• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
picking up kalo is first priority
Aww man, I feel silly. I actually went back looking for this post cuz I couldn't figure out why you would say that, haha.

So now...I was invited to a party tonight. To party, or to play smash? Let's have a quick overview of the adv and disadv.
Party:
-girls
-beer
-crazy shiz
-girls

Smash:
-losing
-more ****

Hmmm. Decisions.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Seriously lol I could've hung out with my friends today but I chose to practice this game instead of that. I actually make time in my schedule to play smash. Although some times I will just do it like randomly like that day I went to Paul's house. I just had nothing to do that day lol but still....Monday I made plans to play and today I made plans to play.

You shouldn't be like "Oh I can make it" and not make it >_< that's just fail. Just tell them that you had already made plans.

Or you're just gay and think that the party is better for some odd reason. Both of you suck. I hope you both get Bro *****

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
well it's my good friends ty and dy's birthday, i can't really in good conscious miss that for smash

edit: sidenote, despite not making time for smash, i remain beastly beyond words

Velox

Smash Ace
heh, it's funny, we used to talk so much about who the best in Houston was, but if you ask anyone in the states to name a houston player, like all they could think of was Sethlon.. heh. Not that I thought Roy_R or Ronnie weren't the best in Houston, it's just their lack of visibility in the national scene was hilarious to me..

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
yo von, 5/11 set, whoever loses has to kneel down and in all seriousness admit that the other person is better. no johns, no b.s. i'm better than you ;)

edit: and sethlon traveled the most

Sybawave

Smash Ace
^^see why can't we all do this? That I am willing to play for since I know I will win it. xD

And yeah....for the longest time whenever I talked to people elsewhere they would always say "Did Sethlon win that tournament too?" or something that implied that he was one of the best.

EDIT: I love how James also had to make it 5/11 since he knows he'll lose to me with anything smaller =P Jk it makes more sense to have more matches to see who is better in the long run rather xD

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I'm not lol I can't ever do Fridays.

Monday I can usually do as long as it isn't too far away.

Wednesday if you come to my side of town and play with Ronnie Paul and me.

This Saturday though....everyone go to UH

EDIT: I knew that sounded weird to say lol I was like hmm...5/11 something is wrong there xD I just didn't really care enough to figure it out lol he got me too excited =P

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lol I don't practice anything. I don't even practice smash. I just play with people. I mean when I do practice I practice stupid useless things like Uthrow Shine Wombo Combo or double shinning...nothing that would actually work in a fight. If I practice those things I'll most likely get worse at the game.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I'll be sure to click on that next time lololol

ROFL! That was my inside voice <_< I'm actually a lot louder than that lol

EDIT: Don't put me next to a loud TV next time lol

Jake13

Smash Lord
mouf you wanna $5 mm like we used to. pick your 5 best chars and do it elimination style. it was hella fun at my house last timeeeee.

or we can make it $10 if $5 isn't worth it to you :( but i hope it is

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I can play tomorrow =P I get out at like 1 o clock what time can you play negro? And this should be on camera lol it's going to be awesome. No bailing this time...you did it twice in one week lol last monday and saturday

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
mouf you wanna $5 mm like we used to. pick your 5 best chars and do it elimination style. it was hella fun at my house last timeeeee.

or we can make it $10 if $5 isn't worth it to you :( but i hope it is
yeah dude sure, 5$ sounds good to me. cept i kinda forgot the rules to the 5 character mm's we used to do so you'll have to remind me

i'm playin von today so paul if you wanna come over too that'd be awesome, then we can record the whole set and post it on here

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I would imagine that a character set would be more along the lines of a crew battle....with just one person and all his characters with stocks split evenly between them...I've done this before actually...not sure if those are the same rules but that is how we did ours.

And yes Paul lol come today I have my things so don't worry

Jake13

Smash Lord
I would imagine that a character set would be more along the lines of a crew battle....with just one person and all his characters with stocks split evenly between them...I've done this before actually.
lol not even close. its elimination.

aight, when can errbody play?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I asked Dugfinn to let us bring melee and she said we could ;)

We're in guys lol smashfest/tournament w/e there. If it's going to be a tournament then we will need a TO...Nose goes

*nose touched*

Top Bottom