• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I quit blops 1 immediately because it was so boring to play. However ghosts was ALSO pretty boring until I started playing with you guys.

MW3 was terrible alone too because killstreaks were so OP that 1 person could spawn kill entire teams until everyone quit.

Also splatoon is confirmed to have no voice chat. Very disappointed. I wish Nintendo (and all other companies) would just realize that having easily toggled mute buttons for players as well as potentially locking voice chat behind parental controls is the best way to go.

Now I'm going to need to use Skype to play this game.
Trust me. Me and Keith played Blops together and was still absolute dog ****. Splatoon tho! I'll be getting that. COD isn't the same anymore. And lol, you didn't know about MW3 then son. Right behind MW2 as the best.

Daredevil is pretty good. Very violent. Now watch Flash and Arrow. All good. Agents of Shield = SUK.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Meh, if I can make entire teams ragequit, I can only imagine what we would have done as a group. Ghosts even got to a point where we were just stomping teams WAY too easily most of the time.

If splatoon doesnt even like voice chat, I doubt we will see some good matchmaking. We are gonna have to find other good teams using some external source like squidboards or nintendodojo.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Playing with someone close by means less latency as I hate online enough already.

Also everyone I've run into there isn't very challenging.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Playing with someone close by means less latency as I hate online enough already.

Also everyone I've run into there isn't very challenging.
Can request Texas only, and you're asking the wrong the people then. Look at ladder top 20 and ask them

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Samboner is ranked 2 on anther ladder!
He'll probably show up at TGC. Karna's got some competition for best Shiek. His Luigi was also very good from what I remember.

GGs Tesh, it got kinda laggy at the end there. I could tell gnes was playing that last match, there's no other Shulk that beats me that bad (though wi-fi johns).

You adapted pretty well to the DK cyclone thing, but then again I was probably not using it efficiently either. Little Mac's custom side B seems like a better onstage move, but makes his recovery offstage worse. Can't imagine its gonna a popular set because of that. Megaman Danger Wrap seems like a straight up upgrade, since it actually kills at decent %s. Lucario's Snaring Aura sphere is very good for more close up fighting and edguarding (and it kills). Pacman's Fire Hydrant seems slightly better, but you lose hydrant smashing.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Well I'm used to that cyclone Up B so I know what not to do mostly.

Little Mac's side B is better for recovery too. It gives me another option for recovering below stage height and going over some attempts without having my landing flow charted if I recover high. And as you saw, it gives some nice aerial combos and sets up KO punch.

I like crash bomb alot, you can spam it more at range, but its more of a mindgame thing where danger wrap just straight up kills.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Well I'm used to that cyclone Up B so I know what not to do mostly.

Little Mac's side B is better for recovery too. It gives me another option for recovering below stage height and going over some attempts without having my landing flow charted if I recover high. And as you saw, it gives some nice aerial combos and sets up KO punch.

I like crash bomb alot, you can spam it more at range, but its more of a mindgame thing where danger wrap just straight up kills.
Wanna wifi now?

Teshie U

Smash Lord
GGs, I'm disappointed in PacMan's custom Up B variations.

edit: my palutena tho

Last edited:

Grapevine

Smash Rookie
NNID
ButtOut
So, I've been playing Smash 4 online tourneys and Anther's Ladder for a while, but I never bothered making a Smashboards Account until now. It's really cool to see that Houston has a local Smash 4 scene!
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to going to TGC, it looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to finally play people in person!

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Yea that counter is kind of good. Lucario and Greninja have that "autocounter" custom and its pretty neat for just jumping into stuff and winning.

Though I noticed the Lucario one wasn't invincible all the way through.

Zori

Smash Champion
I watched a couple of episodes of daredevil and I do like the direction, watched it at 3am and that might not of been the best idea considering it's pretty violent

I do like how it was all uploaded at once! It's perfect for binge watchers like me

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yea that counter is kind of good. Lucario and Greninja have that "autocounter" custom and its pretty neat for just jumping into stuff and winning.

Though I noticed the Lucario one wasn't invincible all the way through.
He's only invincible in the beginning iirc.
This. Think of it as a spotdodge which punishes automatically. Not very good imo. The stun one has uses, but regular Double Team is good...until you realize it has a major flaw very few people take advantage of.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
The Big House 5 was announced yesterday
Would anyone be interested in going in October?
I know it's a ways off and things will likely change in the coming months but I wanna see who'd be interested

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
The Big House 5 was announced yesterday
Would anyone be interested in going in October?
I know it's a ways off and things will likely change in the coming months but I wanna see who'd be interested
I'm partially interested. Although I heard there would be no PM there so I'd only be going for one game :/

Top Bottom