• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Daredevil is soooo good, i unfortunately fell into the binge watch trap and im on like episode 8 now ha. BTW FG 5 has been moved up a week to July 11th. Hoping that will bring out all those who were planning to also go to EVO

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Finished ep 3. Already more dark/gritty and serious than Arrow/Flash/Gotham. There is honestly one terrible actor. That Froggy guy/DareDevil's lawyer assistant dude.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Finished ep 3. Already more dark/gritty and serious than Arrow/Flash/Gotham. There is honestly one terrible actor. That Froggy guy/DareDevil's lawyer assistant dude.
without him, the show would have no element of humor and critics would pan it for taking itself way too seriously for a superhero tv show. Tbh i just ignore him lol

Xyro77

Critics **** on movies for ANYTHING. I ignore them.

Froggy is neither funny nor entertaining. The only thing he adds is annoyance due to bad acting. He couldn't sell free water to a thirsty hobo.

Also, I hope this isn't spoilers but in ep 1 or 2 did I catch an Avengers reference, if so, this show takes place 18 months after Avengers 1.

Last edited:

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
i also hate that all superhero shows refer to the said hero with a dumb name before just calling them their comic book name, if i hear "The Hood" or "The Black Mask" one more time i might stop watching all of them

Xyro77

Dude the bowling ball scene was AWESOME. Thought ep 2 was the best but now 3 did it better!

Then they showed Fisk (the KingPin)!!!!!!! He is a SUPER bad man. I'm so hyped and it's only ep 3!

Last edited:

Xyro77

Ladies and gents! Xyro here. Online pre-registration cut-off for the Official TGC event #2 is exactly 11 days away (TGC is 12 days away btw) and so if you plan on attending, please click the link below to purchase your venue pass AND 1vs1 pass online (please include your gamer tag in the box or as part of your real name). Pre-registering for this online guarantees that will have a seeded spot in pools/bracket. This will also allow me to post pools/brackets ahead of time to allow players a chance to see who they will fight before they walk in the door. If you do not pre-reg you won't know who you will fight ahead of time and I will just throw you into a pool/bracket at random when you sign up at the door. Remember, online pre-reg isnt mandatory but it is highly recommended. You can register at the door.

Can we beat the previous record of 209 Smash 4 1vs1 entrants that was set at TGC 1? Could we possibly do 250 this time around? Share this post on your wall and tell your friends to sign up ASAP. Let's prove once again that Houston is THE place to play Smash 4 with another recording breaking turnout!

Also, dont forget about the Mewtwo/DuckHunt challenge on post #26 on the SmashBoards page!

Edit: Make sure to read the rules. Many things have changed since TGC 1.

SWF Tournament Page
www.smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx-see-post-26-for-mewtwo-duckhunt-challenge.394551/

FB Event Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/623049984505771/

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Only two more days until error codes from everyone trying to download Mewtwo at same time.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm working on it. I have a ton on my plate right now.
Alright.

My main concern with Mewtwo is if we're only getting the code on 15th but have to wait to use it until 28th, or if good little boys that spent around 500+ (two systems and pretty much same game) and registered online they really do get access to mewtwo free and almost 2 weeks earlier than people who have to spend 4 bucks for him.

Nintendo wasn't too clear on that.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It'll probably be "timed exclusive" for those people who bought both versions and spent more money.

I expect the update to come out early Wednesday morning because of Japan time. That is when most of the previous ones were available.

Last edited:

Xyro77

There is no reason to get the code early and then have to wait until the masses get the code.

Why would they send out the mewtwo patch on the 15th and the mewtwo code on the 15th but make you wait until the 28th? Lmao.

If that were the case, you spent 100$ to get mewtwo a few min earlier than the rest of the planet. It doesn't make sense.

Xyro77

Or you can do what I did and buy 1 version of smash and trade 5 Nintendo club codes for The one missing mewtwo code.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
59.99 (smash wiiu) + 39.99 (3ds smash)= "free" mewtwo
You make it seem like you paid $100 for just Mewtwo, when it is a bonus item and you still got two games out of it.

People were purposely ****posting about this to be dumb.

But you never exceed my expectations.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Ever walked into Walmart of Sam's Club? Ever grabbed a free sample from one of those booths? How much did it cost you to get that free sample? How many dollars in groceries did you buy in order to get that free sample? NONE. But why? Because it's FREE.

Mewtwo is only FREE of you BUY 100$ worth of games. Literally THE SAME game except one is worse than the other in controls/graphics.

So it's not "free" if there is a financial pre-requisite.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Definitely enjoyed the heck out of portable smash bros. Even if I found it to be 100% worthless, I could go trade/sell it for 20-30 dollars now.

Also those stupid CDs that we got for having both games are ALSO selling for the price of the 3ds version sealed. If money was really the issue I could make a profit off of the 3ds version.

Xyro77

Definitely enjoyed the heck out of portable smash bros. Even if I found it to be 100% worthless, I could go trade/sell it for 20-30 dollars now.

Also those stupid CDs that we got for having both games are ALSO selling for the price of the 3ds version sealed. If money was really the issue I could make a profit off of the 3ds version.
It's still a bad game (compared to wiiu version) and mewtwo still isn't free.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I forgot about it, I spent all night watching Gnes and Razer play with customs then watched Daredevil.

I don't have cable so I have to go scour to internet for the videos, but I heard the first half of the season already leaked, so I might marathon that today before getting back to daredevil.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's still a bad game (compared to wiiu version) and mewtwo still isn't free.
Okay.

Show me where Nintendo charged me for Mewtwo. Need to see financial statement saying I was charged for Mewtwo.

I'll wait. Feel free to ****post more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom