now.

I swear, SF fans have to hate themselves just a little bit every time they have to get the new super street fighter arcade edition hd remix just to keep up with the latest version.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I mean, it's fine they wait like a year or two to release an "updated" version...but to release MvC3 and then release UMvC3 about half a year later? And they know the community will adopt the new version and be forced to buy the new one, because there's no update option for previous owners? Come on, at least try to be subtle about your greed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
http://www.modojo.com/features/20110803/590/star_fox_64_3d_more_than_just_a_remake/

Thing is, it's a bit more important. How audiences react to Star Fox 64 3D will have a huge impact on the franchise moving forward. If it flies off shelves, expect good old Fox McCloud to fly again, presumably in a sequel. If it tanks, he will have flown his final mission.

How serious is Nintendo about this? In a recent interview with legendary game designer Shigeru Miyamoto, he remarked, "If first-time players like this game, Star Fox will be reborn!"

Miyamoto elaborated, saying, "So if there's anyone out there who wants to look at the future, please play this!"
Also, two stocks is dumb If you SD even once, then you're massively screwed. And everyone has SD'd at least once during a tourney game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, you say that now, and then stage shenanigans happens, such as falling through Castle Siege or Delfino or you get carried into a star KO by Frigate or something else really dumb happens, and then it's like, "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE FALLEN THROUGH THE STAGE/GOT CARRIED OFF, YOU SUCK" or "YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN YOU WERE GOING TO TRIP INTO THAT FSMASH, YOU SUCK."

It would also slightly nerf Lucario's aura and his ability for comebacks, which is a handicap. /inb4Lucarioisalreadybroken

And it would only encourage Warios to run/camp even harder because now they only need to get two wafts to win.

But whatevers, nothing will change.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
i know lol, shinanigans like that happen, but not commonly, but ill tell u about something that happens commonly Time outs, and that is really a problem because it makes this game boring as ****, either make the timer 10 minutes or do 2 stock matches, timeouts are gay imo. lol lucario would some nerf with 2 stocks, that`s only a bit of a downside.

Wario already does that all the time lol, now at least we don't gotta watch 8 minutes of running away, it doesn't rlly change much anyway...

i rlly don't c a huge change or downside to the metagame, at least try it, nevah be afraid of change!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Those reverse three-stock comebacks tho. :p

Ah well, the higher ups need to more concerned about the MK ban issue before they tackle anything else...

Tesh

Smash Hero
I've never seen a Wario land 2 waft kills in a 3 stock match and then lose.
At mid levels of play, I could see people missing out on chances for large comebacks, but at high levels, a 3 stock comeback is rare, especially if you SDed or something.
Seems like it wouldn't really fix any hot button issues though. @ 2 stocks its the same game, just shorter. There is no reason that would change simply because of lower stocks.

Reizilla

No the only acceptable change ever is banning MK go away your dum.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Those reverse three-stock comebacks tho. :p

Ah well, the higher ups need to more concerned about the MK ban issue before they tackle anything else...
lol lucario, going get nerfed

Mk is not getting banned, i am 80% sure, 20 % percent being the winny top players that loose to m2k, make me a bit unsure lol, banning a character in the game is not something to be taken lightly, it will probably be used as a last resort but i assure u such rules as the once mentioned will be tried first before complete banning a character.

Reizilla

Lucario is artificially buffed and we should bring him down 1 stock games plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom