• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I think you mostly get aggresive after you get a hit. Then the aggressive combo-ness comes. Your playstyle becomes notably different when your opponent is in hit stun. Your lucky numbers are 5 20 39 41 53.

Your Chinese word of the day.
Qiú 球 "Balls"
That's because of the push/pull. Plus you play a fake character that I can't really rush down until I get a good solid hit

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Then I am down for sure. Look forward to being humbled by as many people as possible I told everyone when I come back to pittsburgh i'd be better so I have to train hard and get ***** harder.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
That's because of the push/pull. Plus you play a fake character that I can't really rush down until I get a good solid hit
Hey hey hey, just to be fair, I think Xelic 4 stocked me with Peach both times we played. Ganon sucks and you know it. You just weren't following up behind your turnips in the way that shuts Ganon's options down. You needed to be RIGHT behind the turnip I think.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
No, I don't get what you just said after I told you that you'd hate me after like ten minutes what the hell? Lol people want to hate on me that badly I haven't even trolled you yet >_< wtf lol

Brolly is a freaking beast no lie.

Broly

Smash Lord
To be fair Pawl, Vash has prolly the best Ganon, even though hes ******** in wanting it to win. Jake wrecked it with peach, so yea peach ***** ganon. i remember vash winning 2-0 in GF just to pick ganon and lose 3 str8 times. Hes just dumb, lol. but he'll be going to IT2

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
To be fair Pawl, Vash has prolly the best Ganon, even though hes ******** in wanting it to win. Jake wrecked it with peach, so yea peach ***** ganon. i remember vash winning 2-0 in GF just to pick ganon and lose 3 str8 times. Hes just dumb, lol. but he'll be going to IT2
Honestly, I'm suprised that Vash wins with the way he plays Ganon. He makes some really bizarre choices, but he wins because his spacing is flawless.

I want to play him again! We only had one Ganon ditto :(

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Wait a minute... Peach does not **** Ganon wtf? I use Ganon to counter Peach. I have not seen Vash's but I'd like to think that either Pawl or myself have the best Ganon. I'd give the edge to Pawl though since he actually mains him. Then again, if Wobbles were to play Ganon, he'd probably have the best :p

Velox

Smash Ace
WEMP, yeah, I think so, my friends are confusing me about what I'm doing tomorrow though, I'm pretty sure we'll have to smash during the day and not after it gets dark. PM me the address and time.

Also, heh, nobody knows where tomball is but the Houston smashers I know will immediately answer with a resounding "no" when they realize how far from South Houston that is XD

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Matt, I've put up all the videos I have except for the ones that I have been specifically asked not to put up. I have one of you and blitz, but he doesn't want it up. I can give it to you if you want it though. Aside from that, I don't have any full videos left. Believe me, I've searched.

I wanna see my vids against darkrain, if they were recorded
Check out cluelessbtd (PawlstotheWall's youtube account) for a vid of you vs darkrain. I didn't record it, but he did with his camcorder.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
I wanna see my vids against darkrain, if they were recorded
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=broly+darkrain&aq=f

Wait a minute... Peach does not **** Ganon wtf? I use Ganon to counter Peach. I have not seen Vash's but I'd like to think that either Pawl or myself have the best Ganon. I'd give the edge to Pawl though since he actually mains him. Then again, if Wobbles were to play Ganon, he'd probably have the best :p
Thanks. I could say the same thing about SideEffect's Ganon. He hardly plays him and yet...ugh. His Ganon 0-death's every time he gets a hit. I have my inconsistencies.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Ah well i just got off of work ( night time hooker ) and am just going to bed now. pm me a number i can text or call or something when i get up so it can be decided if it is too late in the afternoon to smash

MT_

Smash Ace
Alright then. I could have sworn you recorded my set against Darkrain for me lol. Oh well, thanks anyway. And I would like my set against Blitz if that's cool. I'll PM you my e-mail.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
hiiii

my friend is attending UH next year and wants some people to play with so if youre interested to have another person to play against let me know and i'll tell him to check this thread. he's not bad

Sybawave

Smash Ace
People in Galveston go to HOBO lol no johns about the distance xD the majority of Houston is closer to that thing than I am. Except Paul, he's like super out of the way.

Where are you located? Check the OP to see if there are any players in your area or semi close by.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
No, not DISTANCE johns. Time johns.
Funplex is literally right down the road from me, 15 minutes.
I'm in west houston for now, could be moving back to dayton(about 40 min. east of Houston) in a few weeks

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Majority of us are down here xD the majority of the good ones at least =P

Jake Oscar KillaWhale TSC are all around Funplex. There might be a few more people somewhere over here that I can't think of.

Tbomb and other slanty eyed kids are in SugarLand

Dawn and the other fence hoppers are in Downtown around I45 and 610.

James, Tarzan and friends, that other slanty eyed kid whose name I cannot remember right now along with some other white kids and I along with some more slanty eyed peeps are located in Clear Lake to Galveston.

Noc lives kind of up North somewhere Kingwood I think? There's another one around that area but he's not active anymore.

Hmm, that's all I can remember right now lol

But you're probably going to have to drive down to us if you want to play or meet half way or something or give us a really good reason to go up there.

Top Bottom