• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
anyone on the amiibo hunt, what is the website that catalogs every retailers stock and when they have a certain amiibo up for sale? currently trying to lock down a few Ness and Charizards

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not sure, but no US stores have announced reserves for Wave 4 yet.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This coming Friday and Sunday will be fun. MK will be HVI out of the three.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
which ones are friday and which ones are sunday? Don't wanna wait at 6 am at the wrong store awkwardly, I wanna wait at the right store awkwardly

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucario for Friday, Rosalina and MK on Sunday. Prioritize MK over Rosalina. Some Targets are supposed to get like 20+ extra Rosalinas, but Best Buys might get like 5 or so after pre-orders. I know of a Best Buy next to a Target so...gotta go in.

Shulk is the wild card at this point, he's not until 2/13 unless Gamestop gets him earlier.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Ya'll see the front page?

Sounds like Nintendo is planning to reveal Splatoon's 1v1 mode at Apex.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
might try to get lucario but he's not too high on my list. The 20+ rosalina thing was the amount distributed to the entire area, not just one store.

Works out for me regardless, best buy is on the way home from the target I'm going to

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Didn't we already know that? 1vs1 offline, single player and online multi.
They never said anything about 1v1 or ANY offline multiplayer.

The way they have been hyping the rather insignificant gamepad functionality, it doesnt sound like it even can work for local multiplayer.

They might just have a 1v1 For Glory deathmatch type of thing for those of us bad at teaming up.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I wannna see a lvl 50 Diddy aiimbo trained to dthrow up air.
Or better yet an amiibo that counters the current diddy meta

Last edited:

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Flukes don't determine anything
Not really a fluke, you could say ESAM played amazing or that M2K played like hot garbage but Pika has the tools to beat diddy. Watch the match and look at how ESAM closed down the space with quick attacks and thunder jolts. He didnt really have to worry about bananas because how he completely took them out of the game

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In Xyro's world, something happening just once is a fluke unless it happens again. So, by this logic, something amazing say...Gnes winning MLG Brawl Championship was a fluke even though he had a ******** hard bracket and had to put in work in some of those matches (doesn't matter, all flukes obviously). But since there was only ONE MLG Brawl Championship, it will forever stay a fluke, mind you one that earned Gnes $10,000.

Tl;dr version: Xyro thinks Gnes got lucky, so obviously Esam got lucky as well, hurrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Looks like MK amibo might not come this Sunday. What a shame...

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just shop around for Sheik. Target and Toys R Us should have them. I suspect both stores will have more ready by the time their store exclusives come out this Friday/Sunday.

It all depends how much time/gas/your soul you are willing to sacrifice.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
There's a Gamestop near me in walking distance
I'll probably check there first

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gamestop has not received Sheik yet from my understanding. Target and TRU are your best bets. They only thing they have now is Bowser, but they are allowed to put anything out since no street date. They are wild card status.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Who saw ESAM beat mew2king pika vs diddy? Been saying pikachu is a Diddy counter.

How does one win determine a character is a counter? Was this super recent or something, or are you talking about when esam beat him, then lost to him in GFs of the same tourney?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
When your main game plan is to get the grab to down throw - up air/forward air, you can easily get exploited.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
RT incorrectly assumes a lot about my views. Disregard anything he says. If you want to know/believe anything about me or my opinions, ask ME.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, it's always a fluke to you when someone does good something the first time.

You don't make exceptions to any of your views/rules, unless there is an ulterior motive.

You're not as complex as you think you are. You're as transparent as the air we breathe. I could vomit something up more complex and researchers would dedicate their lives trying to figure out what it is.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
When do you leave for Apex, Flip? We should get in some more WiFi matches before you leave.
I leave Thursday evening. I should be available tonight. I got to DJ the Rockets game, pick up my shirts, and 64 controller. Then head home lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I leave Thursday evening. I should be available tonight. I got to DJ the Rockets game, pick up my shirts, and 64 controller. Then head home lol.
Oh lord, you entered 64? Don't forget what happened last time...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Flip's got it on the money. M2K doesn't try anything extraordinary as Diddy. He really just sideBs, grabs, and uairs with absolutely no variants to the strategy outside of rogue fairs and peanuts.
It makes sense for ESAM to beat a player who limits themselves to only 3 options at best. :applejack:

Last edited:

Xyro77

Nah, it's always a fluke to you when someone does good something the first time.
Incorrect. its easy to see when a situation is a fluke or not. "does good the first time" can and cannot determine a fluke. it depends.

You don't make exceptions to any of your views/rules, unless there is an ulterior motive.
I make exceptions/change my mind all the time. i dont follow any sort of personal rule.

You're not as complex as you think you are.
i am most def not complex. thats nerd $h!t. im an average guy who does what he wants.

You're as transparent as the air we breathe.
I bet your entire bank account you cant see through me like you do air.

I could vomit something up more complex and researchers would dedicate their lives trying to figure out what it is.
Uh, i guess thats a good thing? if so, uh, congrats?

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Flip's got it on the money. M2K doesn't try anything extraordinary as Diddy. He really just sideBs, grabs, and uairs with absolutely no variants to the strategy outside of rogue fairs and peanuts.
It makes sense for ESAM to beat a player who limits themselves to only 3 options at best. :applejack:
That's why I have a feeling majority of the Diddy's will fizzle out from top 8 cause all the other characters will exploit this weakness. Then everybody will be like DON'T BAN DIDDY BLAH BLAH. Increase down throw's ending lag and nerf up air knockback and speed. Bam, Nobody will use him no more lol. He has way more tools than people cut him for.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You've shown us true darkness. It both amuses and frightens me. Always keep it hidden...

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 You can lie to yourself, but you can't lie to me. I know a part of you considered that win a fluke. Ever since he beat you with Kirby, you've held a grudge, then he changed to MK and beat you, then he changed to Diddy and beat you. Yes, I know your history quite well...

Xyro77

You've shown us true darkness. It both amuses and frightens me. Always keep it hidden...

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 You can lie to yourself, but you can't lie to me. I know a part of you considered that win a fluke. Ever since he beat you with Kirby, you've held a grudge, then he changed to MK and beat you, then he changed to Diddy and beat you. Yes, I know your history quite well...
1. MLG wasn't a fluke. He literally lost 1 game, never a set, (vs esam i think) the entire bracket. if anything, that one loss was the fluke.

2. He also beat me with Fox and pit....so what? All of those characters he beat me with over the years ALL counter Samus (samus is like 4th worst out of 37 characters) so yeah id hope he would beat me lolololol. It be pretty bad if he couldnt.

3. You THINK you know me and my history but you dont. You never have and never will. you incorrectly assume stuff and allow yourself to believe it. fear not, i will always be here to shoot you down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom