• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Velox

Smash Ace
Tell me a few days in advance too or at the very least, not the day off and at the very very least, not an hour before it happens...
hahahahahahah

MT_ said:
Let me know too, actually. Phone number on the front page. Call/text both good for me.
k, I'll keep you in mind, we'll probably call u sometime this week (we need practice before Nom3). We've been playing in friendswood mostly lately (Won't be able to play on campus at UH for a few weeks till school starts again..)

Velox

Smash Ace
heh, do you treat all of your friends this way?

in all seriousness though, we try to plan things when we can but some things are instantaneous thanks to modern radio wave portable devices.. :) For example, whatever we do between now and Nom3 will likely be pretty much 1 day notice at max because we're stressed for time. It's hard to get everyone together.

We're not as bad as the rest of the community though that I've had to deal with for years.. :dizzy:

speaking for myself, I'll be more punctual about events and smash things when school starts and we have a place to play for sure (right now it's like, "hey phillip/luciano, when are you going to be at ur house?"....)

-Ran

Smash Master
So guys, you still coming to Nom this Saturday? The Brawl players aren't going to be able to make it since they lost their car. If some of you have open spaces in your car pool, let me know and I'll get them filled.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I just started working in downtown last week so am not so far away from everybody (I feel so isolated in Kingwood heh). I get off at 6pm so could play weekday nights.

well the UoH crew had a good day of smashing today.. :) :)
Are you having a smashfest this Friday too? If so, please text/call me (number's on OP).

Velox

Smash Ace
We'll play again next week I'm sure (this is to Noc).

I'm really sorry to hear that Paul :( You could use to play with us next week then too ;)

Also, I had a great time playing with everyone today! :) :) :)

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Okay so I am back in houston. After the 6th i will be staying in the tomball area, anyone near there? If not thats fine, I would just like to start playing people after apex.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Sounds like a date.
And just so I sound more like a scrub, if you have an extra controller bringing it might not be a bad idea. I left mine somewhere in Pittsburgh so I am trying to get my hands on a decent one until I get into a permanent residence ( the 6th ). I'll find a way to get my hands on a good controller.

For future reference, is there any weekly/monthly thing. I know at least for a while melee was allowed at the hobos.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Someone please have smash tomorrow. Green archer needs smash badly.

CAN I HAVE EVERYONE'S ATTENTION PLEASE! THE TENTATIVE DATE FOR INSANE TRIUMPH 2 IS OCTOBER 23. IF I GET ENOUGH YEAS ON THIS DATE, I WILL RESERVE THE ROOM AND MAKE THE OFFICIAL POST. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Someone please have smash tomorrow. Green archer needs smash badly.

CAN I HAVE EVERYONE'S ATTENTION PLEASE! THE TENTATIVE DATE FOR INSANE TRIUMPH 2 IS OCTOBER 23. IF I GET ENOUGH YEAS ON THIS DATE, I WILL RESERVE THE ROOM AND MAKE THE OFFICIAL POST. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
More than enough time for me to get off at work, I'm down.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I like IT2 on Oct. 23rd, though could probably attend if it were on any Saturday in October. Hooray for regular melee-exclusive tourneys in Houston!

Anyone want to play tmrw after I get off work around 6? If so, text/call me (number's on OP).

MT_

Smash Ace
Derek you planning to upload the rest of the videos anytime soon? I don't want you to feel obligated, but when you record videos normally people will expect them to get uploaded. I did want to show a couple friends the videos of me getting ***** by Darkrain lol.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm a smasher in Houston, I've played smash for a long time now but never really got into the competitive scene. I made an account on these boards a few years ago, as you can see, but just kind of forgot about it. I put down smash for a while, but have recently been getting back into it, playing melee all the time with friends almost every day (they're all terrible but we still have a lot of fun.)

I'm just trying to get myself into the melee scene in Houston, (never like Brawl, it pretty much failed in every sense of the word) improve my skills and have fun playing with some good smashers. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to tech skill compared to better players. I know it all I just need to practice getting more consistent and work on becoming more proficient, and it doesn't help that I never play with people who are better than me.(I main CF by the way)

So basically sorry for the long post but I'd appreciate any help on ways to improve my game and get myself into so local fests/tournies/whatevers.

Also, if there's any way I can change my username that'd be cool too.:bee:

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
I'm just trying to get myself into local games so I can play and improve. I guess all the extra **** wasn't really needed.:laugh:

Top Bottom