• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This has already been settled the correct way(my way) then redone and got ******** results(pj as HM) and nikes way aint changing much.

royr is 3rd. period.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I love to have a tourney like what Nike mentioned. It'd be nice to have a tourney where we don't know where our money is going :p
Do it, P4.
I missed Nikefest 1.5 because I went out of town that day, but I was hyped because I was getting results via text. It sounded crazy.

I'm definitely going to the next one too. If the redemption tournaments SA used to run are anything similar, it should be very, very entertaining.

So yeah, do it. It makes for one hell of a spectator sport.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sweet, do it Sync. Assuming enough people show up and qualify...use Nike's list.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro77 4,670
Rockettrainer 3,086
Player-4 2,431
Smoooooooooooom 2,026
Ozz. 1,877
pPp Suspect 1,786
greatness_007 1,673
KRDsonic 1,488
Popertop 1,480
heytallman 1,479

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Rockettrainer did my MM vs Xyro where the third or second match was on Rainbow Cruise get recorded?

:awesome:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Smoom has more posts in here than he does in the entirety of the SWF website.
Hilarious. Good stuff, Smoom. :>

Smoom77

Smash Master
I've asked on ICs board. No reply in an hour.

You could make a thread in blogs, maybe you could get some help.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Rockettrainer did my MM vs Xyro where the third or second match was on Rainbow Cruise get recorded?

:awesome:
I haven't got to it yet. I do the vids in order they are recorded.

Suspect

Smash Hero
he's only so low cause he can never play to his full potential

ya know, with a broken controller and all :troll:

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
I know I'm late, but I had to find a way to kill 3 hours before my next class x)

Houston PR Stuff

Okay. I'm assuming:
1. Gnes
2. UltimateRazer
3. Trela

After that, it obviously gets hectic. For starters, I decided to look at the current Texas PR for everyone else before those 3 (at least the ones that deserved to be considered):

Players such as RT, Jon, and Leaf have beaten some of these players, but they were rather minor and more or less just an upset.

So, ignoring any major wins/losses from anybody else (such as Jerm beating Dallas, Zori beating Espy, etc.) I made a graph that shows how all of these players matched against each other. This includes every tourney from July-Now. That includes HOBO's, Sexy Saloon's, Pee Holes, Batman Bash's, everything. (This is the part where you say "I didn't try that tourney because it was more like a smashfest!111"):

Well, crap, most of the players are just too inconsistent to make this easy lol. So now we have to look at every player's performance against players outside of each other. (This won't include anything from Hylian's ALS because there was no bracket uploaded)

Jerm
[collapse=]
Major Victories
Light
Bwett
Infinity x 2
FK
Poltergust x 2
Denti x 3
D4ba
Dphat
UTDZac

Major upsets (losses)
Jon

[/collapse]

Illmatic
[collapse=]
Major Victories
Trela
Bored

Major upsets (losses)
Rockettrainer

[/collapse]

Ozz
[collapse=]
Major Victories
K Prime
Espy
Magik

Major upsets (losses)
Jon
SkyPirate

[/collapse]

Fliphop
[collapse=]
Major Victories
lol

Major upsets (losses)
go to more tournies :/

[/collapse]

Zori
[collapse=]
Major Victories
K Prime
Espy
Sethlon

Major upsets (losses)
Ice

[/collapse]

Xyro "I forfeited those matches to run the tourney, your poop!"
[collapse=]
Major Victories
Broly

Major upsets (losses)
Gunman
Bigfoot
Esca
Tree
Jon

[/collapse]

Smoom
[collapse=]
Major Victories

Major upsets (losses)
PantyRaider

[/collapse]

Based off of everything I've seen so far, I now make decisions based purely from opinion.

-I am a fanboy of Roy_R, probably as much as Xyro lol. Like him and Ozz think, I still believe he's #3 in the city. I've watched every vid he has online religiously, I know exactly how he plays. True, he's only been to one tourney. At that tourney, I watched him beat Gnes' falco (when Trela couldn't). He was winning friendlies against Ozz and Trela (I know, there just friendlies). I'm not convinced that Trela, Jerm, Ozz, Illmatic, or Fliphop can beat him, and until I see it I'd put Roy_R as #3.

