• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Agreed, although I lose throwing ability, fox has a better pressure game and combo game. He gets combo'd but not as bad as Falcon.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Razer, I always thought you'd have a mean sheik if you ever picked her up. You've got the creativeness to make sheik completely different from everyone else's, similar to how megafox has a style with fox that you'd immediately recognize without even knowing beforehand.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Falcon's got that weight, so once he stops getting comboed, he starts surviving. Fox gets comboed and then he dies. He is fun though.

Maybe you should pick up Sonic instead though.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Oh god, if I picked up Sheik lol. Eh, I'd just rather not go top 2 in the game. More of a pride thing.
It'd be cool to see my FERAL fox vs megafox's FERAL fox. FERAL.

True tesh, but Falcon is kind of a "make this read and convert or take death/more damage". Fox is able to go in more and just have better options with laser and stuff. I'll be playing both. Maybe Little Mac on the side too.

F no to Sonic.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
The issue you have with Sonic is quite honestly possible with every fast character. Slow characters aren't viable without tremendous rewards and stage control for that very reason.

Being Sonic also means that won't ever happen to you.

You already play two characters in top ten, why limit yourself by refusing other options.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Well anyway, your Fox looked alright. I don't see what problems he would solve or matchups he would cover, but if he is more fun in some way, go for it.

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
This sickeness me. I never use smashboards and the day i do, i see all this ****, and trashtalk. instead of helping each other out or giving advice to one another, i log on and see this crap. i cant believe for a second, i thought the community was actually welcoming or at least supported their own local players.. k its cool tho.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
This sickeness me. I never use smashboards and the day i do, i see all this ****, and trashtalk. instead of helping each other out or giving advice to one another, i log on and see this crap. i cant believe for a second, i thought the community was actually welcoming or at least supported their own local players.. k its cool tho.
Mm everybody who "trashtalked" you, and win. That'll show em.

I could hold an event here on the 28th for those that don't go to aftershock
Please do. Paying 50+ to go to a large tourney to be cheesed isn't very appealing at all.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
It's not trash talk towards you bro. People in Houston definitely just have an issue with Diddy. Like I told you before, people have you on the rise in Houston. You should keep up with what you've been doing in wanting to beat people and get better. No doubt we'd want you and others to continue to go to tournaments. And definitely if you played someone from another city or state, we'd support you.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Don't believe the lies. They hate you and everything you stand for. For no reason.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Oh god, if I picked up Sheik lol. Eh, I'd just rather not go top 2 in the game. More of a pride thing.
It'd be cool to see my FERAL fox vs megafox's FERAL fox. FERAL.

True tesh, but Falcon is kind of a "make this read and convert or take death/more damage". Fox is able to go in more and just have better options with laser and stuff. I'll be playing both. Maybe Little Mac on the side too.

F no to Sonic.
Have you thought about what you're losing from going CF->Fox? Survavibility, which means less rage, and you as fox you have less KO power and far less KO options. (Literally ftilt dtilt and up b are the only things that don't kill as falcon) and as Tesh mentioned throw ability.

Just curious if you're doing this to cover mu (if so which) or as an actual main switch

Teshie U

Smash Lord
They thought he was a filthy casual with no smashboards account, but little did they know. He was waiting and watching to see their true colors. The intense salt of losing to a "random" as they would say.

This is basically cyberbullying now.

Falcon's dtilt does kill. Very well actually. It sends you at a nasty angle like Ganon Ftilt and if you aren't dead immediately around 120%, you won't make it back with most characters.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Diddy is an ugly character, just like MK in Brawl. If you only do one move and win, people won't like your ugly character. Make it less ugly and show you know how to play different and people will respect it.

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
Its not all of yall. its cool, i see how the houston community is. gives me a better reason now to actually practice the **** out of diddy.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Its not all of yall. its cool, i see how the houston community is. gives me a better reason now to actually practice the **** out of diddy.
Good.

You should strive to have Diddy that actually impresses people beyond the braindead grabs and combos.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
It's not trash talk towards you bro. People in Houston definitely just have an issue with Diddy. Like I told you before, people have you on the rise in Houston. You should keep up with what you've been doing in wanting to beat people and get better. No doubt we'd want you and others to continue to go to tournaments. And definitely if you played someone from another city or state, we'd support you.
How dare you try to speak for all of us. After you tried to counterpick the poor lad, then you attempted to steal the win with your game 5 captain cheese. Its no wonder the salt was more than you could handle. You are just jealous of whispy's skill. We've all seen your Falcon dashgrabbing all day and the moment you see someone with skill start getting grabs and doing real combos (just like melee) you want to bring out the trash talk and salt.

In light of recent events I'd like Whispy to take Grim's spot on the PR.

Top 5 should be Trela, Flip, Whispy, Kadin and Dao.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
They thought he was a filthy casual with no smashboards account, but little did they know. He was waiting and watching to see their true colors. The intense salt of losing to a "random" as they would say.

This is basically cyberbullying now.

Falcon's dtilt does kill. Very well actually. It sends you at a nasty angle like Ganon Ftilt and if you aren't dead immediately around 120%, you won't make it back with most characters.
I wanted to say dtilt kills because of the Ganon ftilt like knockback it gives but feared someone saying that it "technically" doesn't "kill"

Anyone else feel like the characters who (will) do well against diddy will be short/low the ground characters? They don't have to respect sh fair as much so that's one less option to think about during close quarters situations, they don't have to hold shield in fear of an instant kick in the face when they're within dash range of diddy.

Granted that's only one situation, but it's definitely a common one I see.
Tall character >diddy's nearby, he can sh fair me or dash grab me, which should i do.
Short character> diddy's nearby, he can....dash grab me. time to bait and punish

Oc it's not that simple but those are usually the 2 immediate threats.

Also being shorter makes it way easier to dodge monkey flip.

Thoughts?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
What KJ says holds true. Smaller characters are usually better options in general for most match ups.

Whispy - Represent yourself to the fullest. I told you at the beginning from our Facebook chats that people are most likely going to cheer against you for playing Diddy in general. Place well at the tournament on the 21st and shut all the haters up. Best you can do.

Xyro/Tesh, I recorded the videos on my Wii U btw.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
What KJ says holds true. Smaller characters are usually better options in general for most match ups.

Whispy - Represent yourself to the fullest. I told you at the beginning from our Facebook chats that people are most likely going to cheer against you for playing Diddy in general. Place well at the tournament on the 21st and shut all the haters up. Best you can do.

Xyro/Tesh, I recorded the videos on my Wii U btw.
Or they'll all just be salty from losing to Diddy

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

1. You never use smashboards? No wonder you don't see a "welcoming community." You just so happened to stumble into a particular convo that isn't rainbows and butterflies. Don't judge a community by a few posts.

2. This community is 99% welcoming and always has been since the brawl days. Why else do all of our events consistently bring in tons of players? If we were so bad, people wouldn't return.

3. You main the best character in the game who doesn't EVER have a disadvantageous situation. Get use to criticism and don't take it to heart.

4. Actually meet with us and talk with us. Every person posting here is a decent human being. Even me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I was going to say something about
"wow you guys are kinda sickening with the 'he's trash, just uses diddy, it's just diddy'" stuff.

Like, hate on the character forever, the moment you start insulting the player for it... (I would take it more as people having no idea who you are more so than the community being angry nerds though, "outsiders" will always get a poor reception)
Whispy, whoever you are, it'll be 50x easier to fit in if you just agree Diddy is gay and that because you know this, you are in fact 'not gay'. It's honestly the best thing about Houston, the logic.

Gay Weed may make you gay, but denying the gay weed also makes you gay. So, be gay. Be happy.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
1. You never use smashboards? No wonder you don't see a "welcoming community." You just so happened to stumble into a particular convo that isn't rainbows and butterflies. Don't judge a community by a few posts.

2. This community is 99% welcoming and always has been since the brawl days. Why else do all of our events consistently bring in tons of players? If we were so bad, people wouldn't return.

3. You main the best character in the game who doesn't EVER have a disadvantageous situation. Get use to criticism and don't take it to heart.

4. Actually meet with us and talk with us. Every person posting here is a decent human being. Even me.
This is a really good post. Listen to this Whispy.

Also yeah, I'm not attacking Whispy as player/person. He's a cool dude.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I'll get that money match someday
Also thanks Onion for six alerts
Please stop

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gay Weed may make you gay, but denying the gay weed also makes you gay. So, be gay. Be happy.
...wtf is this???

Last edited:
Top Bottom