• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Sybawave

Smash Ace
But where are you located lol we can't really help you get better without playing you xD well I mean we could maybe give you advice but yeah <_<

So just hit one of us up on the OP.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
But where are you located lol we can't really help you get better without playing you xD well I mean we could maybe give you advice but yeah <_<

So just hit one of us up on the OP.
I live right by Rice U. so I'm like a 15 minute or so drive from UoH if that's where some of the event are being held. I'm pretty accessible but don't have my own car right now so I'll have to catch a ride with a friend or something.

Velox

Smash Ace
DAMN Apex was amazing! :) M2K vs. Armada was some of the highest level of smash I've ever seen!

Grinin, welcome to the Houston smash scene! It's very fortunate that you do live near Rice for your melee future, as most of the action in the next year will probably be at UoH. I'll keep you in mind and private message you when we do things in the fall semester, don't be afraid to PM me about anything.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the lack of video updating. I've finally got new video editing software, so they will be better quality from now on. None up tonight, but tomorrow should see some new ones.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We should do that at the next it lol except with the homo date that I don't know who put it as, I won't be in that crew battle so good luck with that Houston ^_^

Who would be in the Hosuton Crew anyway?

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Why can't you go? I've already set the venue so it really doesn't matter now, but I'm giving you over 2 months for a reason.

By the way, should I post the thread in the Southwest thread, or in Tournament Listings?

Broly

Smash Lord
Why can't you go? I've already set the venue so it really doesn't matter now, but I'm giving you over 2 months for a reason.

By the way, should I post the thread in the Southwest thread, or in Tournament Listings?
Both and whens the date?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
The weekend that should fall around October 21st <_< it's like October 23rd lol which is going to meant hat there is definitely something more fun happening around that time than a smash tournament =P

I was opposed to the date before you set the room xD I posted it back when you asked.

Broly

Smash Lord
The weekend that should fall around October 21st <_< it's like October 23rd lol which is going to meant hat there is definitely something more fun happening around that time than a smash tournament =P

I was opposed to the date before you set the room xD I posted it back when you asked.
Melee hardly happens anymore, but if ya rather be happy then be butthurt from losing to me, go ahead.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Yo saturday anyone want to take a gamble coming to my place for some melee

Just got moved into my new place, Really want to get better at fox, and can't let falco get rusty. Beer will provided, most likely ( most likely fat Tire or shiner )

get at me

Sybawave

Smash Ace
My butt's still hurting from the last owning that I got back at IT >_<

Ignorance is Bliss is so true xD

I'm not sure if I can't go yet, I'm just saying that the chances of me attending are really slim right around that time lol so like 5% says that I go. Btw, there should be a Dallas tournament that weekend <_< >_> just saying.

But yeah we should arrange the Houston Crew.

Tarzan you tell us that each time but it never happens xD we need more information and detail rather than just if y'all are willing to drive to Galveston. I'd go which would mean that half of Friendswood/Clear Lake would go since I'm like the ride for most of the people in this area lol it's the North side that I'm worried about that's like a three hour drive for some of them.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Sybawave is right. It is October 23rd.

Sorry Von, but that is the only weekend in October that the room was open all day. Unless you guys didn't like the room. I thought it worked rather well, though.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
It was rather spacious xD a lot more space than we really needed in my opinion. I rather have more extra space than not enough any day.

And oh well xD **** happens lol

dilling

Smash Apprentice
IT2 thread posted. Make sure to hype it up as much as possible. I'm pretty sure some people from LA will come (I just attended one of theirs and got a bunch of names...so yeah). I want at least 10 more people there than last time, so GIVE IT SOME HYPE!!!!

Oh, and Broly, I'm going to beat you next time we play, broken C-stick be d**ned!

Broly

Smash Lord
IT2 thread posted. Make sure to hype it up as much as possible. I'm pretty sure some people from LA will come (I just attended one of theirs and got a bunch of names...so yeah). I want at least 10 more people there than last time, so GIVE IT SOME HYPE!!!!

Oh, and Broly, I'm going to beat you next time we play, broken C-stick be d**ned!
Go ahead and try.

Velox

Smash Ace
Yo saturday.. Beer will provided, most likely ( most likely fat Tire or shiner )
holy crap, okay, I definitely might have to take you up on that Saturday :) And I definitely need Falco practice so I'm interested :) I'll know when it gets closer to the weekend if I'm not busy.

If anybody ever offers me Johnny Walker while we're smashing one day I'll die btw.. Just puttin that our there.. <<

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
holy crap, okay, I definitely might have to take you up on that Saturday :) And I definitely need Falco practice so I'm interested :) I'll know when it gets closer to the weekend if I'm not busy.

If anybody ever offers me Johnny Walker while we're smashing one day I'll die btw.. Just puttin that our there.. <<
Awesome, there might be a D&D intermission depending on if a friend is working or not, either way saturday should be fun, I haven't played in a while so ahead of time mad homo johns, etc.,etc. east coastt. Anyone see Lake almost make bracket at apex going straight Zelda, glad to call him my smash sensai. Excited to see if south plays melee different from east/pittsburgh.

Velox

Smash Ace
Hey Chris, come over I've got one with your name on it.
Holy crap that better not be a joke 0_0

heh, it's okay WEMP, I look forward to Saturday. Also I play a little different than everyone, and really, there's a lot of different styles down here in Texas.

Broly

Smash Lord
its true, although id like to think i play a little more controlled. But then again playing against Wobbles proved how reckless i am. Im starting to wavedash although i doubt ill use it in a competitive match. Maybe as a taunt

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
Lol it's relentless aggro

Fl spacies, Darkrain, PP, me all have really very aggressive styles
I think you mostly get aggresive after you get a hit. Then the aggressive combo-ness comes. Your playstyle becomes notably different when your opponent is in hit stun. Your lucky numbers are 5 20 39 41 53.

Your Chinese word of the day.
Qiú 球 "Balls"

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
No , I have only played melee since october so I am still a youngin' and learning and ****

2 dollars?

edit - by no, i don't mean no to the mm, i meant i hadn't heard of the legendary super saiyan. I am always down for a friendly match of money.

Broly

Smash Lord
No , I have only played melee since october so I am still a youngin' and learning and ****

2 dollars?

edit - by no, i don't mean no to the mm, i meant i hadn't heard of the legendary super saiyan. I am always down for a friendly match of money.
Agreed. hope to see you there

Top Bottom