-Jerm has been taking out ALOT of big names lately. His major win list dwarfs everyone else by a mile. Ozz, Illmatic, and Fliphop are the ones to threaten his spot. Fliphop he hasn't played him. Jerm is 4-0 against Illmatic and Ill hasn't made enough big wins. Then, there's Ozz. He beat Espy in a tourney set recently, a feat that only Zori has accomplished. Ozz is also 3-0 against Jerm, which is the ONLY reason why I can't choose between the 2. That's a pretty solid edge. Jerm/Ozz both at a tie for #5. You choose your order because I can't lol.

-Illmatic. His first HOBO (where he beat Fliphop) didn't count on this so it was excluded. He hasn't beat Jerm in 4 attempts (although I've heard that they are really even). However, he's beaten Trela and won his only encounter with Ozz. #7 seems like an easy choice for me, simply because i can't ignore him beating Fliphop while Flip hardly attends anything.

-Fliphop is next in line for me. He's barely attended anything. in fact, he's only played Illmatic and Zori (he has victories against both of them). I know that Fliphop is good enough to beat ANYBODY below UltimateRazer. However, he needs to do it (slighty different situation from Roy_R because im biased for Roy and he actually proved himself worthy at the one event he attended). Fliphop is a limbo player. He could be anywhere on the list, but I'll leave him at #8 until he starts actually going to tournies and proving he's still top5 in the city.

-Now there's Zori, Xyro, and Smoom left for 2 spots. Zori beat K Prime and Espy, 2 big wins. The other 2 haven't made such upsets yet. I think he's a solid #9.

-Xyro vs Smoom for the last spot. This is a toughie for me. They went 2-2 against each other. Xyro's beaten Broly once (thrashed him from what I heard). Smoom's been a thorn on Ozz, though, stealing win's from him twice. Xyro's been beaten by alot of randoms, however I'm unaware of which ones were forfeits to run the tourney. If I REALLY wanna be biased, both have beaten me in tourney/mm's. I honestly can't choose between the 2. Tie for #10.

1. Gnes
2. UltimateRazer
3. Roy_R
4. Trela
5. Ozz
5. Jerm
7. Illmatic
8. Fliphop
9. Zori
10. Xyro
10. Smoom

"But wait, Nike. Zori requested that he be left out of the Power Rankings!"

Okay, one problem solved. However, the ties for 5th and 10th need to be chosen still. With this, I'm actually going use the submitted PR's from everybody else for the one that's already on the OP.

[collapse=Everyone else's opinion]
Illmatic
4. Jerm
5. Ozz
7. Xyro
8. SMOOM

Sync
4. Jerm
7. Ozz
9. Smoom
10. Xyro

Player4
4. Jerm
5. Ozz
9. Xyro
10. Smoom

PJ
4. Jerm
6. Ozz
9. Smoom
10. Xyro

Ozz
5. Ozz
6. Jerm
9. Xyro
HM: Smoom

Tallman
4. Jerm
5. Ozz
8. Smoom
HM: Xyro

Fliphop
6. Jerm

Leaf
4. Ozz
6. Jerm
10. Xyro
HM: Smoom

Xyro
5. Jerm
6. Ozz
9. Xyro
10. Smoom
[/collapse]

While the majority believe that Jerm is better (which is enough to sway my vote), everybody flip flopped on Xyro/Smoom like me. So in the end my version of the Houston Power Rankings:

1. Gnes
2. UltimateRazer
3. Roy_R
4. Trela
5. Jerm
6. Ozz
7. Illmatic
8. Fliphop
9. Xyro
9. Smoom

I do have one more thing to add. I think somebody (Xyro,Illmatic,P4,Sync) should host a $5 Tourney. However, you are only allowed to enter if your not on that list (or Zori).

In SA, I did this for Nikefest 2.1. None of our top5 entered. We had no idea who was going to win. Our 6-everybody was out for blood that tourney and I had never seen that kind competitiveness from half of them. It was extremely fun to host/watch, and I really wanna do it again sometime.

I think it'd be great for Houston. PJ, Leaf, Sync, Jon, RT, P4, and the other 15-30 players in your city. They get a chance to realistically compete for money. They'll be in WF, LS, and GF. They get to experience that kind of pressure for once and it builds hype for everybody. Trust me, try this out once.

And that was the best 4 hours I've ever killed x)

i would win though.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
My God, Smoom and P4 are catching up with RT in post count. I used to always view Xyro's and RT's post counts as being unreachable even though I post so many useless comments on this thread that either have nothing to do with the topic or are pages after the topic has died down like now.

Edit: inb4espycommentingaboutpostsperpage

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom