• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone want to play online? I'm not too terrible at the game.

Mii name: SP500
2767 0458 1096

3/5?

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
What ever happened to Gnes anyways? Is he still around?

I'm loving the game so far, other than the fact that it is uncomfortable for me to hold the 3DS for too long... maybe I need to find a different grip.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
My left thumb hurts. You can unlock all the characters if you do online play as well. The online matches count towards the total battles. Already unlocked up to dark pit.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yeah, I just removed the grip for my analog and am gonna store it somewhere for games other than smash lol. It slides around too much and falls off at times which messes me up. Feels a lot better for controls without it. Plus I ordered a grip cause I don't know about you guys but I don't naturally want to shield in this game (at least w/ the 3DS lol), like nothing clicks in my head to perform that action (prolly cause my finger is not completely over the trigger).

The game's obviously good lol. I understand where Xyro's coming from with not being crazy hyped though cause this release was nothing compared to Brawl's. The engine is practically the same whereas coming from Melee to Brawl you felt like you were almost playing a new fighter. This doesn't feel like a clean slate yet for me, rather just a continuation of something that desperately needed one. Also... the entire roster was spoiled here lol, people broke street date out the ass and tons of other stuff. Plus it's on a handheld and there's no title screen. There's just a lot that feels "missing" for what's necessary for hype, it'll definitely tide us over until the Wii U launch though. Unrevealed stages and who knows what (Ridley) has got to be good.

Oh and custom moves are so easy to unlock w/ the home button trick lol.
I've already unlocked like 30 moves within two hours.

Also who's played online while taking a **** so far?

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You can take a **** while johning about playing like ****.

It has come full circle.

z00ted

Yeah, online's REALLY good w/ anyone who isn't Japanese. Even then it's still great lol.
Little Mac is so much fun. Fox and Pit's voices are way too ugly. Have a feeling Fox is gonna be high tier for sure.

Last edited:

z00ted

Lol, I don't feel that way at all but whoever hired like 90% of these voice actors needs to be shot.
This music is on point. Omfg this game's gonna be so much fun in tournament.

Last edited:

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
omfg rosalina is so good
The only problem I have with Rosalina is how damn TALL she is. I played around with her yesterday in Training Mode and selected Ike as my CPU opponent. She's a full head taller than him, AT LEAST.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
How is everyone's experience with the game so far? Anyone's opinions on characters changing? From watching videos, I didn't think I'd like Bowser Jr. at all, but I'm really liking him after playing him myself.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Little mac bowser Sheik robin and megaman are high tier for sure. Not sure why megaman is so low. He has **** aerials and lots of projectiles

Ganon is probably the worst in the game he got 0 buffs and is even slower.

There is like barely any autocancelling in this game. A lot of moves have too much lag. Like warios dair

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I still cannot believe how oblivious and unaware players are of Shulk.

Just play my Shulk this weekend.

Come on, just one game.

I promise it won't hurt.

I'll make sure it's over quickly.

And maybe after I write your name with your blood in Kanji.......maybe just then.......your opinion will change.......
So you main Shulk because you look like him? thats cute

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The FUKCING Ozzama is BACK

DROPPING NUKES on new gens nerds ALL THE WAY FROM CALI

holy mother of ****!

z00ted

I'd love the 3DS version if it didn't lag so badly w/ some people in Houston online. It feels like mindless practice/sand-bagging because you can't properly space anything or gauge where a player will land. Syrup lag + no c-stick etc. is super poop.

It'll be fun to play at Sync/Tesh/Pj/Asa's when we're all around for sure though. Wii U version will be so much better lol I don't know if I even wanna waste time practicing on 3DS cause it's so similar to Brawl that if you just know a character's moveset and play a bit more aggressively you should be fine.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Enjoy not learning how to slay the god that is Shulk.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
See if you look at his yellow sword you'll see that the glow effects are significantly outranging the sword itself.

Pay close attention to just the sword itself, or the sword the moment the after effects dissipate.
They're really out of sync for the sword, which is weird/peculiar.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
upload_2014-10-5_14-27-54.png

Down tilt is just human feet always being disjointed/invincible.

Down Air was just a 2 frame move in Brawl, if it's similar here, the only hitbox that exists for it is like, directly below him.

Although Marth also suffers the same thing. Moves like uair and down air just plainly do not hit people horizontally at all.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There's an excuse for his aerials, he deserves it.
Also last I heard Bair for marth is his new Fair?
Back air was literally not touched between Brawl and Smash 4 frame data wise.
Considering fair got hit with 3x the landing lag, for back air to have had 1 frame of landing lag taken off, it's auto cancel frame not changed/removed (I think), etc etc.

Every other one of Marth's aerials were nerfed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom