• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Sybawave

Smash Ace
xD Good luck lol let's see if you can do it this time around =P

Bacn fails...

Ok so the UH people that are going to show so far are

Me Nick and 2 of his friends who probably suck at this game

Dawn and maybe a few of his people who also really suck at this game...

Anyone else coming?

ADDRESS: The University of Houston, 4800 Calhoun Road, Houston, Texas 77004

LOCATION: University Center, Underground. There will be signs. Follow them.

TIME/DATE: October 24th, 2009. Be there by 11am because the first event starts at 12pm. THings will run very fast/smoth because we wont get a 50+ turnout. We must leave there by 1am.

ROOMS: Aegean, Caspian, and Baltic. They are right next to each other, me and dugfinn will be in one of them.

Fees: Venue=5$ or a liter of soda+big bag of chips(cookies/cupcakes will work too), 1vs1 reg/low tier=5$, 2vs2 reg/low tier=5$.

Extras: there will be a rave during this event as well as free food. Other games like halo and street fighter will be payed in rooms across/around us.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
$100 dollar mm syba vs mouf

You didn't read last pages posts before suggesting thing apparently...

And you suck

EDIT: DON'T FORGET SMASHFEST TODAY AT UH!

Dawn Kage

Me Kailo and some other guy who is tagging along for fun

And the UH melee players....hopefully..

Velox

Smash Ace
lol, nice reply Clueless, I've tried that for years in melee and it never worked though!! heh

regardless of how Gabe's been doing recently, I mean no offense to Clue and Syba, but Gabe's been out there, I've seen him do well (for a Houston player) against everyone under the sun, hell, his matches against KOSMOS less than a year ago were amazing, not sure if others would do as well elsewhere is all, this game is more than how <insert Houston player X> does against Gabe, it's about time Houston players rank themselves based on how well they beat players outside the Houston scene, which is allegedly, almost never.

Things like Mouf beating Lee at the last tournament mean a lot when it comes to rankings imo, and Jake winning of course.

Jake13

Smash Lord
lol syba you post too much to read.

however!

oscar is better than me and everyone else.

ESPECIALLY syba.

he wrecked last tourney he entered, memba? he won.

Velox

Smash Ace
sorry Syba, I was actually lingered around the university center twice today and stopped just short of going down there and seeing if there was any melee, I guess I should have.

hey, I know how good Oscar was and was more than likely going to be. It's funny, you said Oscar was in engineering?, the two smashers who are good at UH that I play are also in engineering and are like the same age, heh, I'd be funny if they saw each other every day (they complain about not having enough competition to play with)..

Mouf beat Lee in tournament - fact, end of story. You can draw your own conclusions, however, Mouf deserves the prestige, he's really good. The fact that Lee probably has better tournaments than Mouf is totally irrelevant to the skill showed by Mouf in beating him (other than proving that Lee is a good opponent that is..) I have yet to get "lucky" and beat a serious tournament player..

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Test Your Skills 5/Melee Special AirbrushKing Sponsorship. Announcement is HERE!!!

1st place Winner will get there very own airbrushed customized limited edition melee setup bag.

AirbrushKing Limited Edition Full Setup Bags

Customize it however you like. Setup Bag details: Bag has 2 compartments inside and 1 compartment outside. Inside the bag will be something special that will be revealed "ONLY" at TYS 5 so show up to see what it is...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I just remember four stocking him last time lol

But I mean I guess he has gotten better but I haven't played you in a while either Jake.

And LOLOLOLOL! PAUL ***** MY *** TODAY!!!!!!!

Johns on my ears hearing 8hours of techno though lollolol that was really fun. We should all go to the Brawl board and thank Dugfinn.

But dam lol he did a good job.

Thanks for showing up all the melee players that did show up...

Cesar Kage Void Dawn Fear Kailo...Kailo's friend that I don't know his name because I forgot to ask xD Bebobli and anyone else who showed.

Thanks for the special appearance by XALA!!!! Good stuff lol get back into the game son

Dawn still being the best team partner ever.

I don't type that much lol

Hate you Velox....we had so many people there playing melee it was awesome

O AND another shout out to Jerm and his Young Link lol surprising good job on learning the game so quickly and becoming so good in such a short time lol Credit probably goes to you training with Roy R though =P

Not sure who else I should shout out too.....

