• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Thus^ proving console controllers are the best
Noooooooo, you can plug a Microsoft controller into a PC that runs Windows made by Microsoft?!?!?!?!?!

DISCOVERY OF THE CENTURY CONFIRMED.

Now try doing it with the Wii Pro Controller. Have fun doing nothing. If anything, it proves how flexible and amazing PC gaming is. Try to play a console game with a mouse and keyboard, and it'll crap itself.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Noooooooo, you can plug a Microsoft controller into a PC that runs Windows made by Microsoft?!?!?!?!?!

DISCOVERY OF THE CENTURY CONFIRMED.

Now try doing it with the Wii Pro Controller. Have fun doing nothing. If anything, it proves how flexible and amazing PC gaming is. Try to play a console game with a mouse and keyboard, and it'll crap itself.
PCs allow controllers because the people have said that keyboards/mouse method of control is dog sh*t.
Consoles dont use mouses and do keyboarding terribly because the console has a hard time allowing HORRIFIC methods of controls to be used on its system.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
PCs allow controllers because the people have said that keyboards/mouse method of control is dog sh*t.
Please try to play CS or Quake with a controller. I dare you.

Enjoy fumbling around.

Xyro77

Ive played Quake on the N64. Works just fine.
Ive played CS:GO (iirc) on the 360. Works just fine.

Xyro77

The Triangle is actually real. You've never beaten Trela on Wii U. He's never beaten me. I've never beaten you.

This is disgusting.
If you guys dont buy your online 1vs1 pass for TGC 2, ill seed you 3 in the same pool. We will see how the triangle plays out then.

Xyro77

Just buy your own passes and include your tag in the box or in your full name. Timbo "GrimTurtle" Compost for example

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dude, can I be in your pool too? It'll just be like our online sessions, except less lag. Ah, what the hell, can I just substitute an amiibo for myself?

I hope amiibo RT wins.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
If you guys dont buy your online 1vs1 pass for TGC 2, ill seed you 3 in the same pool. We will see how the triangle plays out then.
Gimme dentist and aerolink c:

*denti...but the autocorrect was funny so I'll leave it

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You know what rhymes with amiibo and Timbo?

Hobo 12.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
This is very disgusting...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stats show:
Since TRTTGC2, Tournaments Where:
Fliphop missing and Trela/Grim attends: Grim out places Trela
-SAM 3
-SFC1

Grim missing and Fliphop/Trela attends: Trela out places Fliphop
-Weeklies?

Trela missing and Fliphop/Grim attends: Fliphop out places Grim
-Insomnia Wii U 2 & 3
All 3 attend: Trela > Fliphop > Grim
-SAM 1
-TGC1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Given that I'm not going to TGC 2... I'd put money Razer will out place Trela. lol

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Time for a fourth party to emerge and disrupt the trinity and create chaos.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
This is very disgusting...

Stats show:
Since TRTTGC2, Tournaments Where:
Fliphop missing and Trela/Grim attends: Grim out places Trela
-SAM 3
-SFC1

Grim missing and Fliphop/Trela attends: Trela out places Fliphop
-Weeklies?

Trela missing and Fliphop/Grim attends: Fliphop out places Grim
-Insomnia Wii U 2 & 3
All 3 attend: Trela > Fliphop > Grim
-SAM 1
-TGC1

Given that I'm not going to TGC 2... I'd put money Razer will out place Trela. lol
Based on this....Trela in front at TGC 2 and me in the back.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Poor baby, let those 4 gold Mario amiibos wipe away the tears.

Xyro77

I am adding all the WiiU smash events that houston has done into the SWF rankings. This is gonna take all night :(

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Ps4 has better graphics 9 out of 10 times. X-bone is 900p and ps4 hits the 1080. That's usually how it goes.

Though both machines are largely getting the same 3rd games, Ps4 is getting the better "exclusives."

I refuse to support a company who tried to pull what MS tried to pull before the launch of the x-bone.
You play Wii and Wii U games, you know graphics only matter so much compared to gameplay.

What exclusives are you looking at for Ps4? JRPGs? Just curious, I'm also thinking about which one to get too.

Go play starcraft 64 and tell me console has superior controls.
All console FPS are automatic baby versions of the real game that can auto-aim/aim assist BECAUSE console controls are so inferior that they would be unplayable with help.

You want a console because its easy to understand and use and maintainance is little to nothing. Nothing wrong with that, but you get what you payed for.

Xyro77

Xyro is the life of the party here.
I always am.

edit: while submitting results to this SWF ranking program. If Broly is 7th place and i submit his character (lucina) but i cant link his SWF profile to that result, does lucina still count towards the over SWF rankings of characters? Or does lucina only get points once Broly's name is linked to his result?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I seriously doubt this.

Xyro77

Just cause you cannot or did not do well on console doesnt mean other are the same.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hahahahaha, no.

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
Just cause you cannot or did not do well on console doesnt mean other are the same.
Played CS competitively from 2002-2013 and can say definitively that every console port ever made is utter garbage and that is almost entirely due to the use of a controller instead of mouse/keyboard.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Let Xyro thinks what he wants.

It's funnier this way.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
a superior experience in the long term.
Considering gaming PCs do all the other awesome stuff home computers do, its actually a much better long term investment.

The main benefit of consoles is exclusive content and of course the simplicity you favor.

Xyro77

If I had no issues with the controls then nothing you say changes that. You weren't there to exp the game through my mind/hands.

And we all have PCs and tablets and phones so no, a high end gaming PC does not save me money nor offer me extended value.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You have one week to do something amazing before the developers do something about it.

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
If I had no issues with the controls then nothing you say changes that. You weren't there to exp the game through my mind/hands.
True but the game had to be dumbed down (aim assist etc.) to the point of ruin to make controllers viable. Whichever way you look at it, the console version is inferior.

Last edited:
Top Bottom