• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Sybawave

Smash Ace
>_< someone find my controller

And yeah I think 8 teams is too hard to get together

De Angelo, send me a pm of all the TYS things and I'll make a thread separate from the HOBO thread giving people details of the events and things so that we can possibly get more people together for teams and other side events. Hopefully that works.

And we will have a better chance to get crews together or something since we can get the names of who all will be there who might not show up and other things.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
i'm positive we had 8 teams. let's see...people who were willing to play doubles

me
von
jake
oscar
dawn
timerbomb
captain bust a nut (lol)
killawhale
roy

hmm okay this is harder than i thought lol. but that's just people i saw playing teams and people who said they would play teams. there's also velox, paul, etc who i have no idea if they would of not. i guess we can always just try to set it up every hobo and we'll get it eventually. maybe we could do 1$ teams like poot suggested awhile ago

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Timerbomb + Captain Bust a Nut (**** Jiggs now I know how to beat the Houston fast fallers xD)

Jake Oscar

Dawn Me

James Ronnie

The Smash Champ and his friend

Velox Paul

KillaWhale....

Odd number of people lol

But I think that the limit should 6 teams round robin

8 is too much lol and on top of that most of the people don't want to enter because some of us are just too **** (Dam right Syba you are ^_^)

On the same note DO NOT four stock n00bs next time pl0x lol Roy_R....KillaWhale...Me....anyone who four stocked some of the Brawl n00bs into them not entering lol

We could easily get 3-2 more teams but that takes more time rather than a spur of the moment thing since they have undecided partners lol we need to see the Galveston kids more often

Jake13

Smash Lord
i say we do **** $1 teams. or 50 cent. **** it. free.

i just wanna play some dam teams.

and forget round robin, no matter how many teams. too any names to deal wif lol

Sybawave

Smash Ace
But yeah that is what I was thinking why couldnt' we orchestrate the Double ourselves? Why do we have to have someone tell us we can or not? I mean we were there for 9 hours and 2 hours were for the tournament the first 3 were all friendlies why couldn't we just burn another hour or maybe 2 on round robin teams with 6 entrants? I mean it's not like we were in anyone's way

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
round robin is too much, we should just get 8 teams together it's not that hard. as long as doubles is first and there's more hype we got this

also, i will money match ANYBODY at the next hobo, your character vs my dk. i'll fight ANYBODY but falco or fox. 5$ each, who wants a piece? that means any sheik, jiggs, peach, whatever i don't care. i'm seriously considering using nothing but dk at this next tournament and just using space animals to fight against other space animals

also, maybe people other than just me and jake will actually mm if it's against a horrible character

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
captain bust a nut = bacon if yall dont know lol idk why he entered as that wierd name...

good stuff@everyone i played!

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
that's actually paul's controller, i forgot to give it back to him when he left

man we gotta do doubles BEFORE singles next time, nobody feels like doin doubles after all the hype's gone
I always feel so unsettled when I don't have my things.
Looks like I'll definitely be going to play Jake sometime soon ^_^

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
My cube was right behind yours then. It was the only one not hooked up to a television on that side. Are you sure you didn't nab it by accident and have two cubes?
I'm sure, mine has my name written on top and only one cube fits in my bag anyway. I don't remember seeing it behind mine when I left, and I packed up at around 6:45

Try to contact DugFinn, Xyro, and DeAngelo to see if somebody turned it in at the counter.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Someone needs to fix those melee rules lol it's so gay

Rules as in the stages that are set...

Has anyone seen my black controller it has scratches on it and a messed up joystick?

I really need it back

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
you don't like the sbr stages?

that was the stage list as i recall from when i played melee (in pretense to my tournament)

Edit:

@sybawave: Wow, I'm open to suggestions but you don't have to be so rude, jesus.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
LOL rude about what?

And yes...finally teams! lol

And this time De Angelo isn't here to tell us 8 teams or no teams ^_^

And iirc Dk64 isn't a random it's a CP

Termina Bay is allowed in doubles but that's as gay as Green Greens xD but for some reason they're both allowed. I've never seen any of the MKs allowed before, but then again I'm a year old and only go off of what the rules are now.

And I didn't think I was being rude <_<

EDIT: Sorry if I seemed rude. It's just I forget how good I am and think everyone knows the rules.

Velox

Smash Ace
Syba, whatever had been chewing on the joystick probably just up and ate it (your controller)..

I think it was a beaver.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We ripped it off for better playing lol it moves so smoothly now and I really need it back lol so I guess I should come get it some time soon....like Wednesday???

Y'all up to play then or what?

