• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
My new tag is ForFliphop

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sorry Leaf, this is what you wanted.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It simple.

DO NOT support custom move events and DO NOT host them, advertise them or speak well of them.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Anyone wanna wifi?
I'd be down to wi-fi sometime. I sent you an invite.

Also, SAM1 was a great experience. It was nice meeting some of the Houston players I've never seen in person before and San Antonio players as well. Drive to there sucked with heavy rain, although I did not see any green clouds on the way there. Also, my carpool was fun.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For those of us that did see the green clouds, we were scared of dying. It looked like a nuke or maybe The Hulk coming into existence.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hobo
Lives

SilentDrumr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Silentdrumr
Hey guys, been away from the competitive scene for a while. Was a mario main in brawl (wooo low tiers!) and now I'd like to try my hand at smash 4.
Lookin forward to TGC and meeting some of you guys again.
Hopefully I don't get blown away immediately and get to show off some mario stuff.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
So I've decided against getting a wii u and smash 4. I was putting it off since I wasn't sure, but I figure after putting in years into Brawl and going to lots of tournies and actually trying my hardest to do well and never once being able to win more than 2 sets at a tourny (most I'd not win a single set, or would somehow manage to win 1 set and then get horribly destroyed afterwards) that it won't be worth it to repeat the same for smash 4. I'm not cut out for competitive smash, so I'll probably move on to other stuff. I had a lot of fun times while in the scene, and I'm rooting for you guys. Make Texas the #1 state for smash.

:059:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
someone please help me save Cstat from becoming a custom move region.... i dont want slip sapling villager to ruin my day
whats cstat?

anyway, if you are a TO and your people are clamouring for something new, don't fight it.

If it winds up sucking, it won't last long.

Unfortunately, there are some pretty hardcore zoning characters that people don't want to see get any stronger in that regard. People always hate zoners.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
whats cstat?

anyway, if you are a TO and your people are clamouring for something new, don't fight it.

Unfortunately, there are some pretty hardcore zoning characters that people don't want to see get any stronger in that regard. People always hate zoners.
People just don't want the game to become more campy and travel down the path that Brawl took. Most people do not enjoy sitting through 16-minute sets.

Last edited:

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
whats cstat?

Cstat is short for College Station. I don't normally TO for smash 4 up there cause it is not really my territory.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
So I've decided against getting a wii u and smash 4. I was putting it off since I wasn't sure, but I figure after putting in years into Brawl and going to lots of tournies and actually trying my hardest to do well and never once being able to win more than 2 sets at a tourny (most I'd not win a single set, or would somehow manage to win 1 set and then get horribly destroyed afterwards) that it won't be worth it to repeat the same for smash 4. I'm not cut out for competitive smash, so I'll probably move on to other stuff. I had a lot of fun times while in the scene, and I'm rooting for you guys. Make Texas the #1 state for smash.

I wouldn't give up 100% just yet. Just using this past weekend as example, Paw beat me in winners and it wasn't a fluke. He legitimately got better and surprised me. Not saying he was terrible in Brawl or anything but he showed improvement with the new game and almost got top 8. Cause then I obliterated him into the dark corners of time.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
someone please help me save Cstat from becoming a custom move region.... i dont want slip sapling villager to ruin my day
Have they been hosting smash Wii U tournaments with customs legal?

Also does anyone up there use Villager?

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
People just don't want the game to become more campy and travel down the path that Brawl took. Most people do not enjoy sitting through 16-minute sets.
Its all relative. Custom moves improve approaching , camping, recovery and gimping options.

If you enjoy camping, you probably won't enjoy Palutena's custom moves.
If you enjoy gimping, you probably won't enjoy Ganondorf's custom moves.
And likewise, if you enjoy rushdown you probably won't enjoy Villager's custom moves.

The game is young and its not the best time to kill off aall attempts to try something new. Unless they are running 3DS, i don't see it turning out too well. Its alot of work on Wii U for a pretty volatile issue. Major TOs aren't even allowing the customs easily available on all wii u systems (miis, palutena).

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Have they been hosting smash Wii U tournaments with customs legal?

Also does anyone up there use Villager?
we have had like 3 small weeklies (max attendance being 12) no one uses villager but coming after this break i imagine more people will start to play and i bet there will be a villager there. I can work on the ditto.... I think sometime this semester (sometime around mid-late Feb or March) we are planning on hosting a regional of some sort and im gonna push for Smash4 to be in it, fingers crossed!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Its all relative. Custom moves improve approaching , camping, recovery and gimping options.

If you enjoy camping, you probably won't enjoy Palutena's custom moves.
If you enjoy gimping, you probably won't enjoy Ganondorf's custom moves.
And likewise, if you enjoy rushdown you probably won't enjoy Villager's custom moves.

The game is young and its not the best time to kill off aall attempts to try something new. Unless they are running 3DS, i don't see it turning out too well. Its alot of work on Wii U for a pretty volatile issue. Major TOs aren't even allowing the customs easily available on all wii u systems (miis, palutena).
I do agree getting all the customs is pretty booty. It took me about a month to get them all, and I played solo pretty frequently. I doubt other Smashers would even care to get half the custom moves.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
I do agree getting all the customs is pretty booty. It took me about a month to get them all, and I played solo pretty frequently. I doubt other Smashers would even care to get half the custom moves.
correct, i tried unlocking the majority of them on 3DS but when i found out i gotta unlock them all again on wii u i got bummed out and havent even tried again

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos

Nah brah, unless it's digging deep into your pockets, I doubt you should leave us. It's the thrill of the game, unless you're into the thrill of the win. I enjoy our sets whenever you come down to SA, games be rad, but being self-proclaimed worst SA player [of the pro scene], I'm around the same boat. The skill gaps there since Brawl, but I'll be damned if I didn't believe myself to be inching closer, including playing down-to-the-wire matches with playas like ya and more. Otherwise, godspeed to your other life.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼

ay have a great life playa

Top Bottom