• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I really don't know what to do vs MegaMan. Nothing is safe on his shield and pellets stop everything

Zori

Smash Champion
Honestly I haven't played too many samuses but Work on spacing around the pellets by jumping over them and if they are just shielding then grab is the best option. I'm pretty sure short hop nair from samus is safe on any shield

Also make use of the ledge trump machanics, his recovery can be exploited!

Last edited:

Xyro77

Honestly I haven't played too many samuses but Work on spacing around the pellets by jumping over them and if they are just shielding then grab is the best option. I'm pretty sure short hop nair from samus is safe on any shield

Also make use of the ledge trump machanics, his recovery can be exploited!
All of Samus's spaces aerials can be easily punished if shielded because of the lag. The one that's harder to punish is fast fall uair because it MIGHT (very unlikely due to how bad smash 4 is) shield poke. But if it doesn't poke, I can be grabbed because uair MUST be done at point blank range.

Ledge trump is a good idea but I can never get MM on the ledge.

I can't grab MM out of pellets because I have a tether grab. Attacks beat out grabs in this game AND tether grabs are slower than regular grabs.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Event pages for Aftershock are up! $3000 prize pool, 6000 sq. ft venue, and top player from across the southwest! Remember, if you are in the Top 8 of the aftershock Rankings (at tourneylocator.com/aftershockrankings), then not only do you get free entry/venue, you will be automatically qualified for the top 16 final bracket!

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/423...lter=upcoming&source=49&sid_create=2403987848

Smashboards Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-...m-melee-top-players-from-arlington-tx.387430/

Teshie U

Smash Lord
All of Samus's spaces aerials can be easily punished if shielded because of the lag. The one that's harder to punish is fast fall uair because it MIGHT (very unlikely due to how bad smash 4 is) shield poke. But if it doesn't poke, I can be grabbed because uair MUST be done at point blank range.

Ledge trump is a good idea but I can never get MM on the ledge.

I can't grab MM out of pellets because I have a tether grab. Attacks beat out grabs in this game AND tether grabs are slower than regular grabs.
Played this matchup from both sides. Grab definitely outranges pellets if you are spaced. As long as its max range, you will pull him in without your body interacting with the pellets. The good thing here for Samus is that if she isn't spaced it still works out in her favor. Grab breaks cause 3 damage and pellets only do 2 at range. It also will still pull him into you effective range where you can use tilts. Resist the urge to double grab, you can't grab someone right out of a grab break. Important thing is to stay calm when hit by pellets. They don't combo into anything, but don't get caught buffering someone dumb after he interupts you.

No idea what Zair does to pellets, I never really Zair much in any matchup.

Charge shot forces megaman to come to you. He NEEDS to stay close enough to samus to keep her interupted, but its a fairly short range despite how well he can shut you down when he gets there. Once you get your neutral B partially charged it beats pellets, crash bomb and metal blade. Retreating with bombs can give you the small amount of time needed to get a small charge. Pelleting is fairly mobile, but megaman can't double jump so if he uses a pellet he is a bit committed and thats how you fight back. Stay patient, he might hit you more, but your gun packs more of a punch.

Once megaman gets his wall smashed through a few times, he will be more cautious about projectile spamming. Thats when you finally get to work in uair combos, dash attacks and bair. Bair is tricky because if he does device to pellet, he will turn you around and fair kinda sucks.

I feel like megaman should go aggro in this matchup, camping here is kind of risky because Samus can kill at 80 with charge shot. He can kill her super early if she whiffs an Up B OoS. She also can't really OoS his Uair. she is too tall to really drop her shield before Megaman can react and Up B risks killing herself from the windbox. Generally you should be more worried about how safe he will be on your shield than how you can pressure him.

Learn to catch metal blade out of the air. Most of the time it will be coming straight at you. Just hit A right as it gets to you, worst case scenario you jab it and don't wind up locked into shield so he can grab you. If you manage to snag it, expect pellets or and approach. Missles+Metal Blade+Charge short in quick succession beats everything. Shield will get shredded, pellets will beat the blade and lose to the short. MB is also a good OoS option that covers your blind spots. Combos into lots of stuff very easily.

Everything else is pretty standard. Consider edgeguarding with nair and bair instead of dair as spiking him out of Up B often won't work. Ledge trumping is okay, but if you don't immediately back air him (not guaranteed), he can just up B over you and land like normal using his double jump, metal blade and nair.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not for amiibo collectors like him that keep them in their original display.

I honestly don't care which country they are from, as long as they work.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Nope. The box art is just so cool. But at this point it's impossible to get 2 of each. So I just cut open the bottom to make a flap and can take them out while still maintaining the box art.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Are they region locked?
No, but some people want the original Amiibos in the box from the region they live in. I personally don't care since I take them out and put them on a shelf.

Xyro77

TGC.jpg

Hey everybody, Xyro here. I'm dropping by to remind everybody that my Smash 4 tournament series, TGC, is hosting its first official major event on February 28th 2015 at the Le Jardin reception hall in North Houston.

If the two "The Road to TGC" events taught me anything it is that these events keep getting bigger and bigger so i project that this first official TGC event will easily cap out. In order to guarantee you a spot in the venue (and thus a chance at entering events) it is highly recommended you register online as soon as possible.

For full details on registration, fees, rules, events and times, please go to the Smashboards event link
http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-...-200-pot-bonus-for-smash-4-houston-tx.384812/ or the Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1033314033352371

And as always, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me by posting here, on Facebook or in private message. I will always respond. I hope to see you all there :)

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I loves delicious controversy.

Last edited:

Trela

Smash Lord
What a morning to wake up to.

I remember you telling me about how he really acted behind the scenes, Allan, and I've never really liked him ever since. But those stories the others shared about him.......

I wonder if we'll even see a response from Alex Strife.

Top Bottom