Velox

Smash Ace
You ripped it off? You sure you didn't set it next to a river/lake?

heh, nah, I don't have it, last time I saw it someone tried to hand it to me in the later half of the tournament to play with and we set it next to one of the cubes just rolled up or whatever (I didn't play with it cause I was afraid I might cut my thumb and get tetanus or bleed to death).

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
My computer crashed so I getting another one this Friday. There is a virus going around that is "BODING" pcs. Crashing them instantly. I just want to thank everyone who attended another fun/epic Test Your Skills. I would post the full results but my computer is done! Congrads to top 3 and for roy r 3 stocking sybawavy. :] Nothing against you syba but I knew roy wasnt going to let NOBODY 4 stock him. He will be back for the next test your skills so we will see whats up.

On another note, talked to green lesbo about the test your skills melee thread and he said that if 2 threads are created they will close my thread. If someone can promise that the melee thread wont get closed, I will create the thread and bring hype. Until then, feel free to post all the melee hype in the hobo 21 thread. Ronnie/Jake/Mouf/Fake Roy R/ Mew2King might be coming to this tournament and I know if he enters brawl he will enter melee. Lets give him a texas welcome and woop his A$$$$$$$$$....

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I never fought Roy_R lol put us first round next tournament if you want him knocked out early though. Hell do this for any of the Houston players, they won't get so lucky next time. ****ing Fox turned into road kill lol Bomb Omb + 3 cars <_< Dam you Mute City! That was pretty funny though lol

It won't get closed. Why did you even ask him in the first place? He knows that if we make a separate thread we will get more hype than if it were just in the HOBO thread and then we might just revive melee. And we all know how much he doesn't want that to happen lol so of course he'll tell you some BS like that.

M2k is overrated lol where is Bacn? Just sick his Jiggs on M2k and we'll all be good to go.

Has anyone seen my black controller it has scratches on it and a messed up joystick?

I really need it back

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
I never fought Roy_R lol put us first round next tournament if you want him knocked out early though. Hell do this for any of the Houston players, they won't get so lucky next time. ****ing Fox turned into road kill lol Bomb Omb + 3 cars <_< Dam you Mute City! That was pretty funny though lol

It won't get closed. Why did you even ask him in the first place? He knows that if we make a separate thread we will get more hype than if it were just in the HOBO thread and then we might just revive melee. And we all know how much he doesn't want that to happen lol so of course he'll tell you some BS like that.

M2k is overrated lol where is Bacn? Just sick his Jiggs on M2k and we'll all be good to go.

I really need it back

no johns sybawave, look both ways

thats how you fit in with the crowd^ not by posting a bunch of garbage

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
i wouldn't mind this thread being closed if we had a thread about the actual series of tournaments. i say, go ahead and make it.

syba, you tried to gimp me on an incredibly gimpy stage and gimped yourself on accident in hilarious fashion. it appears my tourney record vs syba is 3-0 now, awwwwww yeah son SOAK THAT **** UP

EDIT: TIMERBOMB i want a rematch, this loss won't go unpunished. peach vs falco mm at the next TYS 5$ 3/5 bring it

also i didn't get to play bacn, peach vs jiggs mm or dk vs jiggs mm 3/5 5$?

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
This.

Sybawave said:

I really need it back
This too, but my whole ****ing GameCube. I spoke to DiggDugglet after the tournament when I noticed, but most players were gone by then. Everyone disappeared quick this time.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
My MM record against Moof is 4-0 ^_^ and they were all 3/5's

As opposed to the 2/3 wins that he's luckily been getting =P

DrY tHat sh3eyut 0fF1!

And that sucked *** lolol Usmash > Nair > Self bomb **** x.x

And then there was the car incident.....

I blame the losses in this tournament on the gayest/funniest crap ever lololol

I really need it back

But I really want play tomorrow, I get out at 11:20 lol anyone want to play with me that early?

Bacn

Smash Rookie
i wouldn't mind this thread being closed if we had a thread about the actual series of tournaments. i say, go ahead and make it.

syba, you tried to gimp me on an incredibly gimpy stage and gimped yourself on accident in hilarious fashion. it appears my tourney record vs syba is 3-0 now, awwwwww yeah son SOAK THAT **** UP

EDIT: TIMERBOMB i want a rematch, this loss won't go unpunished. peach vs falco mm at the next TYS 5$ 3/5 bring it

also i didn't get to play bacn, peach vs jiggs mm or dk vs jiggs mm 3/5 5$?
sure ill mm ya dk or peach w/e your choice :p

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
People need to keep better track of their stuff. That's why I alway go to tourneys with a drawstring bag to hold my drinks and controller in.

And I'm always checking up on my cube to make sure it doesn't sprout legs and walk off. But then again Houston has a higher crime rate, so chances are even the best of us can be had by crooks.

Top Bottom