• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I'd recommend Pit first of all.

Dark Pit is quite honestly the least "special" clone in smash history. He is EXACTLY the same except for 3 or 4 moves, all of which are downgrades because of the difference.

His voice acting is swag, and so is his victory theme, but you'll have more options with Pit.

@UltimateRazer

These japanese vines showcase so many things, that no one seems to know about over here.

More useful dashdancing https://vine.co/v/O0mvzJlwAHw
Rosalina's eternal suffering https://vine.co/v/Oj5UXvDhXd5
the more useful dash dancing is called dash dance pivot (DDP), used frequently in brawl, especially by sonic mains and marth mains. The inputs are easy to get down too, though the timings unique for each character, nice (and simple) addition to add to your movement options.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
There's different smash groups that meet up for weeklies on Facebook. It'll be good to reach out to them if you're looking to play with strictly smashers.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
I'm too lazy to actually look it up right now but what are the actuall differences between Dark pit and pit? Isn't dark put slightly stronger in some attacks while pit is faster

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Pit is definitely a high tier character
Anyway the differences are:
Pit's arrows are weaker by 2% but curve better
Pit's ftilt has stronger knockback
His arm sends foes at an upward angle killing more consistently
I think there's another but basically Pit is better slightly

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I should start playing again...

..nah.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
arrows are bad regardless and force the same situation no matter which one you use, it's only for forcing airdodges because they are going to avoid it offstage. You'd think pit's arrows would be more effective against characters that recover low but it doesn't do anything really.

Side b being a kill move is a pretty moot point considering it's just as if not more unsafe than an fsmash which will kill earlier anyway, dark pit's not only does more damage but puts them offstage which is a position he can deal with very well and get early gimps rather than praying your opponent is dumb enough to not shield at 150%. Not to mention dark pit's side b is way way waaaay better against rosalina, maybe some light characters can get cheesed by pit's side b but that's about it.

ftilt is a bad move so who cares if it does a little more damage, you shouldn't be using it in the first place.

Pit is a better character on paper, but there's really nothing but preference in which one you use, it doesn't make much of a significant difference outside of a few MUs to make it to the point where you wish you were using one instead of the other, other than having to listen to pit's horrid voice, that alone should make that **** not worth it

tl;dr - If you can use one pit, you can use the other, it's like having a character with custom moves while no one else does basically, you can pick the one that feels the most natural in a MU

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Good luck to all you Woopers tomorrow.

ChaosPandora

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosPandora
3DS FC
4656-8341-5529
I am going to S@DD tormorrow, but i lack a tv i can bring and an adapter, i can bring my game and wii u though

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I think zori might be dropping by but idk? Ik nk and gamma are going to S@add but don't think they're coming by Sync's

Zori

Smash Champion
Xyro and CT you know I'm like 45 mins from rice, how would that be humanly possible lol

Also Considering the fact that I get off at 5 there is no way

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I could be at syncs if that's easier too, or a place closer to where you're at. If its not possible to pick me don't worry about it.

https://youtu.be/gtMkeVWarTU I look at videos of brawl like this and wonder if smash 4 will ever be as deep/free-flowing...it's crazy how many things he did that you can't do in smash 4 anymore. Flashiest kirby I've ever seen as well.

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
Xyro and CT you know I'm like 45 mins from rice, how would that be humanly possible lol

Also Considering the fact that I get off at 5 there is no way
ya i was just about to say that. forgot you get off at 5. If you wanna be a real savage you can bus to my place if no one carpools from sync's house. you can also try to ask leaf, but idk if he's confirmed or not.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
ya i was just about to say that. forgot you get off at 5. If you wanna be a real savage you can bus to my place if no one carpools from sync's house. you can also try to ask leaf, but idk if he's confirmed or not.
what's your address? and how are you getting there?

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
I'll try to hitch a ride with zori, since he's like 5min from me.

If you truly are gonna bus then I'll pm you details.

Top Bottom