• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

VVB

SD Champ
Hey All - I'll be in downtown Houston the next two days for work. Is anyone interested in getting together for some Melee/P:M after 5 tonight or tomorrow night?

I have a full setup with me, so I might see if the hotel I'm staying at will mind if I set up something in lobby or whatever...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I told all of you about Apex/Alex long ago (It's been 4-5 years now). Now it's finally coming to the light.

When will you learn that I am a GOD?!?! I know everything,

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tallman's bet with you about Aerodactyl says otherwise.

Also, Flip won Hobo 12. I know you didn't know that. Very few people do.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Alex Strife just stepped down. I hope Apex doesnt exist by this time next year. It needs a re-branding.

Xyro77

Xyro for new Apex level TO plz
no no i NEVER want to reach that level.

In order to be the next "apex" you must sacrifice your beliefs about the game/competition and bend to the will of MONEY. I will NEVER do that. Ive always been a fan of keeping smash the way it should be......grass-roots.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Agreed. Business and fun/enjoyment
never mix well.

I wish this community was better about handling such issues. I can understand loyalty to friends, but not when it involves a high degree of bad behavior...

Last edited:

Xyro77

Also, Diddy won 5 separate events this past weekend

Zero=cali (after being DQed to losers in round 1)
M2k=florida
Ally=mid west
Fliphop=tx
ALSM or denti=louisiana

B.E.A.S.T 5 the week before had 3 diddys in top 4.

I feel that i am seeing another Brawl MK situation..............

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
We're past the seeing part and well into the territory of despair and lost hope.

But the question is, will the outcome be the same?

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Aside from ALSM hilariously picking up Diddy in 2 weeks and suddenly being the goat, All of those players were already EXTREMELY notable.

Diddy is dumb, but you were presenting the wrong evidence.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Also, Diddy won 5 separate events this past weekend

Zero=cali (after being DQed to losers in round 1)
M2k=florida
Ally=mid west
Fliphop=tx
ALSM or denti=louisiana

B.E.A.S.T 5 the week before had 3 diddys in top 4.

I feel that i am seeing another Brawl MK situation..............
I'm not calling for a ban just yet, but I don't want it off the table for the future. Diddy is ridiculous in the game rn.

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
I told all of you about Apex/Alex long ago (It's been 4-5 years now). Now it's finally coming to the light.

When will you learn that I am a GOD?!?! I know everything,
So if I beat you, would that make me a God too?

Xyro77

Aside from ALSM hilariously picking up Diddy in 2 weeks and suddenly being the goat, All of those players were already EXTREMELY notable.

All of whom dropped their previous mains to go diddy.

The same thing that happened in brawl but with MK

So if I beat you, would that make me a God too?
no. you lack the ability to accurately predict future events

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Onion will get wrecked at TGC by Xyro and will call his mom to tell her a grown man stole his money

Trela

Smash Lord
If Diddy ends up being another Brawl-MK epidemic and nothing is done about it again (by patches or the community), I can assure you that you will only see my face at tournaments where he is banned.

I will not give up on fighting him just yet, but it's clear there's something not right here. Too many things are starting to add up.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
As an outsider looking in from the perspective of Brawl Meta Knight
It looks awfully dreadful in regards to Diddy

Xyro77

If Diddy ends up being another Brawl-MK epidemic and nothing is done about it again (by patches or the community), I can assure you that you will only see my face at tournaments where he is banned.

I will not give up on fighting him just yet, but it's clear there's something not right here. Too many things are starting to add up.
Welcome to the age of "Wow allan was fukcing right for over 6 years and now im starting to see it in smash 4."

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Pretty much what Xyro said is true. Look at the list, Flip is the only person who mained Diddy from the start (and even he admits Diddy is dumb). The other people only started picking up Diddy recently and are already winning. It's clear that there is a trend very similar to what happened in Brawl. The amount of effort to win with Diddy is far less than other characters. It will eventually become Diddy vs Diddy in GFs, just like what happened in MK in Brawl.

I hope this time people will be smarter when the discussion starts. But I fear this community will fall victim to itself again...

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I mean
I feel like Diddy is beatable and counterable
But maybe that's just me and my hopes for grandeur

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I really hope there's a nerf-hammer on Up Air and Down Throw. Diddy IS cancerous if you just rinse and repeat down throw to up air tatics. Can't stand matches just watching a Diddy continually use only 2 movies.

If that nerf ever happens, you'll see who the legit players at lol.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I really hope there's a nerf-hammer on Up Air and Down Throw. Diddy IS cancerous if you just rinse and repeat down throw to up air tatics. Can't stand matches just watching a Diddy continually use only 2 movies.

If that nerf ever happens, you'll see who the legit players at lol.
From the mouth of a REAL Diddy main from the beginning. Not the people who claim to have "always liked Diddy" but only started using him recently. Funny how that works...even funnier when they deny the truth.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
From the mouth of a REAL Diddy main from the beginning. Not the people who claim to have "always liked Diddy" but only started using him recently. Funny how that works...even funnier when they deny the truth.
I'm pretty sure at APEX many of the newcomer Diddy mains will get wrecked. People store alot of tactics for these events and I won't be surprised if some upsets happen because of the 2stock rule too.

Characters Winning APEX

Apex 2009 - Snake
Apex 2010 - Falco
Apex 2012 - Metaknight
Apex 2013 - ZSS
Apex 2014 - Metaknight

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Diddy is the best, but for the most part, you are all coming from experience from playing the matchup with bad characters.

The other top tiers ARE beating Diddy Kong. Sonic, Ness and Sheik are all still having their day.

Its not all about how catastrophic the matchups is for bad characters.

Most of the very skilled players have jumped ship to Diddy Kong, leaving most of the other top tiers repped by less skilled players and its still a struggle in some of those matchups.

We don't really know yet. If we actually need to ban him, this game is probably going to be hopeless anyway. I'd say wait for the rebalance that comes with Mewtwo.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would think the Mewtwo release would hopefully tweak a few things. If the dev team is paying attention to the US, they should know people are complaining. I just hope Japan is being just as vocal, since chances are the dev team only cares about them.

But if a lot of top players are already giving up on their mains and switching to Diddy or already hating the meta this early on, there is a clear problem that needs to be addressed. Having the meta stagnate this quickly and follow Brawl's footsteps is not a good sign for the game.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Just to add on to stuff from last page (though had no idea controversy was happening the past 24 hours)
He was an incredibly awkward always emo acting guy when he used to frequent the mlp xat and he would straight out ask if anybody wanted to RP with him.

He would also most likely randomly pm people in the xat, me being one of em, and go on about how bad his life is and such while still asking to RP.

Top Bottom