• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Yeah, I kind of live near Pearland. I live next to I-45 close to the San Jacinto South campus, if you know where that is.

So, no good Pikas? Figures. I think I'm the only Pika player around here. Oh well.
I would like to face your Chu... I sorta use him for counterpicking ^_^

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody, it's fest time. This tuesday and wednesday, anytime in the day, just let me know 12 hours ahead of time if you're gonna be arriving at an odd hour(11pm-12pm). Set ups are always HIGHLY welcomed.

Address: 5600 Chimney Rock Rd. Houston, Texas. Apt # F 50. If the security guard asks who you are visiting say David Deleon, AKA Stiltz's friend.

My digits: 832 262 0373

KRDsonic

Smash Master
lol i am not gonna battle on wifi...we can do it wireless with ds and if there is a wii open and someone brings the pokemon wii game i forgot the name...:( we can have all the battles we want on tv...trust me my pokemon battles usually end in about 9 to 15 mins...and they usually come down to the last pokemon
You haven't played against the pros though :p Those battles take a while. And if you battle me, I make sure they do, I plan out the whole battle as soon as I can, and do whatever it takes to win, even if it ends up in stall wars.

Also, I didn't think about Pokemon Battle Revolution lol.

Zanmato145

Smash Rookie
Hello there, I am from Los angeles, but I am moving to texas and pretty much plan on going to the next tournament Hobo on the 26th. I have a few questions about the rules...

I see that ness/lucas Lock / Chaingrab isn't banned. Why? "because not many people use them" is not a real answer, it's just avoiding it. This actually DISCOURAGES players from using them.

How come DDD and Ice climber chain grabs are limited, but Falco's chain grab isn't? Falco's chain grab is deadlier then DDD's since DDD's chaingrab is only garunteed fatal against a wall. (Or against a select few characters) But falco's can be deadly even without walls. AKA Dash Usmash and A spike at the edge. I am just curious to why this isn't taken into account when you decided the grab rules.

I will be checking back, I hope to know more info about these rules later before I get myself in head over heels by going and not knowing the full ruleset :p

heytallman

CTALL
Hello there, I am from Los angeles, but I am moving to texas and pretty much plan on going to the next tournament Hobo on the 26th. I have a few questions about the rules...

I see that ness/lucas Lock / Chaingrab isn't banned. Why? "because not many people use them" is not a real answer, it's just avoiding it. This actually DISCOURAGES players from using them.

How come DDD and Ice climber chain grabs are limited, but Falco's chain grab isn't? Falco's chain grab is deadlier then DDD's since DDD's chaingrab is only garunteed fatal against a wall. (Or against a select few characters) But falco's can be deadly even without walls. AKA Dash Usmash and A spike at the edge. I am just curious to why this isn't taken into account when you decided the grab rules.

I will be checking back, I hope to know more info about these rules later before I get myself in head over heels by going and not knowing the full ruleset :p
Hey, nice to meet you, I'm Tallman. I use Lucas. I'm pretty sure the infinite againse Ness/Lucas IS banned, but I don't see why it's not on the front page. Plus, you can get out of it. I have before.

As for Falco's CG, its not limited becuase eventually the Falco will run out of room to chaingrab. D3's infinite on characters like Samus or DK do not require D3 to move. This is Xyro77's way of looking at this, and, hey, he runs the tournaments. The tournaments are awesome here, and you most likely won't run into anyone who will do lame exploits to you in the game. Except for Falco's chaingrab. You'll get a lot of that.

Also, YESSSSSS for Stiltz' smashfests, even though I probably won't be able to make either day :(

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Honestly take the pokemon talk elsewhere. The game doesn't even take skill when you've learned the meta game. It's just educated predictions and the game deciding whether or not to give misses or crits.

Zanmato145

Smash Rookie
Hey, nice to meet you, I'm Tallman. I use Lucas. I'm pretty sure the infinite againse Ness/Lucas IS banned, but I don't see why it's not on the front page. Plus, you can get out of it. I have before.

As for Falco's CG, its not limited becuase eventually the Falco will run out of room to chaingrab. D3's infinite on characters like Samus or DK do not require D3 to move. This is Xyro77's way of looking at this, and, hey, he runs the tournaments. The tournaments are awesome here, and you most likely won't run into anyone who will do lame exploits to you in the game. Except for Falco's chaingrab. You'll get a lot of that.

Also, YESSSSSS for Stiltz' smashfests, even though I probably won't be able to make either day :(

Meh, I'm just not gonna worry about it. Still seems kinda wierd to ban some but not all forms of chaingrab. But hell, that gives me the que to abuse a few things as well. And nice to meet you Tallman. I look forward to playing you in the near future.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
You haven't played against the pros though :p Those battles take a while. And if you battle me, I make sure they do, I plan out the whole battle as soon as I can, and do whatever it takes to win, even if it ends up in stall wars.

Also, I didn't think about Pokemon Battle Revolution lol.
i never played a "pro" pokemon player or even heard of there being "pros" in pokemon

lol i don't use ghey tactics like attract and confuse ray...i go for the power and speed...thats how i win...ill give you a run down of one of my teams...(i have a couple of them for different reasons)

Gardevoir:Sp. Atk and Speed
Sceptile:Sp. Atk,Atk, and Speed
Gengar:Sp. Atk and Speed
Infernape:Atk,Speed, and decent Sp. Atk
Salamance:Atk,Speed, and decent Sp. Atk
Sharpedo:Atk and decent

lol that pretty much a power house team...and its well rounded for every problem

battle revolution...yup i play pimpslap alot in that.

back onto the subject of smash...(so some random person won't say i am spamming...
thespies
)

this PZ tourney on the 26th seems like it will have a high turn out...can't wait to see you people there

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Lucas/Ness infinite grab release is implied to be banned. There aren't too many Marth players around here, so you shouldn't worry about it too much.

Falco's chaingrab can't be banned, because it isn't an infinite. Dedede can only infinite grab certain characters, otherwise it's a normal chaingrab.

Ooh, smashfest. I'll try to go to the Tuesday one, if it happens. I have two tests and work this week, and this would be my only free time...wait, we have to let you know 12 hours ahead of time? That's...really random.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
what part of houston are you moving to

If the security guard asks who you are visiting say David Deleon, AKA Stiltz's friend.
wow, you have a security guard at your place. and he knows you by stiltz. **** that is pimp

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants to give me a ride to any upcoming Melee/Brawl events/get togethers that would be wonderful ; )

EDIT: this is SideEffect lol

Gnes

Smash Master
gamestop at 2:30, ill be there! Too bad roys not coming i really wanted to get some more friendlies with his marth...oh well...Gea are u goin to stiltz smashfest?

T

TeRRoR.KhAoZ

Hey guys, although I have been chatting with many of you on AIM, I have not really posted on the forums. But starting now, I would like that to change and to begin, I will introduce myself. I am Kaamil, my tag is Khaoz, I live in Memorial City/Spring Branch (right next to the mall), and I've been playing Falco since Melee came out in 2001. Edit: Too many Falco players, so I'm going to try and make Captain Falcon a decent character :)

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
The Lucas/Ness infinite grab release is implied to be banned. There aren't too many Marth players around here, so you shouldn't worry about it too much.

Falco's chaingrab can't be banned, because it isn't an infinite. Dedede can only infinite grab certain characters, otherwise it's a normal chaingrab.

Ooh, smashfest. I'll try to go to the Tuesday one, if it happens. I have two tests and work this week, and this would be my only free time...wait, we have to let you know 12 hours ahead of time? That's...really random.
I think the 12 hours was regarding arriving at 11pm or so..

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You two are the only notable ones. I don't practice enough with Marth to consider him a main for myself...I'll probably play more Marth once Roy travels to Colombia. It's a little known fact he took one of controllers there and will never return it to me. ;_;

Doxa

Smash Rookie
awesome, i may end up going to stiltz's fest Tues/Wednesday with a full setup. Anyone between there and League City I would be glad to pickup (some restrictions) but I would be going home early (like 9 or 10).

Popertop

Smash Champion
Hey guys, although I have been chatting with many of you on AIM, I have not really posted on the forums. But starting now, I would like that to change and to begin, I will introduce myself. I am Kaamil, my tag is Khaoz, I live in Memorial City/Spring Branch (right next to the mall), and I've been playing Falco since Melee came out in 2001. Edit: Too many Falco players, so I'm going to try and make Captain Falcon a decent character :)
:|

Lol, Roy is going to have those Columbian DK's teach him some more smash secrets.

DOXAAA!!! :)

Gea

Smash Master
gamestop at 2:30, ill be there! Too bad roys not coming i really wanted to get some more friendlies with his marth...oh well...Gea are u goin to stiltz smashfest?
I guess I'll go tomorrow after work if Dave goes. I get home by 6:15 or so... which means getting there at what, around 7ish?

That's pretty much the only time I'm available until Friday.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
i mainly made it so our tourneys can get some airtime in the big ole southwest section, no one was looking at the tourney listings =p

and i will breed an army of beastly smash players from beaumont... then they can spam up my thread and make me proud...

kown

Smash Lord
Can I get a head count for my smashfest tomorrow? Possible time you're coming would be nice too.
im going and ill be there around 1ish. aim me if thatll be a problem.

popertops i can bring u but i cant stay too late thats y were gunna get there kinda soon.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
So... how about them brawl glitches?

i've been reading about some of the glitches in brawl, apparently Sheik has a chain jacket glitch that gives it the knockback of the last move she used, and meta knight can teleport extremely long distances (he can teleport from one side of bridge of eldwin to the other).

onii-chan

Smash Ace
So... how about them brawl glitches?

i've been reading about some of the glitches in brawl, apparently Sheik has a chain jacket glitch that gives it the knockback of the last move she used, and meta knight can teleport extremely long distances (he can teleport from one side of bridge of eldwin to the other).
the "chain jacket" thing is new to me but the MK teleport isn't you can do it on FD easily...

kown

Smash Lord
is that what ppl wanted tho for brawl? a bunch of glitches to make the game faster? im not a hater of glitches i actually like them. too bad my char didn't get any broken glitches.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
is that what ppl wanted tho for brawl? a bunch of glitches to make the game faster? im not a hater of glitches i actually like them. too bad my char didn't get any broken glitches.
He has the useless wingdashing though :p, well, it's just an exploit and not a glitch, but still.

None of the characters I use have any glitches that I can/do use. And most of these glitches will end up banned anyways, especially since the sheik one has a chance of freezing the game if you do it at the beggining of the match.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
im sure they will find something to make marth better.
Eh, if they make marth any better then he may finally be a challenge to me. I only know a couple good marth users out of all the ones I've foughten.

Edit: Yeah, I saw a pit ditto you had in a friendlies match at the last PZ tourny. Wingdashing doesn't help that much though, I can do it easily, but I don't see much use, except mindgames.

kown

Smash Lord
here goes another noob question by Kown but id rather know the not kown.

what does PZ stand for and i plan on practicing at stiltz house tomarrow. Are you going to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom