• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Here we goooooooooooooo...!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Playing Mega Man does terrible things to a person.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
but marvel is garbage. movie wants to be "darker" now cause DC>Marvel
Movies being "dark" and "gritty" is much more common now days ever since TDK made it into a billion dollar idea.

The entire action movie genre as well as almost all comic book movies do this now. Dark/gritty usually means more realistic and thus people can relate better. This makes more people want to see the movie.

Dark/gritty has been around (and done better than TDK) forever but it took one actor (Heath L) to to sell it/change Hollywood the way TDK did. In other words, it's a fluke. Want proof? No other movie since 2008 has sold dark/gritty the way TDK did. Even TDKR didn't have near the impact.

So marvel doing dark and gritty isn't new or copy cat. If it is, the DC is a copy cat as well.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Call of Duty doesnt remotely have something like a story, we just play online. ITs just shooting stuff and teamwork. You play Samus, youll be fine.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Looking for these AOU spoilers you guys speak off....

EDIT: before xyro perma-bans me, i wont post any if i find them just curious myself

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Actually Xyro if you are dead set on getting a ps4, we can play on there.

Depends on how the year pans out I guess. I don't see ALL of us getting ps4's by novemeber or anything.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Woah im looking for some ps4 buddies. i dont do multiplayer much anymore since the better multiplayer games are on xbox but if you guys have bloodborne im down

Suspect

Smash Hero
Movies being "dark" and "gritty" is much more common now days ever since TDK made it into a billion dollar idea.

The entire action movie genre as well as almost all comic book movies do this now. Dark/gritty usually means more realistic and thus people can relate better. This makes more people want to see the movie.

Dark/gritty has been around (and done better than TDK) forever but it took one actor (Heath L) to to sell it/change Hollywood the way TDK did. In other words, it's a fluke. Want proof? No other movie since 2008 has sold dark/gritty the way TDK did. Even TDKR didn't have near the impact.

So marvel doing dark and gritty isn't new or copy cat. If it is, the DC is a copy cat as well.
pretty sure we are comparing comic book movies, not movies in general. TMNT was the only one that did it before iirc

dc>marvel deal with it wahahaha

Suspect

Smash Hero
Woah im looking for some ps4 buddies. i dont do multiplayer much anymore since the better multiplayer games are on xbox but if you guys have bloodborne im down
rofl wut. first off that isnt true and if you feel that way then why dont you just buy an xbox?

Suspect

Smash Hero
Titanfall and Halo MCC.... literally nothing on the ps4 can stack up to either of those games at all in the realm of multiplayer.
You do know that Halo MCC was basically unplayable multiplayer wise until just recently? I dont even think its 100% fixed.
And if you like titanfall that much thats on you but ive never heard it being that good. Just another exclusive even tho the 2nd one is coming to ps4.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
You do know that Halo MCC was basically unplayable multiplayer wise until just recently? I dont even think its 100% fixed.
And if you like titanfall that much thats on you but ive never heard it being that good. Just another exclusive even tho the 2nd one is coming to ps4.
Regardless, since MCC is fixed it makes it the best console for multiplayer out there. Halo1-3 are some of the best shooters ever with 4 being meh. Titanfall is good not great i played it for a solid 4 months but never bought the season pass so i missed out on the new maps, but the new modes they added i heard really fleshed out the game. I expect Titanfall 2 to be much better.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I guess. I mean yeah it may have like a couple more multiplayer games than the ps4, but there's a lot more players on the ps4. Xbox has usually always been the best console for FPS.

Oh and Driveclub > Titanfail

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
I guess. I mean yeah it may have like a couple more multiplayer games than the ps4, but there's a lot more players on the ps4. Xbox has usually always been the best console for FPS.

Oh and Driveclub > Titanfail
lol wut, isnt driveclub like the running joke of bad games these days?

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I will NOT be getting Blops 3. Blops has sucked massive elephant wang throughout the whole series. Ghosts and AW aren't even good. MWF 1-3 are the best. 2 is the goat followed closely by 3.

Blops is a literal waste of money. Both me and Gnes sold our copies after a week lol.

Xyro77

I've played a few CoDs at non smash friends house. All the same game every year. I've never owned one though. If I get a CoD, it will be WiiU version cause I wanna support 3rd party on Nintendo platforms. I'm really only CONSIDERING a ps4 because of MGS5, FF15 and Deus Ex: MD. Not much more.

Suspect, DC had a truly wonder fluke on their hands with TDK due to Heath. It was a one hit wonder. The DC movies before and after were no darker/grittier than TDK. Some are absolute abysmal by all accounts. Marvel has some too. You can't strike gold every time.

Marvel>DC
DC>Marvel

It's all opinion. It depends on what heroes you like, what themes you like and what directors/actors you like. It's complete opinion.

Speaking of Marvel. I just watched 2 eps of DareDevil season 1. Each ep is 53min long. SUPER FREAKING GOOD! The opening credits has beautiful music. DareDevil is a super fast fighter and uses his blindness to his advantage kinda like in the movie. I expect great things from this series. Especially since there is very little corn/cheese so far. PLEASE WATCH THIS SHOW!!!

Last edited:

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
No Lol

Might get blops 3 for zombies. Tired of everyone quitting mid game during zombies on blops 2. I'm too good tho
i ONLY get blops for the zombie co-op lol. and a little of search and destroy. MGS5 - MGO3 THOOOOOO.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I will NOT be getting Blops 3. Blops has sucked massive elephant wang throughout the whole series. Ghosts and AW aren't even good. MWF 1-3 are the best. 2 is the goat followed closely by 3.

Blops is a literal waste of money. Both me and Gnes sold our copies after a week lol.
I quit blops 1 immediately because it was so boring to play. However ghosts was ALSO pretty boring until I started playing with you guys.

MW3 was terrible alone too because killstreaks were so OP that 1 person could spawn kill entire teams until everyone quit.

Also splatoon is confirmed to have no voice chat. Very disappointed. I wish Nintendo (and all other companies) would just realize that having easily toggled mute buttons for players as well as potentially locking voice chat behind parental controls is the best way to go.

Now I'm going to need to use Skype to play this game.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Call of Duty: Modern Nerds

The other name I was going to use would've been slightly more offensive. Slightly.

On another note, Interstellar was actually amazing and Justin Bieber's roast was pretty funny. Still need to watch Daredevil.

And F NO am I choosng watching Avengers 2 with Allan over my fiancée. F U.

Last edited:
Top Bottom