• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Roy says he won't show up until after 8, so he'll probably miss singles...unless you guys want to do doubles first. I'll let you guys figure that one out. Ideally, I want to start around 3-4, which is when Brawl low tier singles will probably start.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Hey James then I shall bring the cube since I don't have a TV ^_^ This is going to be fun

And don't we always do doubles first? Doing singles first is fail lol

When can we show up RT? For just loitering and friendly purposes =)

Gabe wants to know who wants to be on a losing team.

And you know....I just realized that I don't have a double partner. Since everyone thinks I suck I've never had a chance to play with anyone good and see who I can do the best with =/

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mmm, Brawl registration starts at like 12ish, so you guys can show up whenever. Come around then, set up, and then get friendlies. But until DeAngelo hands off responsibility to me, he's still running it. :)

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
@ james/ronnie/ anyone in lamarque

im in larmarque (gg)

give me a ride to hobo

come on

and*******

i reserve the right to team with gabe if i get a ride

im by some school in lamarque,aint too ghetto-ish i can give the actual address if you ask tho so np

and ill pay

heres my number 713-298-9949 someone pick me up...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
James doesn't have a ride there lol

Ronnie doesn't have a ride there either xD

KAILO! lol

Ok so this is what I am thinking...I drive down and pick up Tarzan and then pick up James and then pick you up Kailo since all three of you are exactly in that order on I45 lol

And I want to be there at 12....so let's see....

1 hour to pick you all up...
and hour and a half to drive there...
Wow so I might have to leave my house at 9 <_< dang that's early lol

O and I may still be somewhat sick tomorrow still so =P
If you don't want to ride with me tell me or you can just suck it up xD

EDIT: lolz

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
A Old Challenger Is Approaching

who would wanna team with gabbeyyy?!?!?!
hey team with me i been tryin to team with ya for a long time?

paul!!!!!!!!!!!! i need a ride?

von i dont want to hear that sick ****. u can ask james i was sick A$$ ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of them mcdonalds toruneys and i still went.

edit von say he goin get me yeaz :D

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
hey dude actually i'm riding with paul lol i'm sorry dude i forgot to tell ya. bring a cube though, i'm bringin my tv

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
This one was at Funplex on Beechnut.

1st was Jake
2nd was Tidus, some guy from the valley
3rd I think was James. Might have been Lee, I wasn't watching.

Jake13

Smash Lord
top five:

1. jake
2. tidus (valley kid)
3. mouf
4. lee martin
5. gabe

deangelo will post the full results n payouts later

edit: caine's was epic guys. made my night :) we're all going to hell

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Well I can't make this next weekend and since I drive like 3 of the players to these locations....Unless they can find another way to get a ride. Or if it's close enough to where they live.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Furbs wants to hold a tournament at a restaurant buffet on Nov 14, similar to what College Station does. I'm sure he would want Melee there if it happened. But I don't think it is a Hobo right now...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's supposed to be at a buffet place near Furbs's house from what he told me. The venue is inside the restaurant, so venue fee equals buying a buffet. This means food all day whenever you want it, so people won't hold up brackets getting food and smash all day. What more can you ask for!

Of course, people will still have to bring setups.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Thank You to everybody who came and supported Test Your Skills 4 Melee. Just to clear things up. Hobo does not want anything to do with melee. Test Your Skills does. Thank you to Jake13 for helping running melee! I was going to run melee but you said I can have the day off so who's going to argue with that. :chuckle: Shoutout to Clue for letting me use his camcorder and the Houston Melee scene. Melee has proved countless times that its not a dead game so it does deserve sponsorship. Things are being worked out now so I will let you all know when this happens. Test Your Skills 4 had a wonderful tournout and was ran "SMOOTHLY" :] Enough said, let get to tha business...

Test Your Skills 4 Melee Champions 1st/Jake13/2nd/Tidus/3rd/Mouf

20 Entrys/Full Results:

1: Jake13
2: Tidus
3: Mouf
4: Lee Martin
5: Gabe
6: Coud
7: Broly
8: Dojo
9: Error
10: Sybawave
11: Gnes
12: Sethlon
13: 3stockrapist
14: Sudai
15: RedShadow
16: Gea
17: Tarzan
18: Matt
19: Clueless
20: Kalo

Teams will be playable next time if there is enough interest and must HAVE 8 teams or more. I got alot of melee bag requests so I will start making those asap and have it for sale at the next test your skills. Test Your Skills 5 will be Nov 7 and is a B.Y.O.S/Bring Your Own Setup. See you there...

Ps: Clue, Your phone doesnt work so can you pm me to talk about the videos. thx

Jake13

Smash Lord
thanks deangelo for errthang, can't Wait to see the melée bags :)

also, my undying gratitude goes out to Gabe for Being my partner in crime with running the bracket <33

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
d*** every time these TYS happen im always busy,guess i need to try harder to clear my sched seemed like fun, if this many people show up like last time im def gonna go, no excuses!!!

Top Bottom