• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
We don't do state PRs because it's nothing but arguing and bias and people farming points.

The purpose of a PR is much more than figuring out who is good or bad.

A city ranking helps promote competition because it's changing constantly. Also, the amount of players doesn't matter as much as the skilled players involved.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, I wouldn't even bother trying to go Insomnia at this point if you didn't reserve a spot, unless you want to do friendlies/chill.

Zori

Smash Champion
They picked up, no way I can enter as they have 20 people on the WAITING LIST, that's just tragic I really wanted to play today :(

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
You guys are welcome to carpool with me if you need a ride. I ended up switching my shifts so I could prepare more the tourney. Was planning to come over anyway before the tournament for practice.
Do you have anymore room in your carpool? Most likely going to Sync's before tournament.

insomniavgc

Smash Rookie
Yeah as Zori said, we already pushed the cap of tournament to 64 from 50 and we still have 20 ppl on the waitlist in case any of those folks don't show in time. Note that the 64 player cap is the largest I've ever allowed and that we cap the tournaments for the comfort and optimum experience of those who enter. Next Smash 4 tournament will be in March- date TBA.

Zori

Smash Champion
Welp no point in going, CT contact me by 4:30 if you want a ride to austin's

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Same. Didn't bother rsvping. Place is about an hour away also, not in the mood to drive just for friendlies lol. If anyone is doing anything before/after Insomnia, let me know.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Everybody should go to syncs while insomnia is going on. Would be a huge fest
While it's going on? Is his place next to the venue? I was thinking before, bug if people gonna be at his place throughout the night I may stop by. If it's cool with him of course.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh Tesh, you amuse me.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Imagine inviting people to a fest that isn't at your house.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I typed Warren Lovely Smis and google gave me the name Lovely Warren as an actual person.

LOVELY WARREN LOVELY SMIS

Teshie U

Smash Lord
There are actually 2 outlets in the back yard you can use if you bring a Wii U setup.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
GG's flip. Don't let my salt after be directed towards you dog. Just me being to close and wanting to get better to clutch it out.

Diddy dumb doe.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
GG's flip. Don't let my salt after be directed towards you dog. Just me being to close and wanting to get better to clutch it out.

Diddy dumb doe.
No worries. Our matches get better and better overall. Your falcon and stage kills me in all kinds of ways

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Chozo, diddy was Player 1.

went to game 5 and P1 adapted. Problem for him was the fact Samus's trip animation has her bounce a bit higher so he kept missing grab so he eventually started using Fsmash once it was game 5.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Yeah fsmash or even monkey flip is a better option against the trip animation. I'm surprised P1 didn't know that for playing brawl Diddy for so long.

Top Bottom