• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I think a Diddy Kong won that tournament.

Also, ain't nobody tryna play smash over here. If anyone swings through, you better be packing mario party 10 (tho i hear its terrible).

Damn, we need a direct. I'm fiending for some more info on splatoon.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
got my g-rank special permit, livin that top hunter life now.

holy **** almost everything one shots tho if you don't have 700 def

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, stuff will STILL one shot you even if you have 700+ def unless you have Divine Blessing/hone for defense/Defender skill proc. You basically CANNOT get hit by certain moves.

Even Capcom is saying git gud in a subtle way.

Last edited:

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Yeah good times there. I placed pretty decent so I'm happy. I'm still happy about the dair spike on Flip (sorry) and taking game 1. But then yall started killing Kadin super early :(

Also I find Falco harder to deal with than Diddy to be honest. Dao's Falco shut me down...
Villager hates Falco too for the same reason pretty much

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
ill give you $10 if you find out what happened and tell me.
Fliphop's Diddy beat a smasher named Lee Martin in GF and Xyro called it a fluke and is his worst tournament to this day in his opinion
I'll be receiving my $10 at SFC

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
Fliphop's Diddy beat a smasher named Lee Martin in GF and Xyro called it a fluke and is his worst tournament to this day in his opinion
I would give you the money but it was a "Onion Exclusive" Deal. Thanks Though ;)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Incomplete status, you left out too many details.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
To be honest. That's the WAYYYYYYYYYYYY shortened version. It misses 3 major components:

• Waking up on the morning of the tournament realizing that some of the classes I dropped from Engineering could potentially not drop and put me at a horrible position my first semester at UH.
  • Defeated The 3 Texas Brawl gods at that tournament. (Hylian, Sethlon, RoyR)
  • Lost to Lee Martin 3-0 in Winners Finals. I recall he said I wasn't hard, beat him 3-2 in 1st set of Grand Finals, then with the momentum and crowd by my side won 3-1 in the second set. I believe he went Snake on one of the matches and went on a rampage.
Side Note - Matches were never recorded so the hypeness was never shared to the world.
Side Note 2 - That's when I started becoming a top player in the Houston Brawl scene for that era.
Side Note 3 - Gnes vs Razer // Japes // Falco vs Snake.. That patience.

Now let's put this monster back to rest for now.

Xyro - Don't kill me when I post this. This is the last I will speak of it!

Edit: Onion with the power of 69% battery life lol.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's okay Flip. Legends never die, and I will never stop mentioning it, but only when necessary.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
To be honest. That's the WAYYYYYYYYYYYY shortened version. It misses 3 major components:

• Waking up on the morning of the tournament realizing that some of the classes I dropped from Engineering could potentially not drop and put me at a horrible position my first semester at UH.
  • Lost to Lee Martin 3-0 in Winners Finals. I recall he said I wasn't hard, beat him 3-2 in 1st set of Grand Finals, then with the momentum and crowd by my side won 3-1 in the second set. I believe he went Snake on one of the matches and went on a rampage.
Side Note - Matches were never recorded so the hypeness was never shared to the world.
Side Note 2 - That's when I started becoming a top player in the Houston Brawl scene for that era.

You're a God, Flip. Thanks for sharing this legendary story.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
The old man is going to kill us all when he sees this, lol. Worth. At least he's going to go bald faster.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion

I've never talked about it but this was my breakout tournament actually lol.

I got 4th and beat 2 of the Brawl gods (Hylian and Sethlon).
Gnes was a casuality.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
nah, there are some moves you can live if you have 700+ def that you can't live with like 630 def or so, but if you're fighting lvl 140 guild quest monsters, then they def have moves that one shot regardless

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Razer we both rose to the brawl scene at the same time. We eventually faced at Tomball Monthlies 1. ;) Pop gun lock at japes tho.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
nah, there are some moves you can live if you have 700+ def that you can't live with like 630 def or so, but if you're fighting lvl 140 guild quest monsters, then they def have moves that one shot regardless
That's what I mean. Unless you have one of those three effects and they proc, you will get OHKO by certain moves that were designed to OHKO. Guess that's why some Japanese players complained about game being too hard. They can't git gud.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
FlipHop, don't bother waking up early for TGC. You are banned from all future events.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You can't, he's an old gen. He's exempt.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I see someone has been scarred by Diddy in the past. Now his true form has been revealed and the suffering continues anew...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Europe has no shortage problems. I blame poor allocation based on bad sales predictions.

Top Bottom