• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
New smash 4 tech discovered with items (Bombs, turnips, bananas, gyro ...etc). ALL characters but samus (of course), link, toon link and Zs benifit from this

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...em-and-yes-means-diddy-just-got-better-again/

Aka diddy just got BETTER
This isn't newwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I thought you knew everythingggggggggggggggggggg

Scared to ask but does that mean role play?
Says the guy who pretends to be his new Falcon amiibo.
Oh ****, Trela telling it like it is today. 2/2 so far.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
This was in Brawl. I did this in against Olimar match up to zdrop nair. Not game changing.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Oh that's what it is? It looks different than what I saw in brawl cause Samus could do it. Now she can't.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That's because zair is too good. You can't have zair and this. Guess you must cut off your zair.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't care about personal problems. Chop off that zair.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Feels like most of the techniques they're announcing are just brawl techniques with a fancy presentation to get views.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Feels like most of the techniques they're announcing are just brawl techniques with a fancy presentation to get views.
Hmm, advertising old things as new to get viewers. Now why would someone do that, just lie on the Internet?

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I called the Alex **** back in 2010. Used to talk to him on AIM and in the MLP Xat. Something was just never right about him. Glad he was exposed.

Also, Diddy's dumb, and Tesh is wrong again. Sonics are losing to Diddys everywhere. :applejack:

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
How is the diddy vs Rosa mu? I was seeing xaltis (I believe) use some aeriel (dair maybe?) trade with diddy every time the diddy went for down throw shenanigans.
Diddy can't play exactly like normal due to luma.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Villager has a good matchup against Diddy imo.
1. Pocket the banana so he won't have bananas for mostly the entire match
2. Lingering hitbox of d-air + Villager's ability to stay offstage for a long time means Villager is very good at hitting Diddy out of his up-B recovery, no matter how he mixes it up.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Dunno about that since he can just be near the roof and start charging his barrels sideways and still be able to control where he lands and how he goes in the air.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I called the Alex **** back in 2010. Used to talk to him on AIM and in the MLP Xat. Something was just never right about him. Glad he was exposed.

Also, Diddy's dumb, and Tesh is wrong again. Sonics are losing to Diddys everywhere. :applejack:
I'll try to be honest here without being mean. You are probably still the best Sonic but your philosophy holds you back. The other Sonics that are doing well aren't even close to your level and they are still doing things like taking M2K to game 5 and placing in the top 10% consistently.

We are seeing low level Sonics on the come up narrowly losing to internationally recognized players and its suddenly evidence of how the matchup isnt fair.

How is the diddy vs Rosa mu? I was seeing xaltis (I believe) use some aeriel (dair maybe?) trade with diddy every time the diddy went for down throw shenanigans.
Diddy can't play exactly like normal due to luma.
Rosa is so versatile in theory, but in practice being super light and a huge target isn't helping in the matchup. Luma doesn't stop him from throwing you as long as he does it ASAP and gets away from it quick. Diddy also doesn't care about trading with a dair as long as the uair hit you and killed you. Heck, bouncing him into the ground might just get you upaired again.

She is also a bit exploitable off stage too.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
6WX is the only Sonic not consistently losing to Diddy at the moment, and even then, he still loses to them.
Florida has the best Sonics besides 6WX, and they all lose to Diddy too.

Also, I'm an old man, and a stubborn git. I don't care about being the best any more. I just want to have fun. :applejack:

Last edited:

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Smash 4 and melee for evo. Guess I don't need popcorn for reddit tonight afterall

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Unfortunately it'll be 2 stocks. It's FGC oriented so they'll go with what's fastest and most "entertaining." It would be cool as the only OOS trip of the year for me though.

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Line ups bigger than last year so things will have to be faster paced. Most likely it'll be 2 stocks

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shoot, I have to use part of my vacation, so I would be down to go if a lot of Houston people decide to go...

Xyro77

if what I am reading on Twitter is true, Prog/d1 have been talking to Evo about 2 stocks.

Guess I'll stay in the castle I created. Let the armies come to me under my terms instead of me going to them under their terms.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
if what I am reading on Twitter is true, Prog/d1 have been talking to Evo about 2 stocks.

Guess I'll stay in the castle I created. Let the armies come to me under my terms instead of me going to them under their terms.
So dramatic

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I firmly believe that 2 and 3 stocks makes no real difference in how enjoyable the game is.

33% more or less of something will still be good or bad. Anyone saying watching 2 stock 6 minutes of bull**** is somehow entertaining is just being delusional.

We are not suddenly going to fall in love with Diddy Kong Uairing you out of 2 stocks instead of 3.

I really only would favor 2 stocks if it meant more tournaments running pools, doing bo5 for not 8-16 instead of top 3 etc. These changes would counteract the risk of taking too small of a sample size in a competition. But many of the TOs pushing for this kind of thing just want to run events quickly without enforcing rules, running brackets on time or DQing celeb status players who hold up events.

Xyro77

When a TO alters a status quo rule (stocks/timer) due to stream viewership or speed of an event, this is when you have truly lost your purpose as a TO.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I've always been in favor of 3 stock now that I've learned to kill. Although, Sonic players make me want to play 1 stock only cause UGH. Unfortunately, 2 stocks seems to be winning :/ But if you host 3 stocks, I will always go to those for sure.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
When a TO alters a status quo rule (stocks/timer) due to stream viewership or speed of an event, this is when you have truly lost your purpose as a TO.
First and foremost the game needs to be enjoyable to play and compete in.

Of course you could also be the kind of TO that doesn't listen to the people that DO attend your events.

At least those 2 stock folks are listening to someone...

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I've always been in favor of 3 stock now that I've learned to kill. Although, Sonic players make me want to play 1 stock only cause UGH. Unfortunately, 2 stocks seems to be winning :/ But if you host 3 stocks, I will always go to those for sure.
Razer what sonic has got you so salty? I usually hear you complain about Sonic but don't really recall you losing to any, especially in brawl

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Razer what sonic has got you so salty? I usually hear you complain about Sonic but don't really recall you losing to any, especially in brawl
Brawl has nothing to do with this lol. It comes from a combination of playing them in friendlies, tourney, and wifi. I just see what Sonic can do and I hate it. Their matches are the ones that usually drag on. SAME WITH BC'S VILLAGER OOOO

Evo will most likely be my one OOS trip of the year.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Brawl has nothing to do with this lol. It comes from a combination of playing them in friendlies, tourney, and wifi. I just see what Sonic can do and I hate it. Their matches are the ones that usually drag on. SAME WITH BC'S VILLAGER OOOO

Evo will most likely be my one OOS trip of the year.
Do I camp? ;~;

I try not to. It's boring. This is a fighting game. I wanna fight. :applejack:

Top Bottom