• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Jake13

Smash Lord
whenever you invent a way so that i can play against myself :)

... or whenever you can find a ride down to my side of town

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
whenever you invent a way so that i can play against myself :)

... or whenever you can find a ride down to my side of town
I'll go over there when I want to get swine flu. Maybe later. Also, don't go to the Galleria for a while.

In other news, videos:

Sybawave gets ***** on Yoshi's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF7VVaT5uBA

Sybawave gets ***** on FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x3kBibUkEM

Sybawave gets ***** on Dreamland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGpaJsGlGJM

...Sybawave beats me on Pokemon Stadium, but at least it looks good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB2vQo8kvMs

P.S. Sorry I don't have any more vids of you winning Von, I gotta keep digging through my vids.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
a few thoughts about those matches

Syba: you're technical man, but that doesn't mean **** when you're not precise. you're all over the place, just focus on what needs to be done and do it instead of tryin to scare em with the unnecessary wavedashing and stuff, it also leads to sd's

Clue: you're spacing has gotten better, you need to work on your reaction time though, you need to jump out of shield with uair just a little sooner than you're doing now. also i think you need to grab more

ya i was bored

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
a few thoughts about those matches

Syba: you're technical man, but that doesn't mean **** when you're not precise. you're all over the place, just focus on what needs to be done and do it instead of tryin to scare em with the unnecessary wavedashing and stuff, it also leads to sd's

Clue: you're spacing has gotten better, you need to work on your reaction time though, you need to jump out of shield with uair just a little sooner than you're doing now. also i think you need to grab more

ya i was bored
I know about my reaction problem, hopefully it'll just get better with practice, or maybe it's just my brain. I've never been a quick thinker, just a thorough thinker.

Jake13

Smash Lord
clue your ganon is so sexy with its land dashes and edge game ;)

syba: since when did you play marth? work on your fair spacing, esp when you approach w double fair, you get too close and clue kept getting grabs.

clue again: i wanna see more jabs :(

edit:

to any marth that wants to beat a ganon: just fthrow and tech chase. nothing they can do.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
to any marth that wants to beat a ganon: just fthrow and tech chase. nothing they can do.
He's right. Sybawave does that to me sometimes, but doesn't abuse it.

Also, where do you think I should put jabs in? I started crouch cancel jabbing more. I stopped Fairing shield > jabbing because against marth his grab often catches my jab. I replaced that with Fair > dtilt cuz it puts me out of grab range.

Jake13

Smash Lord
you can throw jabs in after he shields your upairs or bairs if you can turn around without ftilting.

the fair dtilt works well, but if he wanted to he could just fsmash and it'd prolly tip you, i'd say jab when you aren't tippytoes distance away for the dtilt.

at early percents instead of regrabbing i'd dthrow a jab, you can almost always get an upair out of that.

and whatever you do KEEP doing the thing were you ledgehop onto the stage and jab, its too good

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Are you kidding? If you asked me that about 7-8 years ago I would've said recently but that would only be because I just bought the game.

G@BE

Smash Lord
I think people forget how long Timerbomb and Sybawave have been playing...

like both only a little less or a little more then a year and there way better then any of us ever were when we had played that long.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
What do you mean what happened? Something happened?

o XD my dad needed something so I couldn't leave my house >_< and now it is rush hour so it might take me some time to make it over there....but I don't think that today is a good day since I'll get there at about 8 and only be able to play for an hour after like a 3 hour trip >_< lol

Jake13

Smash Lord
yeah, today isn't a good day. i posted the "what happened" before i knew what had happened lol.

well im free tomorrow after 4 and sunday all day if you're still down/anyone else

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We can go there together Paul if you want assuming our schedules are good for it lol I am down for Sunday all day. You can drive to my house and then we can drive to his house together and then come back to my house and then you can drive home.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
..on the juice?
looks like somebody went to private school lol

j/k bro

hey paul and von, i need both of yall's numbers cuz i got a new phone and i have no close smash contacts.

i will never lose another match again i've decided

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
so he got worse? lol
well, despite the drop in moral that usually follows mouf training (gettin ***** over and over), no, syba did not get worse.

EDIT: i miss houston rivalries, that's how we get better, competition. jake, best of 11, let's do it, next time we meet

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Best of 11? Dang lol

And our numbers are on the first post in the thread lol

832-766-5405

is your number new too?

And the reason there are no Houston rivalries anymore is because we all know that I am the best lol and FYI I had no sleep when those videos were filmed </johns> =P

Jake13

Smash Lord
aight mouf, we've always been rivals. you're the ash ketchum to my gary oak ;)

anywho, we're gonna do a set like we did a looooong time ago, where we pick five characters and play with them until we lose then switch. (I hope you remember that, it was at my house, your mario beat my falco in the final battle) < which will never happen again.

sunday sunday sunday is mother's day, so i actually don't know if anything will go down.

but if mouf, syba and clue can come to my house tomorrow, you can stay till whenever and feel free to get ***** :) :( :)

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
^^ can i join this party?

james i live like 5 mins away from u hit me when u want to play my # is 409 443 9609

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Tomorrow....that is today lol hmm that is actually a good time since nothing is happening today for me...this is sounds like a smashfest...lol

No one is sick though right? No swine flu pl0x?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Sorry if people already requested off work for this, but I've had to change this dates to both Final Smash 6 and 7. You can blame a bunch of LARP players renting out the space for this.

Here are the new dates:

Final Smash 6 moved up a week to June 20th and 21st

Final Smash 7
is moved back a week to August 1st.

Jake13

Smash Lord
aight, iono who's actually coming, but i can't do nuffin till after 4.

EDIT!: it's my mom's bday, ima see what i can do, just txt me

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
well, despite the drop in moral that usually follows mouf training (gettin ***** over and over), no, syba did not get worse.

EDIT: i miss houston rivalries, that's how we get better, competition. jake, best of 11, let's do it, next time we meet
houston rivalries? i must not have been around yet, lol

so who wants to be my houston rival person?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Ok, so who wants to go to Jake's tomorrow lol I am going over there at about 10ish lol till like 4 I think he said. He said that he was going to try to get KillaWhale and Oscar to go to

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Are there an good videos (new), of anyone from houston playing...? I'd like to see were people are in this game, since Im considering playin it.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Are there an good videos (new), of anyone from houston playing...? I'd like to see were people are in this game, since Im considering playin it.
You can go check out my youtube channel, I've got somewhat recent vids of Thespis and Sethlon, and recent vids of me and syba.
Edit: Also Mouf and Timerbomb
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=cluelessbtd&view=videos

clue you disappoint me
Why? Cuz I didn't go to your address to **** your entire family and rob you blind like I had originally intended? Fine, tonight it is. If you want to live, DO NOT call the cops.

Ok, so who wants to go to Jake's tomorrow lol I am going over there at about 10ish lol till like 4 I think he said. He said that he was going to try to get KillaWhale and Oscar to go to
I'll go, I don't think I have anything else to do. That's kinda far though, are we going to take the tollway? I hate spending money when I don't have a job...

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
I'll go over there when I want to get swine flu. Maybe later. Also, don't go to the Galleria for a while.

In other news, videos:

Sybawave gets ***** on Yoshi's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF7VVaT5uBA

Sybawave gets ***** on FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x3kBibUkEM

Sybawave gets ***** on Dreamland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGpaJsGlGJM

...Sybawave beats me on Pokemon Stadium, but at least it looks good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB2vQo8kvMs

P.S. Sorry I don't have any more vids of you winning Von, I gotta keep digging through my vids.
kewl gan videos, man! :D

Top Bottom