• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It capped at 64.

A peach/Ganon got top 7
Krebs (villager) beat Dao
Top 3 flip (diddy), grim (falcon), whispy (diddy) in some order.
Asa (ness olimar) got 4th.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
It's a mix of both. You started playing too nervous game 5. That and you gave Whispy momentum after he won 2 straight.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Whispy is good. All those years of getting his *** kicked in Brawl are starting to pay off for him

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's definitely diddy.

If Yoshi was as good as people are making him out to be everywhere in the world, I'd be winning literally everything.
But no.....

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It all comes back to are you fighting the person's skill, or fighting the game's mechanics.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I played against whispy in doubles at TGC...he was just rolling around banana in hand trying to hit confirm into hoo hah...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Whispy is good. All those years of getting his *** kicked in Brawl are starting to pay off for him.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Whispy is good. All those years of getting his *** kicked in Brawl are starting to pay off for him.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
I played against whispy in doubles at TGC...he was just rolling around banana in hand trying to hit confirm into hoo hah...
Doesn't sound like a bad strategy for doubles... sadly. He's not good in dubs like he is singles

Edit: yeah I'm Villager

Last edited:

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
YO

Krebs here

I am fully aware of the tourney drought and I was going to do another teams tourney this month, but canceled due to school/work/life.

The April lineup for HTX is April 11th Sm4sh team day 2 (STD2 lmao). 2v2, 4v4, 1v1 evo ruleset with a strict setup x 4 entrant cap.
(Basically a side event day)

April 25th is TGC2, just ya forgetful peeps <3

May has TX Showdown and ComicPalooza.

There are Tuesday Weeklies in Sugarland, small but getting bigger.
Katy ATM has TWO SCENES going. They both are barely finding out about each other now.

And well, SFC1 is looking to be the biggest tourney I have ever hosted in my life. With confirmation from SA and Dallas (I messaged them for confirmation, and that was why I added them to the trailer)
this is going to be big.

Plus the Cypress vs Katy hype has been growing in our scene. Katy already held a tourney to bring together their top 5, they called it a crew battle qualifier.

1. Karna
2. Kadin
3. Knife
4. JewMuffin
5. Pinoy

I am going to be doing the same sometime during the break, or next week. LMK if you are from Cypress. So far the favorites/top players from Cypress are BC, NK, ToT, Weegee, Krebs, Pachi, Dskro (he beat Pinoy in a local).

For more info about anything HTX tourney related (like the Sugarland weeklies and Katy tourneys) HMU on FB. Smashboards doesn't have a mobile app which is why i'm not on here frequently. I'm a busy dude, always on the go. So FB messenger (on mobile), Houston Smash 4, or any other FB group is the best way to reach me.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Thanks BROTINI.

Anyways, I'm picking up Fox I think. I really like him and he plays similar to Falcon. Guys at Insomnia, thoughts on how it looked?

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I think you might continue to be disappointed as your opponents are handed free kills, while you struggle and style only to build their rage for more hoo hah.

Just pick up Diddy

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Fox is good, he just has similar problems to Falcon. Exploitable recovery, gets comboed easily and doesn't kill so well vs people shielding. Fox doesn't even really have the powerful mixups and late killing throws Falcon has out of a grabs either.

Top Bottom