• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The big Dallas event wont happen.......the venue wont allow us to give cash prizes out. They also raised the venue fee.

So who were the top 3 at MGC? and thier mains plz.

Popertop

Smash Champion
1. Roy (Marth)
2. Gnes (Meta)

3rd and 4th don't matter.
It was single elim.
4 stock 6 mins, but they didn't even have all the chars unlocked.
all stages legal, no stage bans.
they wouldn't even let us use our wii's.
plus HDtv lag is no fun.
garbage...

Me or Rockettrainer would've gotten 3rd and 4th if he could've used his main and if it wasn't laggy.
Kown and Ozz prob would've placed better too.
Poor Kown. He had to play RoyR for his second match. :(
Gea and Roy were seeded together too. :(

Shök

Smash Champion
Popertop said they didnt have ALL the characters unlocked, takeurlife.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's because Marth only takes 20 or so matches to unlock versus other characters hundreds to unlock.

I brought my Wii and offered to let them use it so we could use secret characters and stages, but they said it wouldn't be fair to the other people playing games on the XBox360 or PS3...which is a ******** reason because they weren't playing a fighting game nor can you really mod a Wii game. They will supposedly have a better ruleset in palce next time, but I doubt it. I probably won't even go to the next one unless there's nothing else to do...

Popertop

Smash Champion
It's because Marth only takes 20 or so matches to unlock versus other characters hundreds to unlock.

I brought my Wii and offered to let them use it so we could use secret characters and stages, but they said it wouldn't be fair to the other people playing games on the XBox360 or PS3...which is a ******** reason because they weren't playing a fighting game nor can you really mod a Wii game. They will supposedly have a better ruleset in palce next time, but I doubt it. I probably won't even go to the next one unless there's nothing else to do...
this.
10retardedrulesets

Gnes

Smash Master
before i begin, im gnes by the way...yeah those tvs sucked...i played RT first round the match was horrible with the 1 sec lag...me and roys match went alot better though...also...brawlin at roys house, super fun...

Gea

Smash Master
You should. This upcoming Saturday. :D We're doing it Brawl style this time hopefully. You should jump in.

Esca

Smash Champion
KRD, lets do this. your pit vs. my ic's 5 dollars, and my ic's vs. your pit 5 dollars, and do you wanna do the 3 grab rule? =]

Popertop

Smash Champion
ABOUT THE SMASHFEST BEFORE FAST:
What day do you guys plan to leave?
does the tournament start on thursday, or were y'all going to leave thurs?

3 grab rule is garbage.

Gea

Smash Master
If you're going to use the 3 grab rule, then you may as well unban the stages like Corneria that got banned because of the grabs in the first place.

Esca

Smash Champion
i can get 67 damage out of the 3 grab rule, i have no problem with it.

edit: corneria is banned because of how easy it is to k0 upwards.

kown

Smash Lord
how long did everyone stay at roys house? too bad im not in college i gotta go home when my parents say so.

also what smash events are going down this week?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
okay, who here actually plays Melee more than Brawl at these tourneys most of the time?, I know you do Jeremy ^_^

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
how long did everyone stay at roys house? too bad im not in college i gotta go home when my parents say so.

also what smash events are going down this week?
come to town center gamestop this saturday at 2:30. there will be a good turnout for brawl and we might have a crew battle.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Anybody wanna come over to get owned hit me up....832-659-9561 LOOK UP FOR Address ^^^^^^^^^^^
ill be happy to play you axxo i haven't gotten any matches with you in months...sometime this week i suppose i will come to your house...

also jermey i will play some melee haven't played it in some months though...skillz are gonna be rusty

also at PZ tourney i will be happy to play anyone...also i will bring my pokemanz for any battles...

my sceptile is beastly...if it were in brawl it would own...

heytallman

CTALL
im there but do i have to bring a crew?
No, just show up at about 2:30, maybe a tad bit earlier, and I'm guessing we'll do like we've always done, get Roy and someone else (Keith or Gea) to be team captains, then they'll just pick teams from there. Should be awesome.

kown

Smash Lord
No, just show up at about 2:30, maybe a tad bit earlier, and I'm guessing we'll do like we've always done, get Roy and someone else (Keith or Gea) to be team captains, then they'll just pick teams from there. Should be awesome.
alrite so roy, gea, and keith are going for sure.

heh popertops i should be able to take you but im not committing to anything yet. also r u having a fest this week?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
alrite so roy, gea, and keith are going for sure.

heh popertops i should be able to take you but im not committing to anything yet. also r u having a fest this week?

I'm going. there are always people at gamestop, who are there every week no matter what. but they aren't registered here at smashboards. i think 8-10 people right now are confirmed to be there, so that's good.

kown

Smash Lord
crap popertops i wont be able to take you. I have some training to be a leader at a camp for service hours for skool. it goes from 2-5ish but its in the sugarland area so i wouldnt be able to come back home and back to the gamestop. sorry bro.

Is it even worth going to gamestop at about 6ish? will there still be a big crowd?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
also at PZ tourney i will be happy to play anyone...also i will bring my pokemanz for any battles...
you do realize that an average pokemon battle takes at least 30 minutes right? o.o not to mention that they could take longer. I've had a battle last an hour and 30 minutes before that was in a tournament. If you realize this, then I could battle you :p Only problem with non-wifi is that it doesn't pre-set your pokemon to level 100, so in other words, I would be limited in my choices, I have a killer team on wifi that no one has beaten in over half a year though.

kown

Smash Lord
yea thers no way i could go to stiltz's house. alrdy know what my parents are gunna say. y do i have to be an only child?!?

LOL if u get ur license b4 the weekend than u could drive me everywhere.

GEA: well if your there afterwards than i can expect some good ppl to stay around to play friendlies against you.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Hellz yeah onii-chan leaf blade ftw.
And Jeremy feifer doesn't show up to anything.
yes...and seeing as how i got him on my pearl...leaf blade and leaf storm for the win...attack and speed is everything for him...nothing else matters...
you do realize that an average pokemon battle takes at least 30 minutes right? o.o not to mention that they could take longer. I've had a battle last an hour and 30 minutes before that was in a tournament. If you realize this, then I could battle you :p Only problem with non-wifi is that it doesn't pre-set your pokemon to level 100, so in other words, I would be limited in my choices, I have a killer team on wifi that no one has beaten in over half a year though.
lol i am not gonna battle on wifi...we can do it wireless with ds and if there is a wii open and someone brings the pokemon wii game i forgot the name...:( we can have all the battles we want on tv...trust me my pokemon battles usually end in about 9 to 15 mins...and they usually come down to the last pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom