• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Both me and ct are getting off 4 ish, kj what are you going to do?
Would it be easier to pick me from Sync's? I can head there now, or try to head to ct's, It'll take 2 hours and some minutes, and a 30 min walk to the house, so I would be there around 4 if I left now

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
TO on FB says not to worry too much about the cap. I may be able to come through for singles if I get off work on time. Though anyone willing to let me borrow a controller? I dont think I can make it home in time to pick it up.

Edit: NM I'm good now.

Last edited:

Zori

Smash Champion
Leave now cause diving right into 5 o'clock traffic is never a good idea, if you get here at 4 that would be ideal but the real question is how are you getting back?

I really don't want to be late :( I also want to play a few warm up matches

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I can bus back the next morning from your place/ct's. Can you private message your number so we can message easier?
and by here you mean ct's or Sync's?

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
So the set up starts at three?
Call the venue and see when you can arrive to set up. I'll be there at 4:45 setting stuff up. Please bring whatever equipment you can.

Parking will be very bad so if you wanna park at the church down the street, we will come ferry you to the venue.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master

Only 1 day left to register for Aftershock!
Zero, Dabuz, Junebug, Denti, Dakpo, Aerolink, and more top players from around the Southwest will be competing! This will be the first true National tournament for Smash 4 that Texas has ever seen, so if you want to test your skills against some of the best players in the country, be sure to register.

Xyro77

You use customs. By default it's not a REAL national. Might as well use items too.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Lol so I guess evo isnt a real national either

More importantly, does anyone have Megafox's contact info? He's likely in the top 8 of the aftershock rankings so he gets free entry

Xyro77

evo 08 or 09 (Whichever had brawl) had items and smash balls.
evo 2015 has a 5min timer with customs.

Literally a joke tournament.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Lol so I guess evo isnt a real national either
Hasn't happened yet, no idea how much of a disaster it'll be just like APEX being talked down cause of the camping that happened making it longer and melee wanting their ancient Egyptian game to be played already.

Especially since the cause of all the camping has stated he'll do it more with customs now.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Not being negative, but I highly doubt Megafox is going. He doesn't like the ruleset either nor Dallas lol.

But he's reachable on Facebook I believe. Check the SA group on there?

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Trela is the GOAT. Mii Sword fighter, really?

Also KJ on the comeup. BC getting 4th out of 47 in Austin which is pretty good considering the Dallas Diddys showed up. They also apparently have very good ROB players in Austin with Sassy getting 3rd. We all know who ended up in grand finals...

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Alright so I've been thinking
Even though I'm pro custom if customs will end up like Meta Knight where we have to ban certain things or put restrictions to make it more "fair" (which it honestly probably will come down to) I think it would be for the best to ban customs

Last edited:

Xyro77

Trela is the GOAT. Mii Sword fighter, really?

Also KJ on the comeup. BC getting 4th out of 47 in Austin which is pretty good considering the Dallas Diddys showed up. They also apparently have very good ROB players in Austin with Sassy getting 3rd. We all know who ended up in grand finals...
Results thread?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Alright so I've been thinking
Even though I'm pro custom if customs will end up like Meta Knight where we have to ban certain things or put restrictions to make it more "fair" (which it honestly probably will come down to) I think it would be for the best to ban customs
That's pretty much one of the main points. If you start arbitrarily banning only specific customs based on it being "broken", it creates an unfair bias against that character's potential based on something that is not easily quantifiable. Ban the character or all customs.

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Results thread?
Hey there! I am one of the TO's in Austin and we should have a results thread up soon. I have never used this account so I can't make posts yet, but one of the other TO's is able to. I will try to have it up today.

Xyro77

Hey there! I am one of the TO's in Austin and we should have a results thread up soon. I have never used this account so I can't make posts yet, but one of the other TO's is able to. I will try to have it up today.
Ok awesome :)

The only reason I ask is so that when yall travel to other cities, we can look at your results and seed you all correctly.

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Ok awesome :)

The only reason I ask is so that when yall travel to other cities, we can look at your results and seed you all correctly.
Understandable. I have been meaning to start using Smash Boards more often to get more involved in the community anyways. Also, I am hoping to attend Smash Fight Club this weekend!

Top Bottom