• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Considering teaching cause of all vacation time but then i remember im socially ********
I know someone who is a teacher.

Don't do it. He hates it.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Xyro = Iron Man = Villager

All shoot missiles.
All run (amount of time is subjective).
All apathetic or psychopathic.

Also anyone know where/if there is a stream archive for Insomnia? I'm mega salty I lost to Weegee and want to see where I went wrong. Mario's rolls cover a short distance, but they have so little end lag. Dunno why I CPed him to Delfino, he got me early on a walk-off.

Anyone who watched our match, criticism please?

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Also anyone know where/if there is a stream archive for Insomnia? I'm mega salty I lost to Weegee and want to see where I went wrong. Mario's rolls cover a short distance, but they have so little end lag. Dunno why I CPed him to Delfino, he got me early on a walk-off.

Anyone who watched our match, criticism please?

Here's the link below.

http://www.twitch.tv/insomniavgc/b/634090399

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Delicious Focus skill, I've missed you so much...

Time to clean up Caravan and then earn the right to go to G-rank.

Last edited:

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
The quest for the Link armor is stupid annoying, if you don't have good team mates it's very frustrating.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Lol'd. ^ I missed this thread. Balancing an upcoming wedding, school, and outside life along with smash not working out too well. I'll get back into the scene eventually.

Aftershock looks like it'd be fun. Who all planning on going?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You got the S.Zinogre outfit?
Yeah, farmed it with a good group of people after getting to him in Caravan. I saw a few people with G-rank armor still cart to High Rank S.Zinogre. Amusing to say the least. Still have some Umbrages leftover and got two Maws from very first Brute Tigrex. I have like 5 Wyvern Gems because the game vomits rares for me. Still need to go back and get the other rares for fun. Dat luck tho. :)
The quest for the Link armor is stupid annoying, if you don't have good team mates it's very frustrating.
Is it High Rank armor or G-rank? Don't you need High Rank Kirin parts for it? Not worth it if you're already near G-rank, unless you are an armor collector.

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Incoming rant from a grumpy old man explaining why Aftershock is gay or something like that...

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Yeah, farmed it with a good group of people after getting to him in Caravan. I saw a few people with G-rank armor still cart to High Rank S.Zinogre. Amusing to say the least. Still have some Umbrages and got two Maws from Brute Tigrex. Dat luck tho. :)
Is it High Rank armor or G-rank? Don't you need High Rank Kirin parts for it? Not worth it if you're already near G-rank, unless you are an armor collector.
I want the armor. and yes high rank kirin parts are required, also gold rajang fur (dumb son goku monkey). The rest of the material is like Rathian and ZInogre stuff.
I'm going to have to do it 4 more times :'(
I already completed it once.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I want the armor. and yes high rank kirin parts are required, also gold rajang fur (dumb son goku monkey). The rest of the material is like Rathian and ZInogre stuff.
I'm going to have to do it 4 more times :'(
I already completed it once.
Ah, gotcha. Those are some silly materials to be required for it, but I understand why.

Flip, understood.

Last edited:

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Ah, gotcha. Those are some silly materials to be required for it, but I understand why.

Flip, understood.
I like how they tried to implement The Three Triforce Pieces with the monsters.
Courage, Wisdom, & Power. They got the power one down right on, I hate SS3 Rajang
I went in there with S.Ziggy full with only 3 thunder resistance thx to food lol, oh the horror.

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Did anyone ever get around to making a Houston smash Skype group? I'll prob end up making one if not.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
We all talk here. Houston thread is VERY active. Just like the old days. makes me happy.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What happened back then? Some sort of Hobo that was...I don't know, 11th or 13th in the series?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Back when Diddy was planning his holy empire. When he was considered "not good."

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
2008-2010 was super active. The old brawl Houston thread (the link is on the first page of this thread) hit over 100k posts and over 1million views By the time I made this smash 4 thread. I know this thread will reach that too after a few years.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
And your first word was "Like."

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
****. I'm so sorry for uttering the forbidden number! Xyro, please have mercy on my soul! I don't want to die at the tender age of 10! I still have a lot of likes to go before this thread dies! But if you must kill me, then so be it. I just have one last thing to say:
Flippy, avenge me! Like every post in this thread in my place! You are the chosen one!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Don't worry, any time Hobo 12 is mentioned, a tiny piece of Xyro's soul is consumed by darkness.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would totally go premium just to change my name to Hobo 12 if I was bored enough. Then end every post with "Fliphop is a god." Then the ride would truly never end.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, taking my time and balancing Caravan with Gathering Hall. If you don't get a specific item from late Caravan that helps with certain monsters in G-rank, then you will become a liability instead of credit to team. Yet another game design choice that was done to make sure you played both solo and multiplayer equally so that you would git gud.

I am at HR6 and just got to 9* in Caravan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom