• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Jake13

Smash Lord
lol this thread is getting better and better.

i'll be at hobo. can't wait to play you gea! anycharyouwant ;)

james don't we have a mm?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
You always have a money match when you get together don't y'all? At least that's what I've heard =P

God...screw it lol I hope you're all fine with losing to someone who has the Swine Flu and if you're not o well you'd still lose either way

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
sure lol you said your falco vs anything, so i guess your falco my peach? you goin to hobo?

yeah von i was gonna ask if you could drive me, or if not i was gonna ask paul. that's not the only factor though, i might also be working or ****ing *****ez

Sybawave

Smash Ace
So you didn't want to know if I could team with you??? =''( Cut me deep James....

And I have no idea what you were trying to say in those last words lol

Sybawave

Smash Ace
xD Have you seen my teams videos? That was a dumb question lol I forgot you never watch videos lol

I think I'm pretty good in teams. Then again didn't I **** you twice with King Mosquito on my team when you and bear teamed together =P And that was my first time I teamed with KM too lol we did pretty well....My Marth/Fox with his Peach lol then again you're Peach is pretty beastly....we could take first lol but don't count on me playing in tournament. If I'm not feeling better by then I won't enter. But chances are I will come to just to be there lol and I'll wear a mask just for safety precautions y'all lol

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Honestly, if you're sick, just don't come. Plenty of people got super sick after last hobo because someone who was sick came, and they weren't too happy about it.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm going on Saturday but there's a catch. James, there could be a problem there that will have to be settled, cuz I AM going to take Ronnie because he still owes me $75 and I'm gonna make sure that *********ez wins it back for me, lol.

I'm gonna be a smash pimp at HOBO.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
>_< Screw you guys I'm going!

(I tried to make a Cartman joke but I couldn't figure one out =P)

And I'm actually feeling a lot better ^_^ just a sorethroat and running nose now. Fever is gone so this should heal up by Saturday lol

So Sethlon....are you coming to this HOBO? Please say yes ^_^

But if I'm not feeling great by then I won't go =/ poor James lol you may have to take him Paul xD make for a super awkward car ride

EvoLoNN

Smash Rookie
Be sure to record the LF, WF, and GF games!

btw to anyone that plays on UH campus housing or w/e. my aim sn is EvoLoNN. I'm on mobile aim so you can reach me via that anytime. I have a break from 2:30 to 5:30 today if anyone wants to play some melee (or maybe brawl)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, most Brawl players do are young and have school and therefore wouldn't be able to play on weekdays, lol.

But seriously, there is a small group of people who do go to UH for classes and would probably play whatever. Getting a hold of them would be the hardest part.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
XD yeah....that's why I hate your brawl kids =/ they're really annoying to talk to...reminds me of a girl on her period actually...they're really moody too. Very closed minded...

And yeah I heard there were a few people in UH I think it was on the previous page...how would you connect to them lol What are their real names? Maybe we can facebook stalk them =P

Jake13

Smash Lord
syba, comments like that are the reason brawl kids don't like us.

also, lets hope we have more than 2 tvs.

and that we have teams.

and that i don't have to run the tio lol

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro said DeAngelo is supposed to be running it, but I know he won't...so I'll see if I can do it instead. I would need help with seeding, and that's pretty much it. :)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Make Duggfin run it and rip Inui apart from her since he plays brawl! >=) and if he does enter melee just because of her that's just more pot money for us ^_^

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'm sorry guys....

SECRET TECHNIQUE DIDN'T WORK!

Basically at this point, thanks to the magic of bureaucracy.....

I won't be told if I don't get charged for bailing on the student retreat..... until Tuesday of next week, which is obviously long after the fact.

I'm not going to risk it. Especially after the Director said "Very unlikely." So no HOBO for me.

I'm sorry!

Gea

Smash Master
Because my TV is LCD and people have a misconception that any and all flatscreens lag. Flatscreens don't lag (and my LCD does not streak), HD TVs lag. I do not own an HD TV. But people john about it so they opt to try and steal another TV for use to ditch mine.

At the end of the night (since I don't stick by Melee the entire time) I find my cube alone on a random table where it could easily be walked away with. I don't appreciate that nor tolerate it.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
My training tv is an LCD xD I have the same thing...but my parents would kill me if I tried to take it to a tournament or something =P

And yeah that is pretty stupid lol well it's not like there are that many melee set ups...so finding out that one is missing is a pretty big problem lol

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gea's stuff always get separated.

It's odd yet funny but also dumb because people are dumb.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, since it's the MELEE people separating his cube form the TV, hmm...

;)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, don't blame all the Brawl players for that, just blame the individuals responsible. <_<

Regardless, there WILL be at least two TVs dedicated to Melee, and Clueless and Gea's TVs seem to be prime candidates. But yeah, if they are the only two people to bring TVs, then nothing else can be done...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I've only see two people to bring TVs so far, Clueless and Gea, unless I'm wrong. So, if 20 people enter but only two people bring TVs, there isn't much that can be done...

Gea

Smash Master
And this is me giving homage to you guys. Allan would much prefer my TV to have Brawl running on it.

Jake13

Smash Lord
you guys are lovely. thanks gea and RT! lets get roy in on this and we'll have ourselves a tourney =]

sucks you can't come kyle :( :(

i'll try and bring a tv n cube. no promises.

i really wanna run **** quick so we can do teams !

Top Bottom