• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Denti

Smash Master
Question for all you old gens.

Did brawl start this way? Was it just Melee players *****ing about how rulesets and stages and playstyle were killing the game? How long did it take for them to realize they just didnt enjoy this new game?

As much as I dislike 2 stock and as dumb as I think 3 stock 7 minutes on wii fit studio is and as much as I enjoy custom moves I damn sure enjoy the game. Its fun enough for me to sacrifice some of it to play with other people. I wanna go to SA locals with dumb tgc rules, I wanna go to shockwave locals with 2 stock customs. I just don't get how people are so quickly caught up in this amount of salt and bickering all the time.

Seems like alot of people aren't willing to admit that the game is the problem. Not rulesets or playstyles.
Marry me

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
re: stream stuff

Twitch has a feature called "Hosting". If you are having trouble with multiple streamers in Houston doing different events on different accounts, use that function and host each other.
you can even make a centralized account, similar to TLOC, that will stream most events, and use it to host whenever a smaller event is being streamed by a different party.

Zori

Smash Champion
I really like the idea of a stream, aside from
money I could help on commentary. I still think I have a little bit to go with perfecting it but severely Texas smashers have said I have synergy with them or in general. I have a background with most of the current Houston smashers so I can provide that. I would need a partner more willing to talk about the technical aspects. (frame data etc.) and I think it would flow nicely. I'm ready to get Houston out the Stone Age :]

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This goes beyond what they were trying to test.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Given what they were trying to do with unifying the Wii U and 3DS, my guess is this next platform will combine both mobile and console elements into a single unit. It will be interesting to see on what they do.

I am even more curious if this will affect Sony or Microsoft in their future plans.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Everything Nintendo does, the others copy in some way.

I really feel like the WiiU will be done by 2017. It's selling worst than the GCN.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In a row? If not, no one cares.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
not sure if it was mentioned cuz I kinda skimmed, but on the topic of streaming, rather than having one sole streamer for all of houston, all you really need is one sole streaming channel that can be used by multiple users.

All you have to do is have someone make it, then authorize the other streamers to use the channel to stream their events, that way there is a solid stream that is dedicated to your region, but you don't have to have one player/group carry the burden of having to stream everything alone.

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
Be prepared for a fliphop gif in the near future.. ._. this dude just pulled off the sickest of combos last night.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Be prepared for a fliphop gif in the near future.. ._. this dude just pulled off the sickest of combos last night.
Whatever, I've seen the sick combos Azure Rathalos does to him into a cart.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Land of the vortex and home of the nerds.

I'd be down to help pitch in for a stream. I agree that it would benefit the community as a whole and advertise nicely towards the smash scene in general, attracting others and improving quality of tournaments. A list been made for all the items needed and their prices yet?

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Guys. No need to pitch in for a stream or anything.

My buddy is making an announcement today I believe.

SFC1 will literally have TWO streams. Both with full commentary. And since I am not entering I will do my absolute best to only get experienced people on the mic.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Good. It doesn't have to be a top player on stream commentary, just someone who can actually contribute and knows enough about the game/players to not sound dumb.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Yeah good times there. I placed pretty decent so I'm happy. I'm still happy about the dair spike on Flip (sorry) and taking game 1. But then yall started killing Kadin super early :(

Also I find Falco harder to deal with than Diddy to be honest. Dao's Falco shut me down...

Last edited:

TeamGreensleeves

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I’m posting both a proper introduction and an apology to several here.

First of all, We are Team Greensleeves! A large majority of us began playing smash bros competitively about a year and a half ago, going to locals and just having fun. A couple of us began in CStat, while others played at Insomnia and GFC. A year ago, I decided that throwing a crew together would be very enjoyable, so I asked my friends if they would all be willing to work together so that we could all improve together and enjoy the game even more. We continued this and simply played the game up until this January when the venue closest to a majority of us, GFC, closed down. Seeing our most frequent venue shut doors suddenly left us kinda lost, we had nowhere to go for monthlies in the area. That’s when I decided that the crew I started could do more. I paid for a capture card, and set up my desktop for streaming in hopes that somehow we could promote the community. We started bringing set ups to our local community college and tried our best to “find” the scene. It was around that time I got to know Krebs, and things completely changed. I personally discovered about how strong the Houston scene was. We have tons of great players all around, and that number of players is growing larger at each event. We started going to more events to stream/record whenever and wherever we were welcome, starting with Smash at the Dojo, several locals after that, we helped out at GameGuys at the Smash Team Day, and most recently had the pleasure of recording TGC.

To sum up our goals, we are striving to promote the Houston smash scene and the Houston players. This would also require, like many of y’all are discussing, more unification within the community. Instead of having several small streams, we want to be Houston’s one stream. We are avid believers in the One Unit and are wanting to stream whatever the community wants (I may have to draw a line at smash flash though). We consist of several members so that not all the streaming needs to be done by a single person, and this means our tournament show can and will be consistent. We are trying to follow a similar formula to both VGBC and TLOC, and put a heavy emphasis on our professionality. We are also trying to improve upon our commentary quality, and am looking for people who can do regular commentary for extended amounts of time, while promoting Houston.

Now for apologies. I wanted to say that we are very sorry for not having all the TGC footage uploaded yet. TGC was a very last minute event for us to go out and record, for we didn’t know that we would be able to record there until the evening before hand. Due to the last minute nature of the event we weren’t able to record in a fashion that would allow us to immediately upload the footage on a level of professionalism that we wanted for the channel and the Houston area. Over the course of the past two weeks though, I have learned how to edit video and have been able to clean up, edit, and upload both grand finals and loser’s finals, and the rest of the footage will be uploaded tomorrow.

That pretty much hits everything I had to say, and the entire team is looking forward to seeing Houston become one of the greatest smash scenes. See you at Smash Fight Club - GS_Sen

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Falco is one of those characters that people disregard because lolbad and no one plays but he DOES have tools. He's part of the mostly unexplored territory, just like Mii Swordsman...but look what happened there.

In other words, use more characters. You'd be surprised what you can learn just by spending maybe 10-15 minutes with every character, even "bad" ones.

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Krebs coming through. I've found your replacement Xyro. You can rest easy now.
Nobody can replace the old man. The old man is going to show his true green lesbian colors when he destroys Krebs in their $20 money match. Krebs will be forced to step down from Smash in shame and reevaluate his life. Then he will come back reborn! He will be known as the Green Lesbian's prison ***** until he redeems himself by challenging him again for a $50 money match plus a piggy bank at HOBO 12 Reborn! Mwahahaha! It's all part of Kreb's plan! He is the chosen one who will revive HOBO 12! Flippy is destined to win yet again! The old man will get so stressed out that he will start going bald and then I can truly call him an old man! Mwahahaha! I'm so bored...

Top Bottom