• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
True but the game had to be dumbed down (aim assist etc.) to the point of ruin to make controllers viable. Whichever way you look at it, the console version is inferior.
I'm not talking about games. I'm talking pc vs console.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
You have one week to do something amazing before the developers do something about it.
Gnes beat Trela.
Kira beat Grim Turtle
The patch will take down flip next week.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 one benefit of consoles is couch co-op, which is part of why most of us have even met

But a gaming PC can get alot more done than gaming as I said. And as I believe someone mentioned earlier, you can upgrade them if they don't meet the minimum requirements for future games (rare occurrence if you had a decent one to begin with.) For a console you basically just have to get a whole new one next gen.

Keep in mind that PC superior power and control options give it lots of exclusive content as well. Probably not the type of stuff you are into though. Like I said, which exclusives were you looking at? So far all my next gen interests are multi-platform so I can't choose.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah man, I bet they'll buff Diddy in some ******** way. And we'll have a good laugh.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Diddy's dthrow becomes harder to di with added hitstun and uair kills 10% earlier

Last edited:

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

I just left the Houston Press headquarters from a meeting regarding TGC. I will be making an announcement soon so stay tuned. It's time take TGC to the next level! :chuckle:

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
I'm not talking about games. I'm talking pc vs console.
But a large part of the discussion revolves around which machine plays games, for lack of a better term, better than the other. One of your arguments against PC gaming is the use of a mouse and keyboard feels unnatural and is inferior to a controller. My point is that you can turn a perfectly wonderful PC game into a steaming pile of poo purely through accommodating controller-based play/aiming systems on a console thus delivering an inferior experience when compared to the PC. It fits within the PC vs console debate because I'm suggesting its and I was using CS:GO as an example since it was brought up earlier and I have a decent background with the title.

Last edited:

Xyro77

There is no debate here. A console is cheaper upfront and doesn't cost any extra in order to play games at mex setting (be it 720p/30fps, 900p/45fps or 1080p/60fps...etc) for 6-10 years.

Good luck playing 10 years worth of new games at max settings on PC without spending more in upgrades.

The case is closed.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I'm pretty sure Steam with it's constant sales would eventually pay itself off if you buy a PC for gaming though

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Yes but you buy games for the system and eventually there's a point you'd be paying more for a ps4 + games as opposed to pc + games

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There is no debate here. A console is cheaper upfront and doesn't cost any extra in order to play games at mex setting (be it 720p/30fps, 900p/45fps or 1080p/60fps...etc) for 6-10 years.

Good luck playing 10 years worth of new games at max settings on PC without spending more in upgrades.

The case is closed.
Good luck having a modern console that lasts 10 years on the market, ya dinkus.

Last edited:

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice

The case is closed.
That's the thing though, consoles don't play all games at max settings as I mentioned earlier. Getting 30 FPS at 720p doesn't equate to the game running at max settings. Things like AA, AS, texture quality, and etc. would all have to be turned up to the maximum supported setting to be considered "running a game at max." I can say definitively that the previous generation of consoles did NOT run games at max settings. There were massive graphical processing setting compromises made for console releases so they could run @ 30/60 fps in whatever respective resolution. Those compromises only get worse with time as the newer titles are continually more resource-hungry.

Additionally, a console is basically a computer on the inside. Thus, consoles get just as worse over time as PCs but the caveat is you do not have to pay for the nintendo/playstation/xbox label for the same similar components.

Last edited:

Xyro77

When you turn a console game on, unless otherwise specified, it's at max settings for the console. No need to upgrade.

And many consoles have been on the market for 10 years, RT.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Keyword is MODERN consoles

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Console will play games at minimum for 6 years.

A cheap PC will play games at a minimum setting for a similar amount of time. The games will be cheaper,

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Console expansion packs. N64 Memory Expansion and something Sega comes to mind.

Xyro77

Keyword is MODERN consoles
FIFA 14 for the ps2. That's a game coming out on a 14 year old console. Ps2 were stopped being made in 2013.

Xbox360 came out in 2005 and still has games made for it today. 10 year old console.

Neither of which I had to spend a dime on in upgrades. You will NEVER get that lifespan from a PC unless you stay playing Diablo 2 or Starcraft 1

*leaves another convo undefeated*

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Maybe you should be a tryhard too and get better armor.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Figure out what armor you want until you get into mixed set territory. G-Rank is go-time. I can help with S. Zinogre, but it'll only help with your defense. I don't think its skills benefit chargeblade.

Last edited:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
metaknight in this game is even MORE of a meanie. like batman. i cant understand what he says half the time.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
metaknight in this game is even MORE of a meanie. like batman. i cant understand what he says half the time.
He says the same things from Brawl. Literally copy+paste.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
so i checked and it really is copy paste. the difference is the announcer is way louder in smash4 so it was hard for me to hear "you have much yet to learn". i thought it sounded super weird

Last edited:
Top Bottom