Pretty much gave Kailo his shout outs on the 45 minute drive home....

James and Jake and all the other people who didn't come to this....YOU ALL SUCK!

Lol come to the next one guys. This venue was legit aside from the 8 Hours of techno you must endure =P

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
When and where is the thing with the bag? Their web site doesn't actually say details about their 5th event.

Velox

Smash Ace
heh, so did you pick up any girls there Syba? I saw two lesbians that were unbelievably hot walking to the UC (the way they were dressed it was obvious what they were going to). I did a double take when I realized they were holding hands heh.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Sheik aint' got nothing on Young Link =P

There weren't any hot girls there...I mean unless you think the whoreish ones that were dressed up in all black and neon colors were hot...O and the girls who painted their faces like completely white lol We saw this one girl with really tight clothes on though but when she turned around it was like o_O ewww....

Mostly misfits at that rave lol as usual though xD

Yeah, I can't remember seeing any hot girls but apparently a few of the other guys saw some. I can tell you were they were not lol The room we played smash in, the room next to where we played smash where the mini rave was going on, the free food room, the big circular room where the main rave, I think, was at.

On the way to the UC building though we saw a lot of hot girls lol we got there right before the football game and orchestra thing was going on lol but of course none of them were where we were at =/

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
lol sideways nutsack, ok i think im ready to get back in the game..whens the next tourny

Sybawave

Smash Ace
That's because we just recently started having them lol

And what happened to Marth and Fox? Actually not so much Fox but still Marth lol

And I always thought that was a nutsack too lolollol

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
it didn't really seem like mouf should have won though

lee is clearly better
first of all, you suck *** at melee, your opinion on who should of won means nothing.

should lee of won? i dunno, i don't really care since i won. he has better tech skill than me, but that doesn't really mean anything. MAYBE he would of won if he had stayed fox the whole time. i mean, lol...why did he switch to marth? his fox did fine against my peach on a big stage so i have no clue why he would go marth on another big stage. maybe he was being cocky? maybe he's ********? i don't know and i don't care.

also, his falco got wrecked. so yeah i guess what i'm tryin to get at is, get off of lee's nuts just cuz he's a brawl player. he made some ******** decisions which cost him the set. also, he should try sweetspotting as falco and maybe not di'ing away when i f smash him lol, and also not johning his *** off after losing. go play some brawl scrub

TheJerm

Smash Champion
You guys should also run melee teams. It was pretty fun. And hype it up more to all the melee peoples

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Well we don't run our own tournaments...last time we had De Angelo running it and he was being a homo about melee teams.

I vote RT or Dugfinn run melee next HOBO. Now let's all go complain to Allan xD

And yeah melee teams is really fun lol The hard part is finding who your partner is...it's like trying to find a nice girl...there are so many and even the hottest girls can be suck girlfriends...you need just the right person...isn't that right Dawn???

And DAYYYYYYYYUMMMMM James getting off on people lol $10 says he goes to the Brawl thread to troll their ***** now lol Right after I post this I'll come back and tell you if he did or not =P

And Lee tried to use Marth on me too lol bad idea...

James like ***** his Falco like harcore....

Lee doesn't have any good characters outside of Fox it would seem...His Falco sucked when I played it and his Marth wasn't that amazing.

And he might know the Peach vs Marth match up pretty well so that would explain the Marth and not Fox pick. But of course you had to go and use DK lolololol Veterans and their trix xD

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
yeah and just one more sidenote: his marth sd'd against my dk, but anyone from houston watching that will tell you my dk did HORRIBLE in that match. my dk eats marfz for breakfast son, kudos to lee for helping me out on a bad day

edit: i'd love to do teams but it seems like we can never get enough people. REMINDER: everyone, enter teams at hobo20. get your partners ready now

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Your Dk seems kind of bad against my Marth most of the time...but then those matches were you just completely **** me come around <_<

And those first couple of stocks did pretty bad against Lee and then Idk what you did but you turned it around pretty fast lol and yeah the Reverse UpB at the end on his last stock xD That was just a stupid decision lol he was getting really nervous probably...

