• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
As long as there is interest, I'm sure there will be Melee. So, just keep going so they keep happening. :)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I didn't go to school lol I stayed at home...I'm still sick xD

I've been sick for what? Literally the past 2 weeks? Why do you think I won't be attending this Hobo lol

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Don't be spreading the swine flu if you have it, lolz.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I actually do think I have that lol

My aunt had it before xD and she is a Pharmacist and when I had the fever she gave me meds for that...but when she gave me those meds I think she passed on the Swine Flu too xD Owned much?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That sucks. But seriously, if it is, go get medicine. After hearing that story of that girl dying, it would be dangerous to not get checked out by a doctor. :ohwell:

EvoLoNN

Smash Rookie
Player turn out for the melee event has been rising....the first time around there were 8 of us....5 of the betters players and 3 random scrubs.

And then at the next one there was like....25 xD

And Idk how many there were at the latest tournament at PZ

But chances are that there will definitely be a lot at this upcoming Hobo....I've been doing extra work and pissing players off from other cities =P they're really going to be pissed when they show though...maybe...I might be able to go still =/ depends all on tomorrow >_<

And why were you watching me on youtube? xD
I was watching you on youtube cause I remembered playing with you sometime during last school year. I recently wanted to start playing melee again (even though most melee friends dont play anymore) and enter tourneys. I wanted to compare your skill (and the people you play with) with mine...haha Remember anyone named Andrew? He's my friend and I played you at his house.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
O YEAH! I remember xD Glad to see you're getting on now lol

We should play again some time. If you live in Downtown then that isn't too far off for me lol I hate driving all the way to where Andrew lives

EvoLoNN

Smash Rookie
Yeah if youre in friendswood its basically like an hour drive lol. Thing is I dont really have a place to play downtown. I live down there during the weekdays in a condo with 2 other people. There's not much space so I was hoping to find someone else so I could drive to their place. I might be getting my own place later in the semester or in January, then there will be no problem.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
lawl...I might be moving to Dallas in January xD

There is another player around kind of =/ He lives in like the ghetto <_< And a lot of us are scared of going there by ourselves since some of the players heard gunshots while in that area when they were playing smash.

There are about 5 players in that area actually lol I just don't like going there late at night...or staying too late lol late as in 6 pm. I mean unless there are other people with me then it doesn't seem as bad.

But yeah his name is Dawn and the other players are Dikastik Shok, Kage, Void. They're better than you maybe...they're being stupid right now and trying to pick up that stupid barlw game so their melee skill may have dropped significantly.

Do you go to UH downtown?

EvoLoNN

Smash Rookie
Dang. Hope there are smashers up in Dallas.

Anyways, what area is it? I wouldn't mind going if more people show up. They probably are better than me but I'm willing to play anyone just to get some experience with playing other people. I'm going to try to convince my roommates to get into SSBM... but they're more into FPS games =[

I go to UH main campus. I remember reading that someone lived on campus housing. Can't find his post >_> though.

btw, how many people entered the SSBM tourney during the last hobo you attended?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
None of the Houston Melee kids live on UH campus =/

2 of the brawl players do and Xyro goes over there to play them on Wednesdays some times I think.

I just got back into FPS games lol but that is because (if you read the previous posts) I got sick xD So I needed games that wouldn't put my brain to work and that were very easy to play so I could recover faster lol Still sick though =/

I'd go up there with you some time lol And tbh only 2 of them are really good...the other two just kind of play to have fun =/ they don't think too much about the game. They just kind of run at you and try to attack...like a football player lulz

Darkrain lives in Dallas XD I'm going to be his new best friend....up until I **** his *** and he decides he wants to stop hanging out with me because of that >_<

At HOBO 18 there were 24 entrants. And this was during the Final Smash 5 weekend...FS5 was a melee only tournament and most of the melee players went to that instead....so I think that 24 entrants was a pretty decent number.

At the PZ event that was held a couple weekends back Idk how many people there were. But we should have a lot more melee entrants at this Hobo since there aren't any tournaments conflicting with it.

Gea

Smash Master
Riot lives at UH and he likes to play Melee. Tallman lives on UH and plays Brawl but wants to get better at Melee. Talk to them. I'm up hanging out with Tallman some days at UH and I play Melee.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
<_< Why do you all hate me lol

I'd love to get you all better at melee >_<

Why does no one ever tell me these things lol and here I thought our Houston scene was dead ^_^

Sybawave

Smash Ace
o_O DAAAAYYUMMMMM LOLOLOLOLOL dude....that was amazing...props to you xD we need to play some time....as soon as I get over this flu lol which should be soon....I am feeling a lot better right now....idk what happened lol

Sybawave

Smash Ace
xD they don't even post here...I don't think that they have ever...

The only ones that post are Jake Me James and Paul....we get random people every now and then xD O and Tarzan and Timberbomb lol can't forget those two ;)

EDIT: Who are these people that tend to shy away from me?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Hey, that's not such a bad time lol

I get off of school at 2:20...takes me about 20 minutes to get up to you...O wait my girlfriend takes me to school those days =/ So I won't have my car so I'll need to go back home which is another 20+ minutes =/ hmmm

Gea

Smash Master
Uhh... everyone in the Brawl thread pretty much recognizes your name because you've posted there before. Just sayin'.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
xD Well I don't really care about the kids in that thread lol they're so immature about things. I tried to get them to teach me to play but they just ignored me lol Allan was the only one willing to get me into it.

Gea

Smash Master
Like I said, strong personality. Show up to a HOBO sometime and I'd be willing to play any of the three smash games with you. I'm just currently less inclined to put aside time for Melee right now because of my schedule.

PS Jake you're coming Sat, right? I wanna plaaaaay youuuuu. I need Peach experience. :)

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
must. ****.

oh riot still plays melee? cool lol.

my friend goes to uh so if anybody ever wants to set a date i could probably meet them up there and play em while i'm visiting my friend. AND I WILL BEAT ANYBODY. EVER. EVER EVER.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Dude, Gea if you want Peach experience imo James has a better one (No offence Jake) James has been putting more effort into his Peach play recently.

And I did show up to 3 of the HOBOs lol Didn't we play at P4s house? You were the one playing Sethlon right?

EDIT: LOLOL JAMES NINJA POSTED ME!

Why hello there James xD

And no one will ever beat you? lol let's test this hypothesis

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
it's not a hypothesis, it's a law son

and yeah i have the best peach ;)

edit: and i might be coming saturday, not sure yet. i'm sure this excites many of you

Gea

Smash Master
I'm pitching a tent, Mouf.

Edit: No Syba, you keep confusing me for other people, though I was there. I was explaining Brawl to you while we played Brawl doubles. I was probably playing Peach.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
<_< In that case I was talking about Gness? lol your names are somewhat similar <_< and since I didn't introduce or get introductions I can't really stick names to a face =/

And is your coming to HOBO dependent on my driving you to HOBO? If so I don't think that is looking too bright for you xD Better make like Dr. Mario and drug me up =P

Top Bottom