• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
i'm sure roy's pretty rusty but 4 stocking him in tournament? that's just impossible. he won't be winning the tournament though that's for **** sure

von: have you ever played roy?

also, me and ronnie are gonna win doubles

i'm looking to make some money at this tournament, i'm tired of goin easy on you guys. i'm makin top 3 for sure in singles, winnin doubles, and winnin every single one of my money matches. who wants a 5$ money match?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
This sounds like music to my ears. I will be purchasing the prizes Wednesday cause this is gettin hype. If Roy comes back for good to melee "If he gets 4 stocked and gets his a$$ beat" then Houston, we will have a problem. Melee resurrection will be upon us. :]

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
yeah but i think i'd rather just do a regular 2/3 or 3/5 then the elimination thing, then depending on how all my mm's go we can do the elimination mm after. anybody else want a mm? dawn? von? timerbomb? paul? roy? velox? gabe? new people? i'm callin yall out!

G@BE

Smash Lord
I'm super bad at this game Mouff and I don't think ill be coming... or ever play again.

so... let's just say you win D:

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
LOLOLOLOL so much hype....but from what I've heard someone of my status or possibly even a little lower should easily be able to 4 stock Roy_R. The only problem is not eliminating one another before getting to him xD

@James:No...............................................................YESSSSSS

And the only reason he would ever get top 5 is if there were only 5 players entered or maybe a few extra really sucky ones but I doubt that will happen.
wow...some true ignorance right here

This sounds like you want to be the 1 to do the job. I like that. sybawavy will be 4 stocking mr. roy r and winning my prize. Yess i found someone that wants to get hired for the job. Dont make it look to easy. Pleaseee....;)
(sigh) de angelo you too? :laugh:

i'm sure roy's pretty rusty but 4 stocking him in tournament? that's just impossible. he won't be winning the tournament though that's for **** sure

von: have you ever played roy?

also, me and ronnie are gonna win doubles

i'm looking to make some money at this tournament, i'm tired of goin easy on you guys. i'm makin top 3 for sure in singles, winnin doubles, and winnin every single one of my money matches. who wants a 5$ money match?
tell 'em mouf!! (you suck in this game btw lol)

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
alrite sounds good abdk i'll be there a little after 1, hopefully i can still join teams

Jake13

Smash Lord
but gaaaaabe, i can go now :( you gotta go, n we'll all go out to eat again and this time i won't leave early, pwomise! <3

srsly tho, got off work. can't wait to playyyyyyy

edit: mouf five bucks 3/5 my falco v your whatever (we were gonna do my falco your peach last time, but i don't care what you pick)

ALSO! I will mm ANYONE for ANY AMOUNT! (srsly, dolla mms are the way to go)

happy hunting guys :)

Velox

Smash Ace
I'll mm u for a dollar Jake, I played terribly shaky last Hobo and want to make it up. Actually 2$ so that I'm not THAT cheap heh..

I'm not FOR certain I can go yet though, but if I do.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Jake you should MM Broly....for $50 xD

GG today guys who I played with lol James Dawn and Fear xD

I will play one more time this week somewhere Idk where though but someone call me if they want to play. I am looking at Wednesday.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
So you just gimped one of his good stages and took away one of his best Marth counterpicks....that's a compromise?

Lol if he agrees to this take away like YS or something that James hates fighting Marth on

Velox

Smash Ace
nobody likes to play a chaingrabbing Marth on Final Destination.. I can get around lasers easily.

yeah, I wasn't gunna play Yoshi's Story either. Just like Fountain or something is fun/neutral.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I do want to get some Melee friendlies at Hobo 20, even though I am terrible at this game. :)

Velox

Smash Ace
heh, hopefully this tournament gets enough people to have a distinct "row that is in the front" heh.

There's this dude at UH named "The_Smash_Champ" who's pretty good that I think might go as well. I'll see if I can let him know about it.

and... omg Rammstein avatar..

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This sounds like music to my ears. I will be purchasing the prizes Wednesday cause this is gettin hype. If Roy comes back for good to melee "If he gets 4 stocked and gets his a$$ beat" then Houston, we will have a problem. Melee resurrection will be upon us. :]
royr does not play melee and will never return to its dead scene. even if he does play it here and there(which i doubt) he is not even close to what he was back in the day.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
TSC is all right lol and we know who he is. He's old.

And too bad none of the Marth's in Houston can CG on FinalD

EDIT: Who won't fourstock Velox??? (OHO DANg)

Velox

Smash Ace
I can't 4 stock Velox, he's too good. He beats me all the time in tournaments. heh

heh, what? Why can't we CG in Houston? I think the tech skill of the players here is actually pretty good..

oh btw, here's a video for all those Gabe doubters out there - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlid_on6KGE&NR=1 that's the Falcon I remember. I'm just sayin..

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
i think marth has the advantage against falco on final destination but sadly it's true; marths around here don't really chaingrab consistently. i haven't played yours in awhile though velox but i don't think i've played a marth in houston that actually really ***** FD. instead they usually **** it up with misplaced uptilts or they f smash too soon or just miss the grab altogether.

and yo dojo do you wanna do any mm's?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
royr does not play melee and will never return to its dead scene. even if he does play it here and there(which i doubt) he is not even close to what he was back in the day.
Everyone in this thread. Prove this "green lesbian" wrong and show up this saturday. I think melee would get 30+ people this time and if it gets that amount of people. You can bet yo a$$ ill be sponsoring some green next tys. Me and roy had a good convo and he already told me that if melee has even a small scene (20+), he will be coming back. We shall see this sat....:p

You know usually when you want to brag about someone you show a **** video of them or something...you know like how the rest of the smashboards community is doing with this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI4OhTsTcQo

And no one has a good enough Marth here in Houston to do it consistently to be scared off of FD
I think dojo might of had a bad day or something. Not JOHNING but He will go hard next time. If he doesnt get the job done then roy r will.:chuckle:

MM 20 dollars next hobo I go to. Marth vs Falco
Arent you going to this hobo =/

Dojo

Smash Champion
Lol I hadn't played Melee but like twice since Brawl came out before that tourney and still took him to game 5.

/johns

Nah I'm not going to this one or 21 I don't think. This one I'm chilling with friends and fam at home for my bday. I probably won't make 21 because I'm going to Fl for a national the week after. Gotta save some cash.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
nobody likes to play a chaingrabbing Marth on Final Destination.. I can get around lasers easily.

yeah, I wasn't gunna play Yoshi's Story either. Just like Fountain or something is fun/neutral.
Didn't I 4-stock your Marth

...with Falco

...on Yoshi's Story

...in tournament?

:)

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
Pride Match me lol and I'm not sure if I'm entering singles I feel like just sitting around doing PMs

(scurrrd)
oh HELL no, with all the **** you've been talking you'd better enter singles. i mean pride matches are cool and all but i think you might be taking it a little too far. true test of skill - doing good in tournament. as in, beating people you've never played before. you'd better enter singles, what is this **** cmon man

dojo: i just do 5$ mm's

dojo's not bad at melee, definitely alot better than i expected em to be

edit: allan, as far as melee being dead goes...i know that it's old and the scene will never be as big or enthusiastic as it used to be but as long as there are still enough people to form tournaments i'll still play, because i enjoy playing it. i joke about brawl sucking a lot but i don't really care about the whole brawl/melee argument

Sybawave

Smash Ace
"oh HELL no, with all the **** you've been talking you'd better enter singles. i mean pride matches are cool and all but i think you might be taking it a little too far. true test of skill - doing good in tournament. as in, beating people you've never played before. you'd better enter singles, what is this **** cmon man"

Exactly the response I wanted lol but why does it always come from you? xD Stop taking my troll bait

Of course I'm still going to enter I might as well raise my tournament skills whenever I can so I can get used to the feeling since it happens all the time not just in smash. But I still think that Pride Matches determine who the better player is. Set it up however you want to have yourself play at your best.

I get nervous in tournament and I nearly won the HOBO

/johns

Dojo

Smash Champion
Alright Mouf that's cool.

I pretty much only play Falco. So Falco vs anybody is cool. With nobody to really practice with it's hard to get better, especially with other characters. My tech skill is a **** ton better then it was though.

Top Bottom