• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
Looks like Houston is coming through to take my money. I haven't played many top players outside of San Antonio. I hope I can get some matches with you all.

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
sorry BC, I think leaf's carpool is full as well. me him, Kirby, and TVBlaze
contact him just to make sure though.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
nintendo sells refurbished ones for $200, you just have to get them when they are in stock. As for adapters, just do this

"Your customer service person might get a bit confused, but keep at it. As long as it's listed as available at the warehouse they can order it for you.
-Go to your local BestBuy
-Go to customer service desk
-Tell them you want to place an OMS order from the warehouse for SKU#7522006 (in the US) or Code Web#10172249 (in Canada)*
-If they still don't know what you're talking about ask them to launch order management system from POS and
follow the on screen prompts. Every best buy has access to these. (thanks u/ReplyYouDidntExpect)
-Have it shipped to your house for free
-Wait impatiently and laugh at GameStop
Notes:
*A couple reports thus far indicate that it will not work in Canada but we are seeing a lot of inconsistency here in the US as well so it's worth your effort to check. Please report your success or failure to help out.
*It is looking like some stores have them in the warehouse and some don't. You are going to have to check and see which category your store falls into.
The price is $20 with free shipping.
You cannot do this over the phone because they use two different systems, one of which they cannot do over the phone for whatever reason.
I just placed my order so this does work. My shipping estimate is 1/2/15.
Proof: http://imgur.com/LdYJp0H
Good luck!"
You could buy a used Wii U for 200ish from Nintendo and just sell the gamepad if you don't need it. Those things are EXPENSIVE enough that the console could wind up being a net cost of under 100.

Adapters are simply going to be pricey until more ship to stores.

Anyway, for SAM we have

Razer
+Gnes, Trela, RT

Leaf
+RunCT,TVblaze, ???

Knife
+Gamma, Tesh, maybe Asa

Flip
+bananas
Thanks for the help guys. They are currently out of stock on nintendo, but ill check the site periodically and hopefully they get some more soon. As for the adapter, I will just try and find the lowest price I can. I have a best buy near me, but other ones aren't so close. I'll let yall know if I have any luck there. But yeah, gamestops witht the bundles are solt out everywhere. : /

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I'll be free most the weekend Xyro. I don't know what happened to Zori but I'd be down to meet up sometime.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I enjoyed today's tourny. I believe it ran pretty smoothly, even with the unexpected loss of the back room. Was fun having Houston Dallas and Corpus here in sa, just like old times. Shout outs to all the people I played in bracket and gj @ Nike. Nike. as T.O!

P.S. Rage tippers are too stronk.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I bet all the sets were super hype with zero to deaths clutch final stocks and three stock comebacks just for the fact I can't see what happened ;-;

Last edited:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
My car might have fit another person in it, but the back would have been a bit cramped. x.x
I should check the Houston thread more often.

That tournament was fun. I'm ready for the results thread.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I bet all the sets were super hype with zero to deaths clutch final stocks and three stock comebacks just for the fact I can't see what happened ;-;
lol wrong game
grats to denti winning, also @ leaf's comeup

who'd denti go? diddy?

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
What's the best way/site to upload the TIO bracket image to the internet? I used to do photobucket but it really shrinks the image and makes it almost unreadable.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I only had a few replays saved, will upload soon.

I was under the impression Tourney Locator would be recording. Whoops...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Luigi confirmed best character by the Amiibo battles I just had. It won over Diddy, Fox, Yoshi, Pikachu, Falcon, Villager, and DK (wild card).

If you are not using Luigi, you will be doomed for the next 6 years.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Luigi confirmed best character by the Amiibo battles I just had. It won over Diddy, Fox, Yoshi, Pikachu, Falcon, Villager, and DK (wild card).

If you are not using Luigi, you will be doomed for the next 6 years.
the true 20XX, level 50 Luigi Amiibo

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Likewise. It's been too long since I've been to one, surprised I didn't drop down more on PR. Houston went to work at SAM though, good ****.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You mean, might be the only WINNER going to Apex.
#FliphopislegitDiddy

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No Fliphopping. If you SD even once, you will probably lose the set.

Top Bottom