We had enough people last time though. The only problem was that Allan was on our *** about the time constrictions because of the brawl players that would've entered melee teams.

We would of had to wait on them to finish playing matches. The only way we could do melee teams is if brawl isn't happening at the same moment. And that is hard to have happen. We had like 11 teams at HOBO 19 but 5 of them were in matches for brawl and stuff so when De Angelo said that we need to show the teams right then and there we couldn't.

And we shouldn't be posting MELEE TEAMS in this thread. All of the melee players pretty much already know about there are going to be teams. We need to go to the brawl thread or the HOBO 20 Thread (Even better choice) and tell them about melee teams. All of the OOS/C people need to know that there will be melee teams first.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Well we don't run our own tournaments...last time we had De Angelo running it and he was being a homo about melee teams.
me, gabe and KM ran the last two homo's you don't know what you're talking about.

there is never enough time, people, money or will to play teams.

there won't be as long as brawl is running at the same time.

honestly, why don't the melee players show up at 12 and start ish right away, like before the brawl tourney, that way we get everything done fast and MAYBE have time for teams, but DEF time for friendlies.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Hobo 18 was run by Dugfinn...y'all weren't even there

And 17 I wasn't there so Idk

And 19 I wasn't paying attention lol I just look at the list and find my opponent

The only reason I know why Dugfinn ran the last one was because I had to do most of it to help her <_< the poor melee kids at 18 were not getting any attention lol

Velox

Smash Ace
That last Hobo was just fine just being collectively run by like Gabe/Jake/the usual people. What we needed was a more melee-supportive environment..

Jake13

Smash Lord
Hobo 18 was run by Dugfinn...y'all weren't even there

And 17 I wasn't there so Idk

And 19 I wasn't paying attention lol I just look at the list and find my opponent

The only reason I know why Dugfinn ran the last one was because I had to do most of it to help her <_< the poor melee kids at 18 were not getting any attention lol

aight, the one coming up is 20, right? and 19 was the last one that me and gabe ran.

before that was 18 at PZ, right?, which oscar won. Me and KM ran that one.

17 i wasn't there, i think that's where you got 2nd? maybe df ran that one with you, but you are still mistaken.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
No 18 was the one I got 2nd at that I helped Dugfinn run

17 was the one that Oscar won that I was not there for

19 I just remember Gabe being by the computer the entire time lol But I thought he was just talking to people xD guess not.

But yeah we need to definitely get teams at 20...

We should make a HOBO tournament melee thread in the main section of the southwest like where the HOBO thread is at.

This would help us better organize ourselves and possibly coordinate it with Allan's brawl kids or something.

Velox

Smash Ace
yeah Syba, it was purely coordination with Brawl and their lack of caring of melee that caused any problem there might have been, and as far as I knew, the only problem was like waiting 3 hours for Dojo towards the end of the bracket. Also, ****, we only had 3 setups, how good could it have been?..

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

I vote RT or Dugfinn run melee next HOBO. Now let's all go complain to Allan xD
I wasnt being NO HOMO about running teams. Teams was not there when I asked for it to be. I said clearly can you give me 8 teams right now and you couldnt. All games have a starting time and Im very organized so I like to start on time. I caint wait around while everyone trys to assemble 8 teams. Time management is the key to a successful tournament. In all honesty if it wasnt for me telling xyro melee is being apart of tys series. THERE WOULD BE NO MELEE. Clearly xyro HATES the game so I was the one who said melee could stay. As far as people running the tournament. I will run it or RT can run it or someone out of the melee camp can run it like last time. Ill manage the $$$ so nothing comes up short. Dugfinn will be busy running HOBO so that wont work. If you want melee teams HYPE it up and get me 8 teams. When you have that "GUARANTEED", then melee teams will be added to the lineup...

Ps: If anybody can get in contact with clue, ask him to post them videos and send me links. I need them asap. Its like 2 years old now :[

Sybawave

Smash Ace
xD Ok then...Make a TYS Thread in the Tournament area so that it is completely separate so that we can give more details about the TYS events rather than have the HOBO event get all the attention itself. Each time we go in there all see is the HOBO thing and all their hype no one pays attention to the side events. Make a TYS Thread with more details on the side events.

Top Bottom